Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    This will be our first trip to CSA as well as Jamaica. Reading all the posts has given me pause. Do I have to worry if I laugh too loud at the swim up bar if I'll be given the evil eye at dinner?
    Don't fall down that same slippery-slope from earlier!

For the most part - picking the right Couples resort will solve most of the issues I'm reading on this board.

My wife and I have been to all the Couples resorts - got engaged in Negril in 1999, renewed our vows at San Souci in 2010 and had lots of trips in between and will be returning in October.

In all those trips we have yet to encounter anyone that was just over the top rude or obnoxious - don't get me wrong - I know it happens but for those that might have doubts - these really do seem to be the exceptions.

If you want privacy, peace and quiet and a relaxing vacation - pick San Souci or Swept away - They are so big even if you encounter people that you feel are being rude - you can always find a quieter place to escape to. At San Souci - ask for a room in D, E or F blocks as they tend to be quieter than A - which is right next to the pool / beach.

If you want to party and socialize - Tower Island or Negril is a better choice because they are both more compact and tend to have more of a night life / party scene.

If you are getting married / renewing your vows @ San Souci and are really worried about others spoiling things for you - then pick the gazebo wedding as they will rope off the entire area for you and your guests and you will not hear the chatter coming from the beach / main pool area. No, it's not the beach wedding you might have dreamed of, but it's definitely quieter and you can always venture to the beach to take pictures etc...

You might be wondering now - with this in mind - just where are you staying in October?

4 days at Tower Island - 6 days at San Souci! That's the perfect vacation in our minds because we will get the best of both worlds...

Most importantly - the staff is dependent upon YOU to tell them when you see a problem / violation - in their minds - if No-one is complaining then they will leave things alone as they want people to have a good time and come back. It's a resort, not a police state...

I have read this thread pre and post trip - 5th tirp to CN. I will say that this was my first trip where we witnessed two people being carried to their room - that said each was part of a larger wedding party and quite sure one of the two had very little drinking "experience" and the alcohol and heat soon did her in. I have witnessed an increasing number of large groups; understand everyone has their vacation preference but I will go on a limb and say the alcohol over-serving may need to be an education point. The last 2 trips were definitely more a large group environment which isn't for us but we always find our place. OH - this is my complaint - if you come to CN and want to listen to Bob Seeger over and over on the beach PLEASE DON'T drown out the pool bar reggae irie music mon - use an I pod and respect. All is still ir ie

If you are a new or repeating guest with reservations about Couple because of this thread.... RELAX. This thread is freakin ridiculous. We're neither grumpy "got to have it my way" types, nor are we complete idiots when we get drunk. This thread needs to die. The "moral majority" is way off base, as are the people that think "you have to party hard because you're on vacation". Can't people just chill and have a good time? Nobody should need babysitters, nor hall monitors. This isn't a freakin day care, it's a resort in beautiful Western Jamaica. Stop acting like you're all "irie", when you have no idea what that means. Be respectful and keep your heated opinions to yourself. Randymon, just dump this racket. It doesn't help anybody. No worries, people.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    If you are a new or repeating guest with reservations about Couple because of this thread.... RELAX. This thread is freakin ridiculous. We're neither grumpy "got to have it my way" types, nor are we complete idiots when we get drunk. This thread needs to die. The "moral majority" is way off base, as are the people that think "you have to party hard because you're on vacation". Can't people just chill and have a good time? Nobody should need babysitters, nor hall monitors. This isn't a freakin day care, it's a resort in beautiful Western Jamaica. Stop acting like you're all "irie", when you have no idea what that means. Be respectful and keep your heated opinions to yourself. Randymon, just dump this racket. It doesn't help anybody. No worries, people.
    Nice.

Agreed, put this dog down.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Yes, I agree it is time to close this conversation.

Short of making everyone sign a code of conduct waiver upon check-in, we truly hope that the few guests who don't care or understand what the Couples' brand represents - at the very least - show some respect for those who do.

Couples Resorts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5