Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Private Dinner @ CSA, Ivan's, or The Caves?

Hello! First time to Jamaica/CSA. We are going for my husband's 40th Birthday. I want to surprise him with a romantic private dinner on his birthday. I have read that the private beach dinner is awesome at CSA but I worry about the sand flies. Someone suggested Ivan's Bar's 100 Candles Dinner which looks wonderful. But then there is a third choice of The Cave's and that sounds very romantic as well. Sometimes many choices is a bad thing especially someone as indecisive as me. Took me 2 weeks just to decide on a room category LOL! What would you suggest? Thanks guys. This message board has been the most helpful thing!

I have the most recent Dinner on the beach menus, I am happy to send them to you if that will help you. I'm taking my BF for his 50th in June. Have you thought of swimming with the dolphins or taking one of the other day trips?

Let me know if this helps and have a great time!

Everyone should venture off the reservation at least once and head up to the cliffs. It's a whole different vibe from the beach. Ivan's for the 100 Candles is our choice but you need to reserve it ahead of time. It's not something you can just pop in and do. The jerk pasta is awesome! They'll pick you up for free as well but the ride back will cost you about $10 pp.
    Xtabi would be our second choice.
    We've been tempted to use our vouchers in the past for the dinner on the beach but we always end up using those for the spa.

By far my favorite restaurant in the world is up on the Cliffs in Negril. Rockhouse. Ask for a table overlooking the water. Order the lobster thermadore. Amazing and very romantic.

We did the dinner on the beach at CSA at the end of January.........no fleas, flies or bugs of any kind. Very enjoyable.

If your going to spend the extra money I would definitely go someplace on the cliffs. I'd probably choose the 100 candle dinner at Ivans over the Cave dinner at The Caves. The Cave dinner is a very unique experience but I feel for the $$ they would probably charge a non guest...not worth it. Food nothing special. Never did the 100 candle dinner at Ivans but have had many meals there, and never was disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by withadash View Post
    I have the most recent Dinner on the beach menus, I am happy to send them to you if that will help you. I'm taking my BF for his 50th in June. Have you thought of swimming with the dolphins or taking one of the other day trips?

Let me know if this helps and have a great time!
    Hi withadash! I would love a copy of the Dinner Beach Menus. My email is gz3436yahoo.com

We actually swam with dolphins this past year in Florida. It was out in the open ocean though so it wasn't too up close and personal like being able to touch them for any amount of time. I am interested in doing it again if we can spend more "quality" time with the dolphins We have thought about going to Dunn's Falls but do not really want to travel for that long to get there. Would love to do a couple of things though in one day around Negril. What would you suggest and would you hire a private driver so you are on your own time? Thank you so much!

We always head to the cliffs for dinner at least once. Rockhouse used to be our favorite but last couple of dinners disappointed. We go to Ivan's now and have not deon the 100 Candles dinner. We request a table by the water and it is lovely! Highly recommend Ivans. Pushcart at RockHouse is good as well as the main restaurant, just not as good as it has been in years past - and I have been going for MANY years now.

Quote Originally Posted by jls8756 View Post
    By far my favorite restaurant in the world is up on the Cliffs in Negril. Rockhouse. Ask for a table overlooking the water. Order the lobster thermadore. Amazing and very romantic.
    I second the Rockhouse.....go at sunset.....fantastic view....great view & service.......and they will pick you up at Couples.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I would opt for Ivan's. Being on the cliffs at sunset is truly breathtaking and if you call ahead to reserve, your table with be overlooking the water!

[/url]

We have been to all of the above, stayed at CFS, and TP on the cliffs.... would highly recommend the Rockhouse

Bump...

Does anyone have an email address to make dinner reservations at Ivan's Bar & Restaurant? Or is it the same email for the hotel?

Catchafallingstar2@gmail.com is the email I used and got a reply from within 24hrs.

Definitely go to the cliffs IMO! Ivan's or Rockhouse would be my choice. Make a reservation just before sunset and ask for a table overlooking the water and they will come pick you up for free. You pay taxi fare when you come back, they will get you a taxi. Just be sure to agree on the taxi fare back before you get in the cab. If you happen to choose Rockhouse over Ivan's for a nice dinner (rather than Ivan's) I prefer Rockhouse Restaurant to their newer Pushcart at Rockhouse for the more upscale menu choices. We tend to arrange pickup while it is still light enough to look around the resort a bit before dinner and then dine during sunset.

No question that the onsite Private Dinners are nice, but the food served can usually be had (or something very similar) in one or more of the resort restaurants for no extra cost. The view from the spot where your dinner would be is a view you can have any evening you choose to stroll by there while at the resort. It's good to get away for an evening. For my wife and I it adds to our experience in a good way.
    Have fun!
    Roy in VA

I vote Ivan's too. After my husband and I got married at CSA (and spent 7 amazing days there) we went to Catcha for a few nights to experience the cliffs. We ate at Ivan's twice....as stated above the jerk pasta was TO DIE FOR. The restaurant is beautiful and such a romantic spot. You will not be disappointed!

We did the Night of 100 Candles at Ivan's & it was FANTASTIC !!! We also did the Treehouse at CN and loved that. But the view at Ivan's is breath-taking !!!
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Thanks justbeachy! We made out dinner reservation for our anniversary next Friday

We used to always go to Rockhouse, for years. Then we went to Pushcart. Now we always book dinner at Ivan's one night and then either Pushcart or Rockhouse if we go out a second time.

I will always choose to go to the cliffs rather than spend the money on a private beach dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    We used to always go to Rockhouse, for years. Then we went to Pushcart. Now we always book dinner at Ivan's one night and then either Pushcart or Rockhouse if we go out a second time.

I will always choose to go to the cliffs rather than spend the money on a private beach dinner.
    What is the difference between Pushcart & Rockhouse.?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

What does night of 100 candles cost? And what does the menu look like? I've looked at catcha's website but can't fin any info.

Thanks

Inthesun: here's a copy of the email they sent me that has the menu and the price.
    ------------

Hello,
    We would love to book you at Ivan's for our 100 candle dinner, the cost for 2 people is 175 include taxes please see the Menu listed below.

I will need to know what time you would like to dine and if you need a pick up we would need the time.

Andrea

Bottle of Champagne

Soup of the Day

Pineapple Salad

Appetizer Platter for 2

Jerk Shrimp– Crab Cakes—Bamboo Chicken

Choose one of the following:-

Shrimp in Garlic Wine

Jerk chicken Penne Pasta

Seafood Pasta

Mango Chicken

Chicken in pineapple sauce

Snapper in a l’Orange

Or choose any chicken fish or shrimp from the main Menu.

(For Lobster in season or Tenderloin add Usd20 per person)

Dessert

Frozen Cheesecake or Banana Flambe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    What is the difference between Pushcart & Rockhouse.?
    Rockhouse is the main/original restaurant at the resort. Puschart was added a few years ago and is a bit less expensive with a different menu. No views to speak of at Pushcart and they have had live music the last few times we had dinner there.

I’ve been emailing Ivan’s and it’s going to cost $240 for the 100 Candles Dinner. First, they said:

“The cost is Usd$175 for 2 people unless you are adding lobster then there's an additional $20 charge per person.” and “(For Lobster in season or Tenderloin add Usd20 per person)”

So for lobster or steak, it’s $215. Then, there’s not really a free pickup. They also said:

“A one way complimentary pick up is offered and we ask that you give the same driver an opportunity to take you back the fee to go back to Couples is about $20-25 for 2 people “

So, with their “free pickup”, steak or lobster, and $25 taxi home, it will cost $240.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We celebrated our 30th anniversary last October in Jamaica, we spent 3 days at Catcha and 10 days at Swept Away. I surprised my wife with the 100 candle dinner at Ivan's and according to my wife it was the most romantic thing I have ever done for her. To this day she tells all her girlfriends about it! My vote is for Ivan's, I have a contact down there if you want to PM me, I can give you more details.

After reading Wallys post I"m going to amend my recommendation.. Unless money is no object just reserve one of the cliff side tables at Ivans. Any cliffside table is a special experience, especially since you've never been to the cliffs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast