Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 106
  1. #76

    Default

    I have read all of the comments here, and I have one comment - it is unfortunate that we have to discuss this. One would hope that people would act responsibly. But I guess that we cannot hope for everything.

    I would agree with Bert - perhaps it is time to close off and remove this thread.

    My two cents,

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Thanks, Randymon, for posting this. It is a shame that you have to post, but I am certainly glad you did. We are regulars at Couples and have seen increasing instances of exactly what you are trying to avoid. I have been concerned because I have seen more of this behavior in recent years, so I am very happy to hear that Couples is taking action to keep the romantic and classy atmosphere that makes it so special. Thank you!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    449

    Default

    We haven't been back since 2011. It was our third visit to CSA and we were extremely put off by the behavior of some of the guests, especially one large grouip. While my husband and I were trying to have a romantic dinner at Lemongrass to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we had to put up with a large group having a birthday celebration. They screamed, hollared, cheered and pretty much took over the resturant duing our dinner. We were by the railing and even though their table was a good 20 feet from ours, they decided to come right up to our table and take photos at the railing and then proceeded to YELL down at frend eating downstairs. Everyone was staring at them. Twice, my husband asked management to control the group or say something to them and they did absolutely nothing. It is a shame that a couple cannot enjoy an anniversary dinner at COUPLES because of a rowdy group of friends.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    987

    Default

    RichN

    Not trying to disparage your methods, but with the behavior you described I would not have waited for the staff to say something to this group of "guests". I would have had to respectfully tell them that their behavior was outside the bounds of good taste and the rules of conduct on the beach (or pool or whatever) and asked them to turn it down a couple notches. You would be surprised how effective a direct approach can be with most folks. I would then have gone directly to a staff or security person to make them aware of what was occurring and that I had personally mentioned my displeasure to the group in question. Hopefully that would have gotten the point across to everyone. If not I would have stepped up the resort chain of command to report what was happening, and perhaps made a bit stronger suggestion to the perpetrators again to act their age.

    But that's just me.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    RichN - wouldn't "a group of 10" suffice? By attempting to identify country of origin you tread a very ugly line...arguably, uglier than the behavior you abhor. (Perhaps it is time to put this thread to rest)
    You're right. Sorry. Of course their nationality isn't relevant. I should have just called them a group of 10 or something like that. Most guests in CSA are Americans and the vast majority of those guests are decent and nice people. The problem is with a very small minority. And last year (not this year) a small minority like that partly ruined our holiday. That group of 10 that we encountered this year brought back memories.

    So, I don't think that this thread should be put to rest. If my (admittedly unthoughtful) mentioning of their nationality hurt your feelings so much that you think my remark is somehow worse than the day in day out obnoxious behavior of drunks, then maybe it's indeed time for you to leave this thread alone. But I think the issue of asocial behaviour is important enough to warrant some attention. And I'm really glad that ik looks like Couples is going to be a bit more assertive about this issue. So let's keep this thread alive.

  6. #81

    Default

    If there is any loud inappropriate behaviour going on, I am sorry but I agree with others who mentioned staff responsibility. If there is a wedding going on and someone is being loud and disruptive it should not be up to the couple getting married to ask someone to lower their voices. The couple is paying the resort good money for their wedding and staff should step in if need be. If there is someone in the pool bar who is completely inappropriate, really? The bartender cannot stop serving them? We are all adults but we are paying good money to enjoy our vacation and shouldn't be the ones policing other guests.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    RichN

    Not trying to disparage your methods, but with the behavior you described I would not have waited for the staff to say something to this group of "guests". I would have had to respectfully tell them that their behavior was outside the bounds of good taste and the rules of conduct on the beach (or pool or whatever) and asked them to turn it down a couple notches. You would be surprised how effective a direct approach can be with most folks. I would then have gone directly to a staff or security person to make them aware of what was occurring and that I had personally mentioned my displeasure to the group in question. Hopefully that would have gotten the point across to everyone. If not I would have stepped up the resort chain of command to report what was happening, and perhaps made a bit stronger suggestion to the perpetrators again to act their age.

    But that's just me.
    I have to respectfully disagree. When alcohol and large groups are involved, you never know what you will get. I would not feel comfortable sending my husband to say something to a group with 6-7 men. I don't think that WE should have to police others behavior. As I stated, everyone around was staring in disbelief. It was more than obvious that something needed to be done and nothing was.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicandaisy View Post
    If there is any loud inappropriate behaviour going on, I am sorry but I agree with others who mentioned staff responsibility. If there is a wedding going on and someone is being loud and disruptive it should not be up to the couple getting married to ask someone to lower their voices. The couple is paying the resort good money for their wedding and staff should step in if need be. If there is someone in the pool bar who is completely inappropriate, really? The bartender cannot stop serving them? We are all adults but we are paying good money to enjoy our vacation and shouldn't be the ones policing other guests.
    I agree with Jamaicandaisy's point and also with cypresspeeps' point. In addition to the excellent observation that guests should not be policing other guests because: A) as guests we are on vacation and shouldn't have to spend our energy policing other guests, and B) when it comes to obnoxious behavior and drinking/drugs, there are personal safety issues that are raised, there is another reason for management to intervene in a problem guest situation. That reason being that management is the only authority on the resort!

    As guests, we have no authority to police other guests. We are on the same level as they are and they know it. Management is the authority at the resort and therefore a warning from management will more likely be heeded than a comment from another guest. Additionally, management is the only entity with any power to enforce consequences at the resort. As a guest, I cannot enforce any consequences for inappropriate behavior (other than giving someone the evil eye). Only management can deliver consequences. If a guest is getting so loud and so drunk as to become a menace, or he/she/they are displaying other inappropriate behaviors, then I believe management should intervene. If the behavior continues, then management can and should ask the guest(s) to leave the resort (similar to Randymon's post regarding consequences for inappropriate public sexual activity at the resorts). For all of the above reasons, management should be the one to step in when one or more guests is getting out of control. It shouldn't be the other guests' responsibility.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    987

    Default

    cypresspeeps, CA_girl_in_T, Jamaicandaisy and others,

    I completely understand and agree with your position and opinion on dealing with the issue. I am just a bit of a different animal I suppose. If some one, or some group, is acting in a manner that is offensive to, or intrusive on, my wife and I then I feel compelled to speak up and ask them, in a respectful manner, to straighten up and act right, or at least keep it at a reasonable level of chaos. Respect my space as I respect yours. I imagine this comes from my military background and having regularly dealt with folks that had become too loud and belligerent. However I also can agree with your stance that it is the obligation of the resort management or staff to control the situation. Especially if you have brought it up to them as obstructing your enjoyment of the occasion, what ever or where ever it may be. After all that is what you are paying for, an enjoyable and memorable vacation without uninvited interruption by a drunken or over zealous group of revelers.

    I hope that if you return to Couples in the future that your vacation will be totally as you hoped for from beginning to end.

    With respect,
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Certainly no shortage of comments and or ideas.

    I agree that guests should not be policing other guests. However, I have no problem speaking out. But I would not risk engaging the guest or group, I would find the nearest staff person. Then they can take it from there.

    A number of years ago, out on TI, there was a male guest that really got out of hand. Shawn, yah, going way back, tried to handle this guy by himself. It soon became clear that he was going to need the assistance of some of the men in the pool. Sometimes, I think that guest will step in a minute, if staff indicates the need for help. But I always wait for staff first.



  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just came across this thread and I agree it should be removed. Maybe management should simply add the code of conduct sheet with check in and that's it. This is sad to me and I wish I hadn't seen this thread. Things seem to have turned so rigid. Guests may come on here and are getting a bad picture of the resort that is not the reality. My husband and I are repeaters and have not come across any out of hand situations. Some say lucky us, but maybe it's that we are not judgemental and are there for a much needed vacation and not much can bother us in paradise. Maybe some guests would prefer the other resort. JMO

