Hybrid View

Default Question about CTI for those of you who have been

I have read several reviews about the sun going behind the building very early, around 3 or 4 pm. I was wondering if this is true in May? My husband and I are pool goers, not so much beach goers and want to make sure the sun will be out long enough during our visit and if the pool is warm or not.

The sun does go behind the building early...at least in April when we've been there. There are 2 pools and the main pool gets shade sooner than the one with the swim-up bar. Water temperatures at both pools are comfortable...not cold.

In October/November, the pool areas were shaded around 3-4. I just checked our photos from our vow renewal which was in August at 4:30 and half the beach was shaded, so I would think the pool would be shaded by 4 as well. Island stays in the sun though.

No worry's. By 3 or 4 pm you will welcome a little non-direct sun. After playing, eating and drinking all day a little shade at 3 pm is not a bad thing. It will help you the night life.
    Irie Mon

it gets dark early in Jamaica, not like Eastern US in the summer when it is not dark until 9:00 pm

Dark at 6:30 in Jamaica

We go in Sept or Oct and the pools are usually shaded by 4. We sit in the hottub for a little bit or take a quick nap if we are tired before getting ready for supper. The sun comes out early - we usually try to be out by 10 or 10:30 so by 4 we are ok with a break from the direct sun. The water is still warm though if you want to stay in the pools.

The sun is hot enough to be on the beach by 7 AM. There's plenty of hours of sunshimne.

Most importantly, there are no poolside canopies @ CTI correct? If that is the case, is there enough shade BEFORE 2-4pm by the pools for those of us who do not want to fry in the Carribean sun for 6 hours of the day? I know I asked this before but it still has my wife paranoid as I know it will ruin her trip (and by proxy, me) if she cannot get some shade by the pools.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlesley View Post
    Most importantly, there are no poolside canopies @ CTI correct? If that is the case, is there enough shade BEFORE 2-4pm by the pools for those of us who do not want to fry in the Carribean sun for 6 hours of the day? I know I asked this before but it still has my wife paranoid as I know it will ruin her trip (and by proxy, me) if she cannot get some shade by the pools.

Thanks all!
    We stayed at CTI in May last year. As said before it does get dark in Jamaica early. By 7pm usually. But, my Husband is not one who likes to lay out in the sun all day either. So dont worry when I say you can get shade at either pool or on the beach. The main pool has trees on one side which you can lay under and the same with the swim up pool bar. Most people dont lay under the shade so I wouldnt see a problem with being able to get a chair later in the day. But, if you wanted to still lay out there are spots on the beach on the swim up pool where you can get sun still.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsO19 View Post
    We stayed at CTI in May last year. As said before it does get dark in Jamaica early. By 7pm usually. But, my Husband is not one who likes to lay out in the sun all day either. So dont worry when I say you can get shade at either pool or on the beach. The main pool has trees on one side which you can lay under and the same with the swim up pool bar. Most people dont lay under the shade so I wouldnt see a problem with being able to get a chair later in the day. But, if you wanted to still lay out there are spots on the beach on the swim up pool where you can get sun still.
    Thanks so much for the reassurance! 19 more sleeps before we go home!