Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Staff Who Have Left

Just got back from two wonderful weeks at CN. While we we there we started talking about the staff who have left and that we miss. I thought this might be a nice thread to start.

Yannick - Always a friendly face at the pool bar, and made you feel very welcome. He is missed!

What a great idea for a thread! At CSS there are two staff members that I miss! One of them I am still fortunate enough to be in contact with! Hubby and I miss Margaret from Guest Services, who is now off living her dream as a math teacher and KadyAnn from the Entertainment team! When we were at CSS over the holidays we missed KadyAnn leading trivia and offering a hearty shout of "Sociable!!!" Both of these AMAZING women are greatly missed!!!!:-)

Alex "Fabulous" Mullins remains one of the most amicable young Jamaicans that I've ever met. Sadly, he "outgrew" his post as a guest relations coordinator at SweptAway, as well as having family obligations in England; as far as I know, he is back on the island, and in the Negril area. Couples could do far worse than to bring this gentleman back into their employ in some position.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I am sad to hear that Kadyann is gone from CSS. She had been talking about leaving, but we were selfish in hoping it wouldn't happen. She always made us look forward to returning there, and she will be missed. Best of luck to her!

I know he didn't 'leave' in the sense you are talking but Stutton at CN...best Chocolate Martini's around...

Tall Paul, Anthony, Andrew, Dakota (Cody) @ CN

Karen and I second what suzyQ has written. On our first trip to CSS, we got to know Margaret at guest services. She was perfect for the job in every way! She already had a teaching certificate for teaching elementary school, but wanted to follow her dream of becoming a high school math teacher. I have had the pleasure of tutoring her via phone and e-mail from Canada as she worked on her correspondence university courses to obtain her certificate. She acquired a teaching position at Ferncourt High School in the math department in September of last year. We still talk to Margaret a couple of times a month, and make a point of seeing her when we visit CSS.

Miguel (Minnie Me) was the first person we met in entertainment at CSS. He is now working in entertainment at CTI , and we really miss him at CSS. He has the perfect personality for that job, has a wonderful sense of humour, and can always make us laugh.

Lij Keith, who was the head of Guest services a few years ago, is working at another resort in Montego Bay.

Sillay, who was manager of the front desk staff, is moving to Brampton, Ontario, this week with her family (just 3 hours down the road from us!). We had a mini-conference call from her and Margaret on Saturday - it was great to hear her voice!

Kaneisha, who was a wonderful server in Casanova, went to work on a Disney Cruise ship a couple of years ago. We miss her wonderful smile!

Dwayne, who made the best smoothie's for breakfast in Palazzina has left.

And then there's KadyAnn - she was SO good in entertainment, and we miss her very much! She is now attending school in the USA. I will finish off this post with her word - SOCIABLE!! (anyone and everyone who knows her will always get a chuckle when they hear that word!)
    (Karen&Paul)

From CN: Stutton Andrew, Tamika, Toya, Tanya, Damion, Carrie, Capt Lee, Sinker, Yuri, Yukari, and technically Karen and Brian (even though we can go visit them at CSA) and last but not least... Alain and Ashrayn

Now please excuse me while I go pout.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    Karen and I second what suzyQ has written. On our first trip to CSS, we got to know Margaret at guest services. She was perfect for the job in every way! She already had a teaching certificate for teaching elementary school, but wanted to follow her dream of becoming a high school math teacher. I have had the pleasure of tutoring her via phone and e-mail from Canada as she worked on her correspondence university courses to obtain her certificate. She acquired a teaching position at Ferncourt High School in the math department in September of last year. We still talk to Margaret a couple of times a month, and make a point of seeing her when we visit CSS.

Miguel (Minnie Me) was the first person we met in entertainment at CSS. He is now working in entertainment at CTI , and we really miss him at CSS. He has the perfect personality for that job, has a wonderful sense of humour, and can always make us laugh.

Lij Keith, who was the head of Guest services a few years ago, is working at another resort in Montego Bay.

Sillay, who was manager of the front desk staff, is moving to Brampton, Ontario, this week with her family (just 3 hours down the road from us!). We had a mini-conference call from her and Margaret on Saturday - it was great to hear her voice!

Kaneisha, who was a wonderful server in Casanova, went to work on a Disney Cruise ship a couple of years ago. We miss her wonderful smile!

Dwayne, who made the best smoothie's for breakfast in Palazzina has left.

And then there's KadyAnn - she was SO good in entertainment, and we miss her very much! She is now attending school in the USA. I will finish off this post with her word - SOCIABLE!! (anyone and everyone who knows her will always get a chuckle when they hear that word!)
    Where in the states is Kaydian? I miss Lij, Mini-me, Sarah K, O'Neill.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

To add to leoconnor's list: Amanda, Shantel and Jody, but now Yannick, too! Bummer.

And Orlando (Bartender usually at Balloon Bar) is now in Ottawa ... stay connected once in a while on Facebook!

I have heard my all time favorite bartender Dermon is no longer at CSA and now works in Montego Bay. What a loss he made our trip so much fun the last two years I will sure miss him,

Quote Originally Posted by moleinone View Post
    And Orlando (Bartender usually at Balloon Bar) is now in Ottawa ... stay connected once in a while on Facebook!
    Can you please send me a message on FB and let me know how Orlando is. I'd love to connect with him. We go way back. 10 years. Please please

I too missed Lij. He was great. Even went shopping with us during his lunch one year.
    Linda

Default Linguini =(

It is with GREAT sadness that I must inform everyone that Linguini, or Leightonette, left CSS yesterday... It was her last day. I wanted to see her again when we go back in may, but alas, it's not to be.

at least we still have sasha and the ever ebullient spaghetti.

Too many of our favorites at CTI. Ulysses, Sharon, Ava, Sheldon, and Venque.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Where does one even start - from CSS - we continue to miss Claudette (the best team leader they ever had), Dave (awesome, kind, amazing bartender), Hugh (bellman always smiling and friendly), Corey (sound engineer - the music has never sounded so sweet), Head Chef Osmond (miss his oxtail and spinners), Executive Chef Valentine (at least we get to visit him at CTI), Carlan and Adrian (great bartenders), Josey and Dennis from landscaping (kind and gentle with Cracker). We pray that all are happy and keeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by tewkewl View Post
    It is with GREAT sadness that I must inform everyone that Linguini, or Leightonette, left CSS yesterday... It was her last day. I wanted to see her again when we go back in may, but alas, it's not to be.

at least we still have sasha and the ever ebullient spaghetti.
    What!!!?? No more twin towers?! That is SO SO SAD! I have been counting down the days for over a year, waiting to be able to see all three of them again... Sasha gave us our tour, and really gave us an unforgettable first impression of Jamaica and Couples. We will miss Linguini dearly, but are glad Sasha and Spaghetti are still there. Do you know where Linguini went or why she left?
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    To add to leoconnor's list: Amanda, Shantel and Jody, but now Yannick, too! Bummer.
    And to add to G&P's list (well, the Yannick part as the other 3 are presumably the former ET coordinators), here are other former CN bar/dining staff that some guest may recall:

------------------------
    King Damian
    Neil Scarlett
    Cleato
    Dexton
    Sheldon
    Steve (Big 6)
    Knollis
    Edian
    Tracia
    Tonia
    Andre
    Omar Grant
    Kemar
    Rosemarie Jackson
    Anthony (T)
    Dwayne Downer
    Jocelyn
    Omar (not Grant, the large guy)
    Marlon
    Carrie
    Conroy
    Keisha
    Durval
    Melissa
    Andrew (Williams)
    Seperion
    Sherika
    Sean (Thomas)
    Samantha (T)
    Godfrey (T)
    Richard (T)
    Cashwayne
    Jouevan
    Richie (the tall guy)
    Otis (T)
    Ricky (T)
    Wayne (T)
    Tamara(T)
    Rhonda(T)
    KerryAnn(T)
    Arderanna(T)

And now Damion (the bartender, not the former ET coordinator)

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    And to add to G&P's list (well, the Yannick part as the other 3 are presumably the former ET coordinators), here are other former CN bar/dining staff that some guest may recall:

------------------------
    King Damian
    Neil Scarlett
    Cleato
    Dexton
    Sheldon
    Steve (Big 6)
    Knollis
    Edian
    Tracia
    Tonia
    Andre
    Omar Grant
    Kemar
    Rosemarie Jackson
    Anthony (T)
    Dwayne Downer
    Jocelyn
    Omar (not Grant, the large guy)
    Marlon
    Carrie
    Conroy
    Keisha
    Durval
    Melissa
    Andrew (Williams)
    Seperion
    Sherika
    Sean (Thomas)
    Samantha (T)
    Godfrey (T)
    Richard (T)
    Cashwayne
    Jouevan
    Richie (the tall guy)
    Otis (T)
    Ricky (T)
    Wayne (T)
    Tamara(T)
    Rhonda(T)
    KerryAnn(T)
    Arderanna(T)

And now Damion (the bartender, not the former ET coordinator)
    And everyone is forgetting Franklin CN bartender. He called me two weeks ago he has left as well but doing great..

Also gone from CSS: Snorkeling boat captain, Barrington, as well as dive instructor and team leader, Phillip. Missed them both so much when we were there in January.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    What!!!?? No more twin towers?! That is SO SO SAD! I have been counting down the days for over a year, waiting to be able to see all three of them again... Sasha gave us our tour, and really gave us an unforgettable first impression of Jamaica and Couples. We will miss Linguini dearly, but are glad Sasha and Spaghetti are still there. Do you know where Linguini went or why she left?
    She said she's moving on and is currently "self employeed". maybe she can get a job at Tower Island so couples can at least keep her. She said that she's going to be living near the Airport, so you can visit her when you arrive! Befriend her on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbeachlover View Post
    Also gone from CSS: Snorkeling boat captain, Barrington, as well as dive instructor and team leader, Phillip. Missed them both so much when we were there in January.
    Philip left! Who's still on the dive team, Leon, Patrick, Nick? We're back in 32 days!

Blog Entries

Hi Gary_and_Patti,
    All names mentioned Leon, Patrick and Nicholas are still at CSS.. along with new Team Leader Mitch and watersports Manager Michael who dive as well.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thanks Michelle,

I forgot to mention Michael! He has gone out with us a few times previously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast