Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Couples Resorts Code of Conduct.

Greetings to all:

Regarding your expected behavior while vacationing at our resorts:

CODE OF CONDUCT:

Couples Resorts positions itself as a very romantic destination where couples can reignite the spark that first brought you together. Our registered “tagline” is Tranquil Days. Intimate Nights. Romantic Always.® To ensure that management and staff is able to provide you with the romantic experience you expect from Couples Resorts, we ask all guests to follow a few simple conduct guidelines.

Respect, Mon! Maturity, Mon. Relax, Mon. Love, Mon.

o No Tipping to any staff member on property. The only exception is a voluntary gratuity for services rendered in the Spa.
    o Please respect your fellow guests by refraining from using foul or obscene language
    o There is no reason to shout
    o No rough play or fighting
    o No glass containers in or around any pool or Jacuzzi
    o Loud music – whether on the beach, near a pool or in your room – is prohibited
    o No smoking in any restaurant, except where officially designated as a smoking area.
    o No inappropriate gestures (mooning, flashing, etc)
    o No nudity outside designated areas
    o Ganja, Marijuana, Pot, Weed: Not matter what you call it... Do not smoke it or take any other illegal drugs while on property
    o And, what seems to be the root of most of the problems, moderate your alcohol content please. We know it is included, but it should not be viewed as a contest to see who can drink the most...

Please note that management reserves the right to remove from the resort any guest who is unwilling or unable to accept the above guidelines. In such case, there will be no refund or compensation of any nature.

We certainly want everyone to enjoy your stay with us. We do not feel the above guidelines are unreasonable nor will abiding by them cause your vacation to be less enjoyable. Your cooperation is both anticipated and appreciated.

Pass this along...
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; March 26th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Couples Resorts

Sounds reasonable, again.

It seems a shame that you have to make these regular announcements so that the "adults" know just what is expected of adults when on vacation, and that their behavior on the resort will affect the experience and the enjoyment of those around them, either positively or negatively. We appreciate your constant efforts to hold down the roof and keep things respectful. Reminder to all: a good time can be had without acting the fool. If you are with someone that is on the verge of becoming said fool, a gentle reminder of their impending leap off the cliff of civility can go a long way to pulling them back from the brink. Let's look out for each other and keep Couples a desirable and fun destination for all.

Thanks again Randy.

Respect to all. See you at the beach!

I expect that a precious few guests have caused issues to the point that this is needed, sad, very sad.

Thanks Randy. It's always about respect.

We know it is included, but it should not be viewed as a contest to see who can drink the most...

Wooo-Hoooo !!

Thanks.

That should put this to bed.

Thank you for keeping our favorite destination a beautiful, classy, experience.

Thank you Randymon!
    Karon

This will be our 1st time to Jamiaca, and CTI, and we greatly appreciate the Resort stating this 'code of conduct'. We (personally) don't respect disrepectful vacationers, and are very glad to read this has been 'written', as a reminder I suppose, that there is fun and relaxation, and then there are 'partiers'. Just because it is a vacation, does not mean, "screw you all, I will do and act the way I want". First-timers or 'repeaters'.
    Thank You, Randymon!!!

Very well stated Randymon, hoping all will abide!

Amen and thank you for posting!!!

THANK YOU Randymon,just too bad it was needed

Thank you, Randymon! We returned from CN yesterday from a 10 day stay and, of our three times at the resort, we feel there were rowdier individuals than we've seen in the past. Earphones were necessary to block out the shouting. We hope during our next stay, people will abide by the rules. Thanks again for posting the reminder!

Does the line "Loud music – whether on the beach, near a pool or in your room – is prohibited" also include resort activities? Last time we were at CN an amp and speaker were brought to the center of the beach for limbo and dance lessons. We go to Couples to have a nice, quiet, relaxing time on the beach. If I want loud music on the beach I'll go to Mexico. Thanks.

It's about respect. Respect for the other guests and respect of the wonderful staff. It's a shame that at times, they are put in the position of having to deal with some the "behavior" of some guests who act like "kids in a candy store" when there is unlimited free alcohol. I guess it's my age, but the thought of ruining a wonderful vacation with my hubby by drinking to the point of major hangover the next day, just isn't worth it my eyes. To each their own, but remember, we all paid a great deal of money to get there to enjoy each others' company.
    Vicky

Thank You for putting that reminder out there Randymon ..... Appreciate it. Just hope that those that are the problem can see that. A complaint my husband & I have at CN is with the people in the main pool hot tubs in the evenings .... We go in to get ready for dinner & they are there being loud but it's late afternoon so ignore it .... We come out to watch the sunset & have a before dinner drink & they are there being louder & we still ignore it figuring they will go in soon to get cleaned up for dinner ..... We go into have dinner & come out & the same group is still there getting even louder & they may still be there come time that we head back to our room for bed at 9:00 or 10:00 ..... It's a real distraction when dinner is set up around the pool. Of course, it's not always the same group from night to night or from trip to trip ..... I just wish that there could be a period around, let's say 6:00pm to 10pm, when the main pool & hot tubs were closed ..... It sure distracts for a romantic dinner & evening with a bunch of loud people in their swimming attire are right in the middle of things. Just my opinion ......
    Julie

Reminder to all: a good time can be had without acting the fool. If you are with someone that is on the verge of becoming said fool, a gentle reminder of their impending leap off the cliff of civility can go a long way to pulling them back from the brink.

From personal experience, I will suggest that perhaps karaoke permits a certain amount of foolishness (it seems to be even encouraged). Certainly remain respectful, don't do anything inappropriate, but a little harmless foolery can result in some fun.
    Last edited by Bert; March 18th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

Where is this 'CODE OF CONDUCT' going to be displayed??

The majority of guests staying at Couples resorts do not read the message boards - this needs to be displayed at each resort & management to enforce it.

Because only a fraction of guests who visit the resorts visit the message board, I would like to suggest that the Code of Conduct be part of the registration paperwork when guests arrive at the resort. Everyone should sign the code, stating that they have read and understand the rules. At the very least, the Code of Conduct should be included as part of the letter guests receive from the general manager of each resort as they arrive.

I agree, IT IS about respect. I believe that these people feel a sense of entitlement ! They must adhere to rules of the resort, however the staff must enforce the rules. For them to have an effect. I understand that it is difficult to approach a guest who is out of control, but it must be the responsibility of upper management to make sure these rules are adhered to. CTI in 26 days!

It's all good with us. We are scheduled to return in 2014....start the countdown.

Couples should always try to distance itself from the "Spring Break" mentality of the drunken disruptive few. There are very few rules at Couples and they are so simple to understand and comply with that no one has an excuse to be abusive and disruptive toward other guests. It is important for the Couples staff to ask people to follow these rules and not to ignore them in the hope people eventually stop their bad behavior on their own. For every disruptive guest that is allowed to continue being that way there are several other guests who will not come back to Couples again if they perceive that behavior to be tolerated and ignored by the staff. Even simple things like ignoring violations of the restaurant dress codes reflect poorly on the resort. How hard is it for men to pack one collared shirt, one pair of slacks, and a pair of shoes to wear to the finer restaurants? The rules are there for everyone to follow and benefit from. This is a RESORT and not a Robinson Crusoe beach castaway reality show. Respect your fellow guests, the staff, and yes...yourself!

Randymon... Have any of the resorts had to make people leave the properties?

Default Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    I agree, IT IS about respect. I believe that these people feel a sense of entitlement ! They must adhere to rules of the resort, however the staff must enforce the rules. For them to have an effect. I understand that it is difficult to approach a guest who is out of control, but it must be the responsibility of upper management to make sure these rules are adhered to. CTI in 26 days!
    My big peeve is with the main bar at CSA. The pool bar closes at 6 p.m., but drunks continue to drink in the pool hot tubs. As the pool bar is closed, they slosh up to the main bar in their wet bathing suits to get more drinks, while we are dressed for a nice dinner and having a pre-dinner drink. Totally destroys the ambience, not to mention the danger caused by wet floors around the bar. We have also been bothered by drunks in the new section hot tub at 2 a.m. We have called security, but it is very difficult for them to stop drunken behavior.

My tagline says it all... it is wisdom from Bob, and I've been passing it on here for years...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

If you don't want people to drink to much do what other bars are supposed to do and cut people off. Let the bartender decide if someone has had to much. This will not happen though because people aren't driving and I have seen bartenders egg them on. I have been to Couples several times and have very rarely seen people act out of hand. Plus at 58 I don't feel I need to sign a code of conduct like a 12 year old. You are always going to have jerks. I am sure you see them everyday at home so you can't expect much difference there. There are people there who want to drink all day, to them that is vacation. I have been to many other resorts in Jamaica and it also happens there. If you notice there isn't much response to this thread and it has been up for 2 days. It must not be that big of a problem or more people would have commented.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast