Default Extra complimentary excursions at CN

We had no problem paying a little extra to stay at a Couples resort so that we could utilize the excursions such as diving, catamaran, glass bottom boat, shopping transportation, Margaritaville, sunset bar, etc. My question is to those who have stayed at CN and have taken advantage of these amentities. Are these "unlimited" excursions during a 8 nt. stay?

My boyfriend would like to dive ~ 3 times during our upcoming stay in Feb. I may want to go off-site shopping or to a bar or two more than once so I was curious as to how these extra excursions are handled. I don't believe I've seen a thread pertaining to all of the excursions, their frequency and/or reviews of them but I may have missed it.

Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks in advance!

hi there! we were never denied anything that was complimentary, unless the trip was full ... i.e. the catamaran cruise. you have to sign up in advance and they're pretty good about not letting you sign up for your friend who may or may not show ... if you want to go off site to a bar or in addition to what is included, the great people at the front desk are more than happy to arrange for transportation for you - and you'd be responsible for it from there. When we were there for our wedding, (ok so it was ten years ago) a friend of ours "hired" a taxi driver for the week for $50 or $100 ... worked out well for them because they weren't staying at CN but at a different, non-AI resort.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Kristie
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

you bf should have no problem diving given that he is certified.
    as far as shopping i woudl strongly recommend you take a cab to the far end of long bay and walk back. During your 4-5 mile walk you will pass countless beach vendors and beach bars. This above all other " canned" excusrions will give you a solid sample of the negril beach experience
    I would skip margarittaville simply because you are in negril why not experience negril.. by walking the bweach you can hit a number of mom and pop have a drink with a local and hear some cool stories.
    Just a not negril as a locale is based on the laid back spark up drink up watch the sun melt into the sea vibe... as a first timer try to pick up that vibe and if you don't dig it then negril really isnt the place for you ... we have met too many over zealous folks who think they want to cram a round peg into a square hole and end up missing out on the allue of negril.

No worries, you can do all these things as much as you want. Enjoy!

They are mostly "unlimited" excursion.

Trading Places is only once per visit.
    Diving is once per day, but people have done two if the boat has space.

All the other included excursion do not have limits, but they may want you sign up for round two after round one. (Diving you can sign up for all at once) All excursions are great.

Remember your vacation is time to sit and relax with boy friend and connect. Too many activities may make your trip stressful for you and/or your boy friend.
    Last edited by jon1963; September 15th, 2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Irie Mon

The extra excusrions are handled by signing up for them and then going on them...as many times as you want. I believe your boyfriend can even go diving twice a day. Not all of the excursions are offered every day, but some are offered two or more times a day. The little Hobie Cat sail boats, for example, can be taken out whenever you want...several times a day without signing up in advance. If one is available, you can take it out (after asking permission). The shopping trips are usually only offered about 4 times a week and the Cat Cruise is offered 3 times a week. The big problem is taking enough time off from the activities to spend some time on the beach and pool. See the activities page for CN for the choices:

http://www.couples.com/13cn/39CNactivities.htm

You will have a wonderful time in the perfect vacation spot.
    Last edited by Wally; September 16th, 2009 at 12:52 AM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default noproblem man

Westay at couples negril and no limit to excusions, if they are free you can go as often as possible, Scuba dive or snorkely every day shop as often as you want, waterski daily, etc. The excusions that they do charge for ( few and far between, you can also take as often as you wish.

warmweatherfriend

We had no problem paying a little extra to stay at a Couples resort so that we could utilize the excursions such as diving, catamaran, glass bottom boat, shopping transportation, Margaritaville, sunset bar, etc. My question is to those who have stayed at CN and have taken advantage of these amentities. Are these "unlimited" excursions during a 8 nt. stay?
    You don't pay any extra for those amenities they are FREE. You can use them as often as you like during your stay when the service is available.

For availability of these items review the activities list for the resort you are going to.

As to other activities that may not be included, the cost of a taxi to the area you wish to go is reasonable.

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments. SteverandLinda - great suggestion about the 4-5 mi. walk on the beach from Long Bay. I prefer to hang out with "locals" while traveling, just wasn't sure if this was a safe thing to do in Jamaica. I'm a newbie! Also, we are specifically going to Negril for the "vibe" you mention! I can hardly wait but we still have 5 months and 5 days to go. Too many "sleeps" to start counting yet.

I spoke to a group that has been to CN 9 times and they go and dive 2 times a day. We never left the resort except to dive and snorkel