Hybrid View

Default Anyone done private dinners at both CTI & CSS?

Hi everyone

My husband and I have a split CTI/CSS stay booked for April and are considering a private dinner. Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of having a private dinner at both CTI and CSS and if so, which one you preferred and why?

As always, thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    K
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hi everyone

My husband and I have a split CTI/CSS stay booked for April and are considering a private dinner. Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of having a private dinner at both CTI and CSS and if so, which one you preferred and why?

As always, thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    K
    We were at CTI in February 2012 and had a private dinner on the island. Ambiance, food and service was exceptional. We were served 5 courses with the entree being steak and lobster cooked over an open grill. Best steak I have ever had and I live in cattle country.
    We were at CSS in February this year and had a private dinner in the wedding gazebo. At CSS we were able to pick each course from several selections. I had steak n lobster, hubby had rack of lamb. Food, service and ambiance was great. However handsdown CTI was the best just for the fact it was a private dinner on an island, I believe the cost for both was $170.00; we were able to use our resort credits.

CTI dinner on the beach is $170 but dinner on the island is $240 (IIRC).

I haven't done it at CSS, but the hubby and I did the private island dinner at CTI this past December. I was sick as a dog but still had a fantastic time. I highly recommend it. We were the only ones on the island and it was so peaceful. The food was great, the service was top-notch, and the view was amazing (tons of stars).

We have done private dinners at CTI - both on the beach and on the island. We have also done a private dinner on Sunset Beach at CSS. All of them were perfectly lovely. Food and personal service at all three were exceptional, and well worth the cost. Some people will say "it's the same food as the restaurants" but there is just something special about having a table all to yourselves in a private setting, either on the beach or the Island or a gazebo.

I would have to say my favorite was the dinner on Sunset Beach. It was so romantic and intimate, and I really enjoyed the private setting - there's nothing going on over at Sunset Beach at that time of night, once all the sunset viewers are gone, so it was just us, our waiter and our chef. At the end of the dinner, we got to light one of the Chinese floating lanterns and watch it sail away over the Caribbean. It was absolutely beautiful and one of my best Couples memories, as well as one of my favorite Anniversary memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    We have done private dinners at CTI - both on the beach and on the island. We have also done a private dinner on Sunset Beach at CSS. All of them were perfectly lovely. Food and personal service at all three were exceptional, and well worth the cost. Some people will say "it's the same food as the restaurants" but there is just something special about having a table all to yourselves in a private setting, either on the beach or the Island or a gazebo.

I would have to say my favorite was the dinner on Sunset Beach. It was so romantic and intimate, and I really enjoyed the private setting - there's nothing going on over at Sunset Beach at that time of night, once all the sunset viewers are gone, so it was just us, our waiter and our chef. At the end of the dinner, we got to light one of the Chinese floating lanterns and watch it sail away over the Caribbean. It was absolutely beautiful and one of my best Couples memories, as well as one of my favorite Anniversary memories.

Thank you so much for the infor. How did you set up your private dinner on the beach? This is our 20th wedding annv and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the idea of being the only one on the beach and lighting the Chinese lantern. I have been trying to get some infor about the private dinner but am on Jamaican time and have been waiting for a long time. I would love to surprise my husband with a wonderful experience. Any infor would be great. thank you
    Mr&Mrs.Virgo

So.. I haven't done private dinners at either but I have a follow-up question. I'd love to spend resort credit on a private dinner on the island (CTI) this year. How far in advance do I need to reserve it? I know they only do up to 3 dinners on the island per night. If you reserve in advance, I'm assuming you'd have to pay ahead of time, and perhaps not be able to use the resort credit?

Has anyone waited until they were there to book the island dinner? I'm also going to be kind of picky about which night we do it (don't want to miss repeaters dinner, etc)...

Thanks in advance!

We did ours at CSS in the wedding gazebo. All I have to say is it was WAY worth the money. My wife and I now are going to make it an every year occurance. the food was on a whole different level from even the finest offerings at the restaurants. Every single course of the private dinner was our favorite course from our entire stay (10 days worth of meals).

sun Kissed,

We haven't been to CTI but I will tell you of our experience at CSS last fall. I had booked the private dinner for our anniversary at the wedding gazebo as I thought it would be more private than doing it on the beach. Alas, the weather didn't co operate and it was raining that night. The kitchen manager gave us the option to re book or have the dinner in our room. Since it was our anniversary, I reluctantly agreed to have it on the balcony in our room. I was so looking forward to just the two of us having our special night at the gazebo, but considering the weather, I relented and agreed.
    It was the best thing!!!!! Our waiter showed up and set up on the balcony while we waited inside. I have to say it was amazing. He had set up the table with flowers and candles, white linens, wine, etc. Here we were sitting on our own balcony, totally private, mother nature providing us with her light show, rain falling on the roof, looking out over the ocean, and total privacy... not to mention that the WC is only a few steps away. It had to be THE most romantic dinner we have ever had. Nobody walking by, not far from the john... our own private paradise.
    This October when we go, the private dinner will again be on our balcony. No gazebo, no beach. To me it's the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    It had to be THE most romantic dinner we have ever had. Nobody walking by, not far from the john...
    now THAT sounds like true romance!!!

We did the private dinner in January for my birthday. Used resort credit, booked the day after we arrived and it was fantastic. We are looking forward to doing it again in January 2014 when we return again. It was just us, the stars the food and great service. Very special evening.

Carol and Dave....

I would love to hear about preferences between a private dinner at CSS on sunset beach or in the wedding gazebo? We are headed there in two weeks!

Hi there! We just returned on the 16th and while we were there hubby surprised me (my 30th birthday) with a private dinner on SSB at CSS. Let me tell you I cried, I was surprised and it was sooooo romantic I can't put it in words. He got to chose prior what our dinners would be...I had a antipasti appetizer with smoked marlin (to my surprise) and I loved it! Salad was amazing, pumpkin soup I wanted to kick the bowl and a filet that was so tender I could have cut it with a fork, and dessert hubby ate half mine because he chose a fruit platter for himself (not big on sweets till he tried it!) the service was outstanding and to end our dinner we lit a wishing lantern and set it off into the sky. So beautiful and so awesome and so perfect!