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csafans View Post
    Just came across this thread and I agree it should be removed. Maybe management should simply add the code of conduct sheet with check in and that's it. This is sad to me and I wish I hadn't seen this thread. Things seem to have turned so rigid. Guests may come on here and are getting a bad picture of the resort that is not the reality. My husband and I are repeaters and have not come across any out of hand situations. Some say lucky us, but maybe it's that we are not judgemental and are there for a much needed vacation and not much can bother us in paradise. Maybe some guests would prefer the other resort. JMO
    I have not had this experience at CSA and hope I never do. I have, however, witnessed completely obnoxious behavior at other resorts. IMO, being unwilling to tolerate drunken, loud and inappropriate behavior has NOTHING to do with being judgmental. It has everything to do with the fact that Couples states they do not allow it and advertises a guest experience that is anything but. I do not wish to be subjected with loud and drunken behavior on vacation and would escalate as high as I needed to in order to have it handled appropriately.

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csafans View Post
    Just came across this thread and I agree it should be removed. Maybe management should simply add the code of conduct sheet with check in and that's it. This is sad to me and I wish I hadn't seen this thread. Things seem to have turned so rigid. Guests may come on here and are getting a bad picture of the resort that is not the reality. My husband and I are repeaters and have not come across any out of hand situations. Some say lucky us, but maybe it's that we are not judgemental and are there for a much needed vacation and not much can bother us in paradise. Maybe some guests would prefer the other resort. JMO
    csafan...you are so correct. 99% of the time, there are none of these issues going on at Couples. While there will always be isolated incidences anywhere you go, some people have become too judgmental about what everyone else is doing instead of minding their own business. They look for problems and then feel dissed because other people aren't behaving exactly how they want them to. People are different. Some people are more active. Some people are naturally more loud. To me, those overly judgmental people can be more selfish than the other people who are just trying to enjoy their own vacations.
    Last edited by jamaican_junkie; May 10th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

  14. #89

    Default

    I completely agree with the Code of Conduct. Had the end of vacation disrupted by some wedding party guests who had nearby atrium rooms and wanted to yell amongst them. I also so agree that it should be part of the registration process and pointed out. Most people who are on the message board are probably already "believers". Wedding guests, for example, may be going for 'one time only', but should still know what Couples, especially regulars, expect. Hope that this code is respected .. I know we do. :-)

    windsorgirl
    CSA '07,08
    CTI 08, 09
    CSS 09
    CN '10

  15. #90

    Default

    The code of conduct reflects completely what we LOVE about Couples. In the times we have been we have not really had any bad experiences but it looks like some have.

    Kevin & Vickie
    CSS 2010 (wedding)
    CSS / CTI 2011
    CSS / CN 2012
    2014....tba...hoping for CB

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    We've been home over a week now and I have had time to stew over this. My wife, who is not a message board user, hopped on right before we left for CN and read this thread. I wish it either didn't exist or was enforced. On our trip to CN, we experienced many of the negative behaviors specifically excluded in this thread. On our first full day, we experienced a group of folks that were etremely loud and drunk at the pool. This carried on to their rooms and unfortunatly, were directly above us. With their music blaring out the balcony and screaming and hooting, woke my wife up while we were inside with the doors closed. I am on vacation and not about to play police, so we called the front desk and informed them of the situation. They did send security. The music stopped, but the screaming got worse and then the obscenities from them to the people that called security started. We got dressed, went to dinner, and to the front desk to request a different room. The front desk staff laughed and said they were full but would move us the next day. Thankfully, they left the next day and no repeats of those folks. We saw many, many, many people acting a fool and drinking way, way too much. This is the fault of the bartenders overserving folks. One night at dinner at Heliconia, we were seated around 8PM and there were still folks at the pool bar being obnoxious. They were standing in the bar (which was closed) and yelling and being stupid. Not quite the quiet, romantic atmosphere we were hoping for. We smelled tons of pot and saw it being smoked openly on the beach only steps from the pool bar. Like I said, if you are going to have the rules, enforce it. If you are not going to enforce it, don't set the expectation of what things will be like. We are repeaters to CN and have also visited CSS. This is not our first rodeo with Couples, but will probably be our last. We have seen this crazy behavior increasing in frequency in our last two trips. Very disappointing.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Okay people, this thread is really becoming a literal buzz kill. Sometimes I wonder why people go on vacation at all because most of these complaints make me think they should just stay home in their own tiny bubbles. The resort is not a monastery on a vow of silence or a library where everyone whispers at all times during daylight hours. If that's what you are looking for, perhaps you have picked the wrong place. To choose to come to Jamaica of all the places in the entire world and complain about the smell of smoke of any kind is beyond ridiculous. Lol I mean you do realize this is a country with the religion of Rastafarian and the birth place of Bob Marley right? Perhaps instead of complaining you should look for a completely smoke free resort. Perhaps a resort that offers all inclusive alcohol amenities, offers a free sunset 'booze cruise', a free shuttle to Margaritaville or gives out free cigar coupons is not for you. Or better yet do some research on the country & pick another as there are plenty in the world to choose from that will better suit your delicate American sensibilities. I am getting really sick of reading complaints like: the tree frogs are too loud, the woodpeckers or other wildlife are being annoying, there are resort cats to keep rodents down, the poor locals are trying to survive & make a living by selling me stuff, I saw a topless or a naked person, I happened to hear people having their own idea of a good time and it encroached on my idea of what a Couples only resort should be, I happened to breath air and it didnít smell the way I wanted it too.....................the list is endless! Heck when I went to CSS in 2011 I actually had a couple complain to me about the sweeping noises of the ever so humble and hard working gardeners! In America bartenders have to police people due to driving drunk, this is not the case in Jamaica at a AI resort. I highly doubt Jamaica/resorts there want to start being known as unwelcoming to visitors of any kind by 'enforcing/policing' guests. As someone who works in the service industry myself, I really feel for Couples being put in this catch 22 situation. The reason my hubby and me keep coming back to Couples over other resorts is for the laid back non-judgmental "no problem mon" vibe, something a lot of people on here have really lost sight of!!!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristyCSA View Post
    Okay people, this thread is really becoming a literal buzz kill. Sometimes I wonder why people go on vacation at all because most of these complaints make me think they should just stay home in their own tiny bubbles. The resort is not a monastery on a vow of silence or a library where everyone whispers at all times during daylight hours. If that's what you are looking for, perhaps you have picked the wrong place. To choose to come to Jamaica of all the places in the entire world and complain about the smell of smoke of any kind is beyond ridiculous. Lol I mean you do realize this is a country with the religion of Rastafarian and the birth place of Bob Marley right? Perhaps instead of complaining you should look for a completely smoke free resort. Perhaps a resort that offers all inclusive alcohol amenities, offers a free sunset 'booze cruise', a free shuttle to Margaritaville or gives out free cigar coupons is not for you. Or better yet do some research on the country & pick another as there are plenty in the world to choose from that will better suit your delicate American sensibilities. I am getting really sick of reading complaints like: the tree frogs are too loud, the woodpeckers or other wildlife are being annoying, there are resort cats to keep rodents down, the poor locals are trying to survive & make a living by selling me stuff, I saw a topless or a naked person, I happened to hear people having their own idea of a good time and it encroached on my idea of what a Couples only resort should be, I happened to breath air and it didnít smell the way I wanted it too.....................the list is endless! Heck when I went to CSS in 2011 I actually had a couple complain to me about the sweeping noises of the ever so humble and hard working gardeners! In America bartenders have to police people due to driving drunk, this is not the case in Jamaica at a AI resort. I highly doubt Jamaica/resorts there want to start being known as unwelcoming to visitors of any kind by 'enforcing/policing' guests. As someone who works in the service industry myself, I really feel for Couples being put in this catch 22 situation. The reason my hubby and me keep coming back to Couples over other resorts is for the laid back non-judgmental "no problem mon" vibe, something a lot of people on here have really lost sight of!!!
    While nearly entirely off base from the primary complaint of drunken/rowdy guests, you've also fallen off the "non-judgemental" wagon in a humorously ironic way.

    Kudos.

    Seriously, it's a moderation thing. Not a person mentioned it being a "library"; not once. There is a pretty large delta from a "monastery" to someone who is incredibly intoxicated, rude, and disruptive.

