Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bravo. Love & Respect -Razzl

The people that are the problem won't comment or comprehend this. Those that aren't the problem have the common sense and decency to know better.

Thank you Randymon. I hope something similar is included in the check-in paperwork.

This December seemed to be worse for loud drunks during dinner (the woman who kept screeching at the Terrace Bar "WooooHOOOOOO IT"S MY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY" and the loud wedding group in the hot tubs at dinner and again at 2am). More ganja than years before ... to the point that we couldn't sit on our balcony. We saw one girl who could barely get out of a hammock, she was so completely stoned out of her mind.

Yes, it is your vacation and you paid for it, but there is no reason to become obnoxious "MTV/Bravo reality show" drunk and abusive to the staff. Respect, mon.

Honestly, I think any problems dealing with conduct are so few and far between that this topic is getting WAY too much attention. It is my personal opionion that for every each nitwit who behaves poorly, there are an equal number of people so thin skinned that they are looking for something to get upset about. Granted - getting upset about the rude nitwit is not unreasonable, but try not to let it ruin your day. It is vacation. Don't worry, be happy.

I'm so glad this is getting posted. We just returned from our weddingmoon at Sans Souci, and the entire trip was WONDERFUL... EXCEPT for a small group of people who were totally smashed beyond recognition every single day, from sun up to sun down. We were in A Block, and almost every day we could hear them yelling and talking and shouting down at the pool bar. It was so bad, we even saw them at the bar after it was closed, behind the counter trying to pour their own beers from the tap. (one lady got a cup full of beer foam, and proceeded to dump it in the pool.) One of these same people also came over during our wedding and stood there (once again totally and completely obliterated at 11am) and was taking pictures/filming our wedding ceremony.

Also, it is not necessarily the age of people that creates a certain mentality regarding drinking. The people I am referring to were actually middle aged people, and the younger crowd (who would normally be thought of as the "spring break crowd" were actually the quiet, reserved, sophisticated ones.

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, only a fraction of people actually read these boards, and I would be VERY surprised if the group I am referring to reads them. But their loud obnoxious behavior will NOT keep me from coming back to my Jamaican Paradise. We just returned on Saturday, and I have already got pricing figured out for a CN/CSS split stay next spring. Just have to figure out what dates we can go....

Roughly 365 days and counting until we OFFICIALLY become repeaters!

I think tt2505 and Cloud have a great point. Include a printed sheet in the Info. packet so that there can be no argument about conduct. That should be geared towards the guests, and also to the people working at Swept Away.

Thank you for reposting. I haven't yet posted a review of our split trip between CTI and CSS, and partly because this issue was causing me concern and I wasn't sure how to address it. We LOVE Couples, and recommend it to many friends and clients as we are in the wedding venue business. I am so glad to see the commitment to the values and experience we have grown to love. I agree about making the code visible at the resorts. Looking forward to many more years of fabulous memories in Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by billyman8 View Post
    If you don't want people to drink to much do what other bars are supposed to do and cut people off. Let the bartender decide if someone has had to much. This will not happen though because people aren't driving and I have seen bartenders egg them on. I have been to Couples several times and have very rarely seen people act out of hand. Plus at 58 I don't feel I need to sign a code of conduct like a 12 year old. You are always going to have jerks. I am sure you see them everyday at home so you can't expect much difference there. There are people there who want to drink all day, to them that is vacation. I have been to many other resorts in Jamaica and it also happens there. If you notice there isn't much response to this thread and it has been up for 2 days. It must not be that big of a problem or more people would have commented.
    Just so you know, there are other threads dealing with this same issue on the message board and many people have left their comments on those. Ignoring the problem or belittling those who try to suggest ways to deal with it is of no help at all. The resort is full of people who all paid their money in the hopes of having a great time on vacation without the bad behavior of the self centered few who think time away from home is an excuse for another drunken "Spring Break" moment. People need to show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Honestly, I think any problems dealing with conduct are so few and far between that this topic is getting WAY too much attention. It is my personal opionion that for every each nitwit who behaves poorly, there are an equal number of people so thin skinned that they are looking for something to get upset about. Granted - getting upset about the rude nitwit is not unreasonable, but try not to let it ruin your day. It is vacation. Don't worry, be happy.
    I agree Bert. It looks as though Couples has put out a set of guidelines to follow. I don't think signing a paper is going to keep someone who is going to get drunk from drinking. I have seen people sit at the pool bar from 10:00 until closing. They paid for that. If they get out of hand they should be ask to relax. Again if it is that big of a problem quit serving them. Because people are drinking and playing pool volleyball and screaming, yelling, and laughing, how does someone decide they are out of hand. Out of hand to some is having fun to others. I am not much of a drinker but don't believe I should be peoples moral compass.

