Default Swim trunks waistband rash

Usually after a few days at the beach, my husband develops a rash on his belly in the area of his swim trunks waistband. Last year, I brought some diaper rash cream as some had suggested and it did help with the discomfort. We would like to avoid it happening in the first place and are looking for suggestions. I thought this year we would pack 4 pairs of trunks. One for morning and one for afternoon and a dry set for the next day while the others dry. Would tucking in a swim shirt help? We're open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Nothing dries here so take about 5-6 swim trunks for your hubby. Put the ones you want to dry outside...a bit better than inside. Also turn his trunks inside out to dry. Tell him to dry off after removing suit. Use cornstarch baby powder afterwards. Yeah. Pretty much what you do for babies!

You don't indicate what resort you're going to but if it's one of the 3 that have AN beach area , your problem is solved. Much easier than packing so many suits.

Well, the obvious suggestion here is to avoid trunks completely - if you are going to CN, CTI or CSS, just stay on the A/N side.

I have seen this in Mexico and it was some kind of sea creature larve. I had it and it went away a few days after I got home. Sorry but no idea how to cure.

Simple, don't wear swin trunks.

I actually have the same problem with swim suits and any undergarment that has elastic (which most all do!). I am allergic to latex which includes the rubber used in the elastic around any waist or leg bands (including bras). You just have to make sure the elastic is completely covered. Even just a little showing will cause a very uncomfortable rash especially when hot and sweaty.

Again, I will reiterate my previous post. What has helped me was to go AN!!

I cut the mesh ou and wear tight fitting boxer briefs.

I often see people suggesting bringing several bathing suits because they don't dry in the rooms, but if the air conditioning is ON, our suits dry just fine. There is humidity everywhere, of course, as well as in the rooms, but the nature of air conditioners is to take the humidity out of the air and although it can't remove it all, if you hang the suits up inside you will find they dry in a timely manner. It's certainly better than putting them outside, IN the humidity. That's assuming that you HAVE air conditioning in your room! :-)

Have him visit a dermatologist. It's a fairly common condition that occurs with repeated/prolonged exposure to wet clothing/swimsuits. The dermatologist can order a prescription strength cortisone cream which will help a great deal.

If swim trunks are a must, I suggest applying a lubricant. Petroleum jelly is the cheapest option but I recommend coconut oil. Coconut oil will help with chafing, rash, burns (including healing and preventing sunburn) and much more.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Don't sit in wet swimwear.

There is an easy cure.... only wear your swim trunks to get to and from the AN beach... problem solved!!!!!

Bring some coconut oil...it has antibacterial qualities..and great for the skin..have him put on the coconut oil before he puts on his trunks. It will help...I had a rash on my hand and coconut oil healed it right up. But I do have to agree with the others...A/N is the best way to avoid it!

Default fix for swim trunks rash?

Quote Originally Posted by db View Post
    Simple, don't wear swin trunks.
    I like that one best however, if your not ready to go AN then perhaps you're hubby should try compression shirts under his trunks. My hubby wears them and he brings a clean set for every other day we are there. We go for two weeks and he brings 7 sets with him. This way nothing rubs together and the compression shorts holds things thighs as well. They are also very easy to dry out and wash out in your room with the air on.

Quote Originally Posted by atrue View Post
    Usually after a few days at the beach, my husband develops a rash on his belly in the area of his swim trunks waistband.
    I would recommend wearing board shorts. The waist band is more comfortable and less likely to give him a rash. Also, Vaseline works well to prevent chaffing of that sort, assuming that is what it was.

After going for a swim, just hit one of the outdoor showers and rinse off, then apply sunscreen and maybe (discretely) some of that baby ointment..... My SO had this problem one year, and we were able to take care of it by this process as well as making sure he had a clean dry suit for AM and PM. Hopefully this works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by surferkop View Post
    I would recommend wearing board shorts. The waist band is more comfortable and less likely to give him a rash. Also, Vaseline works well to prevent chaffing of that sort, assuming that is what it was.
    This, but I sub in Goldbond roll-on stuff for the Vaseline.

Just saw a segment on Dr. Oz. It's called "Swimmer's Itch" and it is from sea life, etc. They say to use a cortisone on it but at times it requires something stronger as a steroid.