    Do we get drunk and have fun? Absolutely. Out of control? Nope.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Ya know, as many as there are people, there are different ideas of what constitutes a good time. Likewise there are that many ideas of what is beyond the pale as far as behavior and decorum. I see those as having been offended as being perfectly justified in their disappointment in both the culprits and the management at the various Couples. I can also see that there is no sure fire way to guarantee that all guests, at all times, will adhere to the "Code" as stated somewhere above. I do think it would be appropriate that if the management is serious about guests staying reasonably within said code that it be more publicly displayed. Perhaps as a statement on the booking pages as part of the description of the resorts, and maybe even as part of the material distributed to guests on check in. Perhaps as part of the training for bartenders and servers, they be instructed to inform guests that have obviously over indulged that it is management policy that they be throttled back, if not cut off all together, for a period of time. At least until they return to a more self controlled state. The staff should also be assured that doing so will in no way jeopardize their position or employment at the resort. If you want your people to enforce such rules on paying guests you have to stand behind them.

    Just some suggestions. I would like to see everyone at Couples have a great time. Wouldn't that be nice?

    See you at the beach!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

  20. #95

    Default

    Where are these free cigar coupons of which you speak? 5 times at CN and I have never heard of this. We have encountered drunken, rude, people during our several visits. My wife and I refer to them as "obliviots", or oblivious idiots. Not to sound to negative but I expect Couples to enforce this Code of Conduct in the same fashion that they enforce dress codes at the gourmet restaurants; little to not at all.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Oh sorry, I thought since this had turned into the one time on vacation complaint thread I would add them all in just to cover all the bases of the whiners in between here and the complaining reviews on TA. To complain about people being loud BEFORE dinner would be daylight hours. To complain people are being loud AFTER your dinner would be what, 9PM in the evening at the latest when they stop serving dinner? I do not think those are unreasonable hours to hear people having fun AKA noise to some. Yes some people like to go to bed early, but that does not mean the night owls cannot have fun, party & dance to live music, perhaps sing some karaoke, etc.. Yes it is called a couples resort and yes they advertise a "tranquil romantic time" but everyone has their idea of what that is along with their own ideas of moderation. As someone who lives a constant moderate real life to afford to go to Couples every few years, moderation is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the word vacation much less an AI vacation in Jamaica. I do not think saying "all partiers should go to Hedo or other lesser resorts" is the answer either and reeks of elitist classism. The idea that Couples is now so much cheaper in price and attracts a more boisterous or lower class of people versus years past is also a joke as well and backs up the very judgmental views some seem to have here.

    When brides dream of 'their special day' somehow I donít think the word moderation pops into their heads at all lol. I think people need to remember that a lot of folks are coming here to get married. Lets all close our eyes and think back on weddings we have attended shall we......For the most part after the wedding people let loose and really party with their guests and yes I expect some of it to be loud, that's life. Some people go to Couples to meet up with others and are large groups. Do I think they will all be quiet constantly =no. Do I think a place that serves AI alcohol or the other free things I listed above is really encouraging quiet/smoke free behavior=no. Do I think a AI resort in Jamaica with hundreds of guests will have a few loud drunks or what some see as intolerable smoking bad apples=yes! Thatís' why I suggest people do better research in picking a country/resort instead of complaining the entire time while in Jamaica a country well know for it's party vibe. Personally I find this more of a vacation downer & annoying than the people they are offended by and FYI I am a reclusive chimney smoking non-drinker just looking to party with my hubbylol! To expect to never be inconvenienced/see something you donít like/hear something you donít like/smell things you donít like is an unrealistic goal whether it be while on vacation in Jamaica or in real everyday life. Lighten up people, try some tolerance it goes a long way in finding happiness no matter where you are.
    oh ps-at CSS in 2011 either at check in or in the room was a coupon for 1 free cigar from the smoke shop

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Well said Christy, I agree 100%

  23. #98

    Default

    This will be our first trip to CSA as well as Jamaica. Reading all the posts has given me pause. Do I have to worry if I laugh too loud at the swim up bar if I'll be given the evil eye at dinner? I read the post about some people should go to Hedonism if they want to party really? No matter where you go on vacation there are going to be people who are offended by what you do, say, dress and how much you consume. We are not party animals but we do like to let loose a bit on vacation. Do we get obnoxious NO. Do we like to laugh and have fun YES. Will our idea of letting loose offend some folks at CSA, sounds like it will. I sure hope we didn't make a mistake by choosing this resort to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristyCSA View Post

    When brides dream of 'their special day' somehow I donít think the word moderation pops into their heads at all lol. I think people need to remember that a lot of folks are coming here to get married. Lets all close our eyes and think back on weddings we have attended shall we......For the most part after the wedding people let loose and really party with their guests and yes I expect some of it to be loud, that's life. Some people go to Couples to meet up with others and are large groups. Do I think they will all be quiet constantly =no. Do I think a place that serves AI alcohol or the other free things I listed above is really encouraging quiet/smoke free behavior=no. Do I think a AI resort in Jamaica with hundreds of guests will have a few loud drunks or what some see as intolerable smoking bad apples=yes! Thatís' why I suggest people do better research in picking a country/resort instead of complaining the entire time while in Jamaica a country well know for it's party vibe. Personally I find this more of a vacation downer & annoying than the people they are offended by and FYI I am a reclusive chimney smoking non-drinker just looking to party with my hubbylol! To expect to never be inconvenienced/see something you donít like/hear something you donít like/smell things you donít like is an unrealistic goal whether it be while on vacation in Jamaica or in real everyday life. Lighten up people, try some tolerance it goes a long way in finding happiness no matter where you are.
    oh ps-at CSS in 2011 either at check in or in the room was a coupon for 1 free cigar from the smoke shop
    All guests are paying to be there and IMO a wedding party should not be entitled to any special behavior if it adversely affects other. The reality is that there are often SEVERAL weddings each day at Couples resorts. Should other guests simply tolerate bad behavior because of that?

    We have rarely has issues at Couples resorts over more than 20 years of enjoying their properties. We have seen loud and rude behavior at a fair number of AI resorts however and it is generally directly related to guests being overserved. That is the main issue that should be under the control of management IMO.

    All guests should be able to enjoy their vacation and where are posted Codes of Conduct, the resort needs to enforce them for the enjoyment of everyone. The bad behavior of a few can go a long way in creating issues IMO, when left unchecked.

  25. #100

    Default

    I totally agree with ChristyCSA (in fact you picked some of the words right out of my brain). I have been reading this thread and many of the replies and for some reason I feel like I am at Kellermans's before the "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" line. Sure didn't think Kellerman's existed in Jamaica

    I preface this by saying I go on holidays to relax, have some drinks and regroup from the busy year. I am not a partier, however I like to have fun, if there is fun to be found.

    If those are the "Rules", before booking have people "agree to the code of conduct" before they pay a deposit. I doubt that would happen though because economic times are tough and although Couples does have very loyal repeat guests (and I understand why, CSA is great), management needs to fill up the remaining rooms with first timers/occasional visiters to stay at full bookings (this is a money business, afterall and the bottom line is critical). A "Code of Conduct" clause would definitely scare people off because no one goes to Jamaica for a stuffy resort, and sorry some of those "code of conduct" are just plain stuffy (will I get talked to if I accidently say a swear word? I'm not 6.). I doubt the "family friendly" resort next to CSA would have a list like that. And seriously, no matter where you are sometimes guests get a bit loud and a bit rowdy (and Couples is no where near the "free livin'" resorts down the way), however it is management's responsibility to intervene when needed - not guests to self police. I did not pay thousands to come and intervene if people are getting out of hand.

    On the drinking, if you really dislike eccessive drinking, go to a fancy-schmancy hotel where nothing is included in the price and pay $8-12+ dollars a drink, $15-20 for breakfast, $20-30 for lunch and $30+++ for dinner. Per person.

    However, if the Code of Conduct must stay, it is essential to add:

    - All guests using the swimup bar must exit the pool once/per hour and use the bathroom facilities.

    I think this is the MOST important rule of all. You are in Jamaica, relax, have fun, don't sweat the small stuff.

    PG

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •