Thread: Drinking water

Default Drinking water

We have 23 days till we arrive. What kind of bottle water is available ?
    What about beer? What types of beer is available?

It's my understanding that there is no bottled water available now that all the couples resorts have gone green. The water is perfectly safe to drink however. As for beer - there is red stripe and red stripe light.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by RBLA View Post
    We have 23 days till we arrive. What kind of bottle water is available ?
    What about beer? What types of beer is available?
    That is the great thing about going to Jamaica over other countries, they water is safe to drink!!!! The water is pure good, naturally limestone filtered. You are given 2 refillable bottles at check in and you can find refilling stations all over the resort. As far as beer, Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light are served at every bar. At piano bar they also have Heineken available. Across the street to the right as you leave the resort you can walk down about 1/4 mile and there is a convenience store that also sells beer, a few more options.

Frankly, I drank much more water than I did booze when I was at CN. It's delicious, and perfectly safe!

When did ALL resorts go bottle-free? We were at CSA in October and go back in 24 days...

We had little water bottles in our room in the fridge. They were refilled every day. Around the resort were coolers with water and cups next to them. We were at CSA December 2012. I forget the brand. They had red stripe and red stripe light for beer.

Each Couple's resort is different. When we stayed at CSS, CN, and CSA, we had bottled water in the mini fridge. I do not remember the brand. At CTI, we received 2 refillable bottles. At the bars we were given water in a cup. All resorts have Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light. Miller Light and Heineken were at CN. I think Heineken at CSA as well. There could have been more options.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    That is the great thing about going to Jamaica over other countries, they water is safe to drink!!!! The water is pure good, naturally limestone filtered. You are given 2 refillable bottles at check in and you can find refilling stations all over the resort. As far as beer, Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light are served at every bar. At piano bar they also have Heineken available. Across the street to the right as you leave the resort you can walk down about 1/4 mile and there is a convenience store that also sells beer, a few more options.
    What resort are you referring when you say "Across the street ....."

Hello... We are arriving around the same day as you... April 10th for us..its our first visit! How about you?

jan

Quote Originally Posted by jan and rob View Post
    Hello... We are arriving around the same day as you... April 10th for us..its our first visit! How about you?

jan
    We also arrive on April 10. Staying at Tower Isle, also our first trip.

Oh ya, I guess that would be important info!!! CTI

Randymon,
    Is this true that all the resorts do not offer bottled water anymore?

Yes, we are staying at CTI... comng from Michigan. arriving around 1:20. see you at the resort!!

Yes, we are staying at CTI too... comng from Michigan. arriving around 1:20. see you at the resort!!

This sounds funny to some people but the reason we actually started going to Jamaica-and one of the reasons we love it-is that they have their own fresh water supply. Most islands use cistern water(caught/stored rainwater) - filtered if you are lucky-and using faucet water even to brush teeth is a big risk. Not in Jamaica- great water, and no worries! A few times in the past they did start serving only bottled water, which, oddly, had salt in it(you couldn't really taste it, but I was wondering why I was puffing up-read label, and they added salt-think it was WATA brand?) Thank you, wonderful Blue Mountains and limestone for making Jamaica wonderful in another important way! 2 more days..WOO HOO!!!

WATA (I think that might be the water brand)

Quote Originally Posted by RBLA View Post
    What kind of bottle water is available ?
    The Wet Clear kind.

Just got back from CSS. Bottled water in the mini-fridge, on the beach, at the beach grill and bars. So everywhere. Though I usually asked for just a glass of water instead so as not to waste a bottle. Drinking the tap water is safe.

I did ask for a Red Stripe Light when we first got there but they said they didn't have that (tap or bottle). Funny thing was, every time someone else would come up to the bar and order the RSL, they would just pull it from a tap that didn't have the RS logo on it. But then they would pull from there for the RS also. Hubby and I watched this for awhile and got a giggle out of it. So in reality, all of it was Red Stripe. No Light.

Quote Originally Posted by lsm1212 View Post
    I did ask for a Red Stripe Light when we first got there but they said they didn't have that (tap or bottle). Funny thing was, every time someone else would come up to the bar and order the RSL, they would just pull it from a tap that didn't have the RS logo on it. But then they would pull from there for the RS also. Hubby and I watched this for awhile and got a giggle out of it. So in reality, all of it was Red Stripe. No Light.
    That's cause fizzy yellow beer tastes like fizzy yellow beer. Most people cannot pick out their "favorite" brand in a blind taste test. Tons of youtube videos showing that proof.

NSfolks, he, or she, was talking about Swept Away.