As per usual, there is a small minority who do things that actually make it necessary for management to impose rules for all. Most people get it that Couples is a peaceful, romantic place for us to unwind, relax, and enjoy a week or so of pure bliss in the sun. Unfortunately, to some, vacation means to let loose, do what you feel, and basically go crazy for your time away from the daily grind. I understand that, but everyone needs to understand that your behavior at the resort at times has an affect on the enjoyment of others. We all pay the same, we all work hard, we all have families, jobs, responsibilities, etc.
    For my experience at CSS, I have not really seen many who have upset the ambiance of the place, but some who have come close. I don't let it bother me because I am focused on my own time, my own vacation, my own time with my wife.
    I certainly believe that those who choose, or choose to ignore policy, should be called on it, and be made aware of how their behavior is affecting others. There was a time on our last visit where I wasn't breaking any rules, but I was smoking, and it bothered someone else there. Once I realized how what I did affected the other guest, I immediately stopped and apologized. I felt so bad that I had affected their enjoyment. Unfortunately drunk people don't do that.
    I guess that's why we tend to stay up in the cliffs at D block, or G block, as they are away from the "action" and we don't have to listen to those who enjoy a little more debauchery during their vacation.
    I do agree that posting and making guests aware of the "code of conduct" should make things easier for staff to enforce those rules to the very few who think they live above them.

We are supposed to be coming in 38 days, thought we had planned the perfect dream vacations. Now I am not so sure, I am concerned that I am going to be judged the whole time. I did not realize that everyone was so judgemental, I don't plan on coming and getting drunk anyday let alone everyday. I do not enjoy drunk asses anymore than the next person. So have I wasted money to not enjoy it, I was looking for alone time with my husband, time to sit on the beach watch the ocean and not worry about anything, relax and find peace after a REALLY BAD year. Just really worried;(

Quote Originally Posted by tt2505 View Post
    Where is this 'CODE OF CONDUCT' going to be displayed??

The majority of guests staying at Couples resorts do not read the message boards - this needs to be displayed at each resort & management to enforce it.
    These are the two major problems with Couples resorts.

1) They have rules, but don't post them anywhere but the message board, so the majority of the guests do not see them

2) They do not enforce the rules
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwatcher View Post
    Because only a fraction of guests who visit the resorts visit the message board, I would like to suggest that the Code of Conduct be part of the registration paperwork when guests arrive at the resort. Everyone should sign the code, stating that they have read and understand the rules. At the very least, the Code of Conduct should be included as part of the letter guests receive from the general manager of each resort as they arrive.
    I like making everyone sign a copy of this at check in! Terrific idea!

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I have to agree that those behaving inappropriately are probably not the ones reading the message boards. I find the same thing with the tipping policy. There are those who don't think it's a problem to tip or for their own selfish reasons decide they will anyway. Perhaps at check-in something could be handed out in an information pamphlet explaining policies and code of conduct expected.

Last year the majority of those imbibing were well behaved and just having fun. Had heard about an incident at the pool bar but we were never subjected to anything inappropriate or obnoxious.

Oh yeah there was a group on the beach one day playing music a little too loud while I was trying to nap. The nerve of them!

So glad this is to be circulated.
    We were at CN last November for 14 days and for our second visit.
    We commented on the behaviour of some of our fellow guests on the feedback form.
    Back in the UK I was contacted by Couples EMEA manager who told me that this had become a common feature of the feedback forms.
    Couples management believe that their client base has changed over the years as a result of their special promotions.
    Taking a holiday at Couples is now cheaper in real terms than it was a few years ago, therefore attracting guests who might normally go to resorts that encourage the more boisterous behaviour.
    This code of conduct I suspect is a first step to bringing the Couples experience back up to the level it deserves.
    As a result of our comments, we were given a very special deal to return to Jamaica in November 2014. Sadly, our experience at CN put us off returning there, so we accepted the offer of CSS.
    Lets hope the code of conduct is being observed then.

We visited last May and had no problems with any of these issues. You have to remember people are on vacation in a tropical paradise and maybe they are a little more drunk and rowdy but just enjoy it and laugh. No worries mon'!

Hi Rhunter72 and others,
    We have been to Couples 12 times since 2009, experiencing all four of the Jamaican resorts, and will be returning to CSS for 10 days in May and then 7 days at CN in Nov. In all of our visits, we have only observed one incident (at a slight distance) of unacceptable behavior as a result of drinking. One of the things that keeps us coming back is our experience with people at the resort -- both staff and guests. So Rhunter72, based on our experience, you have "wasted money to not enjoy it".

One of the guiding principles that we embrace and that has served us well throughout life is "You find what you are looking for". When we go to Couples, we are looking for a romantic, relaxing, and totally enjoyable experience -- and that is what we find every time. And trusting your upcoming visit will provide you the opportunity to just " relax and find peace after a REALLY BAD year".

go and enjoy. Like I said, these incidents are few and far in between and that's the only reason people point it out. We don't make a fuss over what's common, only what's not common. You will love it there.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriB27 View Post
    Last year the majority of those imbibing were well behaved and just having fun. Had heard about an incident at the pool bar but we were never subjected to anything inappropriate or obnoxious.

Oh yeah there was a group on the beach one day playing music a little too loud while I was trying to nap. The nerve of them!
    Personally, I am not interested in hearing someone else's music while relaxing and reading on the beach. Wear your headphones if you want to listen to your own music and allow those of us who want to enjoy the beach as it is to do just that.

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at Sans Souci. We were looking forward to the promise of "Tranquil Days. Intimate Nights. Romantic Always". I agree with the concerns about drunken rowdy behaviour as every afternoon following excessive alcohol and blatant smoking of 'wacky backy' the antics round the pool got totally out of hand. Screaming and shouting and over enthusiastic games of volley ball in the pool. I cannot understand why people who have chosen a resort aimed at couples, and romance choose to behave like they are on a Stag or Hen party. Come on Guys - what's romantic about leaving your other half while you go off to get drunk or stoned with people you have only just met?
    Having said that, thanks to the wonderful staff and fantastic venue we had a truly wonderful time (once we tuned out the noise). We would definitely consider returning for a third time but both of us agreed that it was noisier and less tranquil than our previous visit. Will probably avoid March - maybe quieter at another time - any recommendations of best time to go?

I would suggest that this code of conduct be posted in every room. It does appear to me that the instances of boorish behaviour have become more frequent over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I would suggest that this code of conduct be posted in every room. It does appear to me that the instances of boorish behaviour have become more frequent over the years.
    Not a bad idea, any more than having guests sign something at the beginning. Problem is that most of us know how to behave and don't need this..and those who do need this think it doesn't apply to them and will disregard anyway. Some people do feel that the rules don't apply to them and no matter what you do, they will still act they way they are going to act. If you think about it, this is an ALL ADULT, ALL INCLUSIVE....there should never be any need for something like this in the first place. But there is because some people don't care about how their actions affect others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhunter72 View Post
    We are supposed to be coming in 38 days, thought we had planned the perfect dream vacations. Now I am not so sure, I am concerned that I am going to be judged the whole time. I did not realize that everyone was so judgemental, I don't plan on coming and getting drunk anyday let alone everyday. I do not enjoy drunk asses anymore than the next person. So have I wasted money to not enjoy it, I was looking for alone time with my husband, time to sit on the beach watch the ocean and not worry about anything, relax and find peace after a REALLY BAD year. Just really worried;(
    Rhunter72- Dont worry. This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand. Lets be respectful of each other and allow people to live the life they want. Of course we need to respect the others around us. I am petty rowdy and have been going to CN for 6 years straight and LOVE IT!!! Everyone I run into year after year tell me they best time they have on the cat cruise or the pool bar, beach volleyball is when Im there. I spend most of the day sitting in the sun by the ocean but after lunch and a walk I have some drinks at the pool bar and entertain, have fun. Dinner time is time to enjoy the incredible food and the guests, staff. There is no need to strong arm people or swear like an idiot. Sing and enjoy. Life is too short. Some of the resorts are certainly more laid back than others. I recommend CN if you are a little wilder. Se ya on the beach!!

Name:  bob fuzy.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  272.8 KBName:  cigar pose.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  54.7 KBName:  102_0053.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  48.4 KBName:  Albert.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  66.3 KBName:  100_1844.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  47.5 KB

This is fun!!!