Default Still fun without going AN?

We're noobs going to CSS in May to celebrate our 10th anniversary! So excited- especially after reading your posts!

I have been lurking on the AN board and although I'm willing to try (after a couple of cocktails- ha ha!), there is no way my husband would. He's a stubborn guy! So unless I can "swap" with a shy woman for a while (no hanky panky- not into that! Prolly against the rules anyway), I'm guessing I'll be on the textile side. I'm okay with that. I know my hubby would do the same for me if the tables were turned.

For those of you who stay clothed, is couples still an awesome experience? I see so much chatter about being naked and a lot of chatter about "try it, you'll like it" but it seems like the clothed folks are a little quieter around here. Maybe it's just that the naked group is more outgoing.

I wouldn't dream of going naked so yes!! Trip #6 to couples is in 27 days!

Although we haven't experienced the textile side ourselves, we had some friends that met up with us there last year that did stay on the textile side, and they had a really great time. They did dinner and the evening festivities with our group that spends the day at SSB, but couldn't be convinced to join us there during the day. No matter, they were having just as good a time, only different. No worries, you will have a great vacation either way.

There are lots of couples who have a great time not going AN... I'm just not one of them. LOL. See if you can squeeze 30 minutes of time out of him to spend with you on the naked side. If he doesn't like it just leave. If he likes it (I already know you will) you will spend no time on the textile side. You are right the naked group is more outgoing and also non-judgmental. Go the first day. your going to love it!!! Good luck and have fun!

We are going back and forth on trying it. I figure we will try it on the first day, I will just order a few mimosas for breakfast.

This is kind of a weird question, but when do you take off your clothes? on the beach? Or before?

Softail we will be at CTI on the 13-20

We experienced both at CSS. We were psyched to try the AN beach but aren't really "joiners" so to speak. We are friendly but are in a long distance relationship and guard our precious vacation time together. We enjoyed some aspects of the AN beach but weren't really drawn to return each day. Disclaimer - there was one guy there that made us uncomfortable on day 1, no sunglasses and no shame on staring... odd guy. So that may have impacted our impression. That said there were some very nice people over there that we enjoyed speaking with when we saw them around the resort.

We spent the majority of our time on the textile side and we had an amazing trip. It was just the right mix of fun and romance. CSS really does it right! You will have an amazing trip no matter which beach you spend your days on. Perhaps you could meet in the middle? Maybe an evening dip in the AN pool when you are likely to have it to yourselves? We did that after dinner and drinks one night. Could be less ominious for your husband.

Funny tidbit.... My significant other said that one of the reasons he wasn't totally sold on the AN beach was that he felt like he couldn't run up and get a drink. (We are beach people and don't really want to sit at the pool.) I was surprised and said "well of course you can get a drink? why wouldn't you?" To which he explained that when he stands at the sunken in bar on SSB, he is the perfect height that his "man parts" are at perfect eye level with the clothed female bartender. He says he felt "disrespectful with his stuff in her face while she made him a drink." I figure she has seen it all before but it was something I never considered being a short female... lol

We always have a great time on textile beach, wife does go topless but we do not visit AN beach, actually a few times at CN she layed out on the main beach topless and I on the AN beach just next to each other wirh rhe imaginery line seperating us LOL, you and your spouse will create your great time together not what you wear or do not wear.

I disagree with the idea that the clothed folks are a little quieter. We have an awesome time. There really isn't a big deal made about going to the AN side or not. No one judges. There is not any big talk about it. You just do what you want to do. No worries mon.

Quote Originally Posted by tlf001 View Post
    . . . For those of you who stay clothed, is couples still an awesome experience? I see so much chatter about being naked and a lot of chatter about "try it, you'll like it" but it seems like the clothed folks are a little quieter around here. Maybe it's just that the naked group is more outgoing.
    Only a minority of guests choose to make use of the au naturel facilities. CSA is the most popular of the four Jamaica resorts, and it has no a/n option.

We've been to all four of the Jamaican Couples Resorts for a total of 19 trips. Sometimes we visit the a/n beach, and sometimes we don't. Although some guests really enjoy it, we can take it or leave it. It wasn't a life-changing experience for us, and I don't think you have to visit the a/n beach to fully enjoy the resort.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We've been to both CTI and CSS and have done AN at both. While we enjoy it, we feel the same way that Pamela said she does...we could take it or leave it. Some days we do AN, some days we stay on the textile beach. We never felt that either one was more fun than the other. We've met couples at both resorts that never do AN and they had a blast. You will be fine and have a fabulous time, regardless of going AN or not!

Woodbridgeata, won't be long now

CSS is a great place to try the a/n area.

We have been to many resorts in Jamaica and elsewhere and sometimes we do a/n and sometimes we do not.

I agree that you do seem to make friends easier at the a/n area but we always enjoy ourselves regardless of going a/n or not.

I have not been there myself, only to CN but I would bet my trip to CTI in April on the fact that all the Couples resorts are primarily textile and not A/N guests. So by that fact alone there would be just as much or more fun on the clothed side of things!

Thanks for the responses. Maybe if I feed him plenty of Red Stripe, he'll get brave. For me, it's one of those things you have to put on your bucket list.

Either way, I'm glad we'll have fun!

We are heading back to Jamaica this year for trip #12 (#9 to a Couples resort - 1X CSA/1X CSS/#7 for CN) & we never do the AN thing .... Never really see what the fuss is about & have no interest in it at all but sure don't care that others enjoy it. We have a GREAT time everytime with our suits on & I'd say that the majority of those at the resorts never go to the AN beach .... The same stuff & lots more goes on at the textile beach so always things to do & lots of people to meet. BTW: You can always go topless on the textile beach if your hubby doesn't mind .... That's kinda splitting the difference.
    Julie

We've been to Couples 78 times(mostly to CTI) and we have never had the desire to go AN. For those who do, enjoy. For those who don't, like us , enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tlf001 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Maybe if I feed him plenty of Red Stripe, he'll get brave. For me, it's one of those things you have to put on your bucket list.

Either way, I'm glad we'll have fun!
    I wouldn't give up on it just yet. There's lots of room over at CSS so if he's bashful, he can set it up so very few people can see him. You could get the drinks - he'd have to hold it for the bathroom though...

Go for a sunset view, dressesd, and show him how big the beach is and how far apart you can sit and perhaps that will ease the concern.

But even if you don't go AN, you won't be disappointed in CSS.

Never have, never will, but still go back to CTI each year.

So, at CSS I can go topless on the regular beach? I wasn't sure if I could or not...we've never been to an A/N beach and maybe going topless will be a way to ease myself into going all in

Quote Originally Posted by JennC View Post
    We are going back and forth on trying it. I figure we will try it on the first day, I will just order a few mimosas for breakfast.

This is kind of a weird question, but when do you take off your clothes? on the beach? Or before?
    Not a weird question at all, in fact a common one. You take them off when you get you to your lounger and get settled in. If you have any more concerns post your questions in the AU NATUREL section. Enjoy!

We just got back from CSS this past Saturday. I tried to get hubby on the A/N beach. No way. And yes, we had discussed it prior to our trip. He wasn't changing his mind. So textile the entire trip and we still had a blast. I have never gone A/N but was willing to try. Not hubby. Not even for a few minutes. But we did walk past the entrance when we were walking the path around the pond. I've gone topless at CN before. I didn't at CSS because no one else was. That kinda surprised me that NO ONE was topless. Figured there would be at least a few. I didn't want to be the only one so skipped. I can do either... doesn't really matter to me.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lsm1212 View Post
    We just got back from CSS this past Saturday. I tried to get hubby on the A/N beach. No way. And yes, we had discussed it prior to our trip. He wasn't changing his mind. So textile the entire trip and we still had a blast. I have never gone A/N but was willing to try. Not hubby. Not even for a few minutes. But we did walk past the entrance when we were walking the path around the pond. I've gone topless at CN before. I didn't at CSS because no one else was. That kinda surprised me that NO ONE was topless. Figured there would be at least a few. I didn't want to be the only one so skipped. I can do either... doesn't really matter to me.

There will be topless July 22nd to August 1st, whether she is the only one or if there are others but my wife Spike will be certainly topless!!!!! Really have never seen her any other way on a beach outside once or twice at Jersey shore, but even has spots there that she goes topless, so if anyone is looking to try it during that time you will not be alone