Thread: I'm so EXCITED

Default I'm so EXCITED

We leave for Negril two months from tomorrow and I have been wanting to find a dress for a dinner at Otaheite....you know, something special for that night. We were in Myrtle Beach in April and I had found a nice sundress, but we hadn't decided where, or even if, we were going yet. We went back for our anniversary (yesterday 9/20, 18 years) and looked around. I have skirts, but they are just plain. I wanted something special....something that felt a little islandish....with some color. We looked and looked....found a sundress, but he didn't seem to like it(and it is CRITICAL that he like it too!) FINALLY, went into a shop and found a skirt and matching top that are colorful with reds, black and nice designs and tried it on. I liked it.....and he REALLY liked it.

That was the last thing I really needed to make sure our trip to Couples is complete. I have been so excited about going and want to have one dinner at Otaheite and needed something that would make that one night special and SO glad to have found it. Counting down the days (61 days left).

Lori

Very happy for you.... I have not started thinking about clothes yet... still trying to shed a few lbs :-).. then i will think about clothes... hopefully there will be summer clothes somewhere to buy considering I am in NY..... We have 71 days to go and counting!!!!

Lori,

I know EXACTLY how you feel! My boyfriend and I are going to CN for the first time on November 1st. We booked the trip 7 months ago and I've done a good job of not going crazy and buying a weeks worth of new outfits. However, I did want a new dress for Otaheite. At the begining of the summer, I had my eye on a fabulous pink and purple halter dress at a department store. A few weeks ago, it went on sale for 75% off. I snatched if off the rack so fast - heads were spinning. Like you, it was the only special item I wanted to make our vacation even more memorable.

~Laurie

My husband and I are on our fourth trip to CN. I found 3 dresses at Dillards!!! They are summer dresses and 75% off. I bought them up. The dresses also provide motivation to keep the weight off.

We plan on going every year so I'm gonna keep an eye out for those 75% off dresses!!!!!!

191 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

The days we were looking, I didn't like the ones that were on sale...more of a tie dyed look and not what I had in mind. I know once we go this time, I will start looking as soon as we get back so I have something the next trip....because I KNOW there will be a next trip. 59 days and counting! Seems like it is NEVER going to get here.

I agree...one of the best parts of going to Couples is being able to wear those cute outfits...I'm a banker in a pretty conservative community and I never get to dress up in any sexy little numbers....after many years I have a collection of dresses from size 14 to size 6.....somewhere in the middle right now---every tiem I open that special closet it brings all the memories back. Have fun! We're not down to the double digit dance yet, but soon come...

p.s. Don't forget the cute sandals to go with it!

Oh Lori - I know just how you feel! I have sundresses, cute tops and skirts that I ONLY wear in Jamaica - they just don't fit in with our Boston summers....half of the fun of going to Jamaica (for me, at least), is planning my clothes and jewelry (just the fake stuff) and watching my sweetie's expression when I do my pre-dinner "ta dahhh!"

And BTW - please try to not make your one dinner at Otaheite your last night there - go early, because you may find that you love the dress up experience and want to go again and again (and at Couples, you're not restricted to just visiting the "reservation only" restaurants once)....

Enjoy your trip, and try to pack a little something that your honey isn't expecting!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Oh Lori - I know just how you feel! I have sundresses, cute tops and skirts that I ONLY wear in Jamaica - they just don't fit in with our Boston summers....half of the fun of going to Jamaica (for me, at least), is planning my clothes and jewelry (just the fake stuff) and watching my sweetie's expression when I do my pre-dinner "ta dahhh!"

And BTW - please try to not make your one dinner at Otaheite your last night there - go early, because you may find that you love the dress up experience and want to go again and again (and at Couples, you're not restricted to just visiting the "reservation only" restaurants once)....

Enjoy your trip, and try to pack a little something that your honey isn't expecting!
    We have talked and know it won't be the last day there...we come in on Sunday and I think Monday is the repeaters dinner so we will try one of the other places that night, then go either Tues or Wed, depending on what other activities are going on...leaving Thursday open. This time we will be there only 5 days so I want to try most of the restaurants...but will decide when we get there...don't want to plan too much out. It is much more fun to get there and see what is happening....gotta have all kinds of surprises, including some for the hubby like you mentioned...

ps...i also did find a great pair of cute sandals to go with the dress! Thanks for all the notes. It is so exciting to be going to a place like this....I think this was a great choice for our first trip to Jamaica. Know we will have a GREAT time.