Default CSS D Block vs. B Block (D7 vs B30). Best Views?

Hi guys,

I'm visiting CSS in a few months and I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to it. I work really really really hard, and I just need to get away from it all.

Anyway, I've been scouring the net to find pictures of room views to see which room has the best views.

As far as I have been able to find, it looks as though B30 and D7 may be my best bets.

I did an all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta and I woke up every morning to:Attachment 19797

So a view is important to me.

My concern is that D7 will have people walking by the balcony because it is only 5 feet off the ground. Also, it looks like the views could be quite obstructed by trees. the upside is that it is on the corner with the ocean on one side and the beach on the other.

My concern about B30 is that from the pictures, the view of the beach doesn't seem all that good, although the view of the sea is expansive.

Are there rooms with even better views than these?

Here is a video of the D7 view: Couples San Souci - The room D7 - YouTube
    and the walk down from D7 to the beach: Couples San Souci - Walk to the beach from block D - YouTube

Here is the view from B30:
    Name:  couples b30.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  43.9 KB

Please help me CSSers!

Do any of you have any input on this?

Paul

You are over thinking this... there is no way you will get any particular room guaranteed and by focusing so much on particular certain rooms, you're setting yourself up for disappointment on the room you are assigned. Pick a category and let them give you a room, you'll be fine. CSS is a very relaxing and romantic, quiet resort, you'll enjoy your time there. Let everything else take care of itself.

The absolute best views are in G block!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by tewkewl View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm visiting CSS in a few months and I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to it. I work really really really hard, and I just need to get away from it all.

Anyway, I've been scouring the net to find pictures of room views to see which room has the best views.

As far as I have been able to find, it looks as though B30 and D7 may be my best bets.

I did an all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta and I woke up every morning to:Attachment 19797

My concern is that D7 will have people walking by the balcony because it is only 5 feet off the ground. Also, it looks like the views could be quite obstructed by trees. the upside is that it is on the corner with the ocean on one side and the beach on the other.

My concern about B30 is that from the pictures, the view of the beach doesn't seem all that good, although the view of the sea is expansive.

and the walk down from D7 to the beach: Couples San Souci - Walk to the beach from block D - YouTube

Please help me CSSers!

Paul
    Also, what is the view like for rooms above D7?

Default One more thing

Quote Originally Posted by tewkewl View Post
    Hi guys,

Please help me CSSers!

Paul
    Oh, also, Anyone have any idea what the room number above D7 is? what's the view like from the corner of D block on the second floor? i'm wondering if the foliage blocks the view from the second floor.

We were in D7 March 2012. We were actually in D11 and hated it, so we down graded to D7 and although there was traffic off the balcony it was a great view. The worst was the traffic going by the bedroom window, you could hear everyone talking!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    You are over thinking this... there is no way you will get any particular room guaranteed and by focusing so much on particular certain rooms, you're setting yourself up for disappointment on the room you are assigned. Pick a category and let them give you a room, you'll be fine. CSS is a very relaxing and romantic, quiet resort, you'll enjoy your time there. Let everything else take care of itself.
    In the notes of a reservation, you can actually request a room. people have done this quite successfully in the past.
    It's not guaranteed, but it does let them know a preference.

It doesn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    I totally agree with RubiGal. There is no guarantee that you will get the room you request at check-in. We were at CSS in Feb/Mar of '11 in D7 and absolutely loved it. We went back last year, and requested the same room at check-in, but it was already occupied. They gave us G1 instead. Although we were disappointed, (before we got to the room) it was also very nice. Relax and enjoy, everything will be wonderful.
    Wish we could be going back...

If you want the best view, choose G block. We stayed there in G-16 last year and here is a pic I took from the balcony. Yes there are more steps to get anywhere, but the peace, tranquility, and view more than make up for it.

Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 257
Size:  111.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nanmac1 View Post
    I agree.

The room above D7 and D19. We were so very fortuntate to have this room on our last stay and loved it! The view was lovely and any foliage just added to the tropical feel of the balcony. I would be over the moon if I ever had the opportunity to stay in this room again. With that said, all the rooms at CSS have lovely views and you will love them all
    Kris

I agree that you are putting way too much effort into this because you will not get to pick your room. You can request a certain building when you get there but you may not even get that. They are very good at relocating you the next day if what you want is not available.

Personally I agree that the best views are from G Block. We always request it when we get there and they have always accommodated us.

Here's a view from G-18 from our last trip to CSS.

Name:  G Block View 3.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  G Block View 1.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  182.2 KB

Name:  G Block View 2.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  152.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nanmac1 View Post
    Agree 100%!!

What room category would I have to book to get a room in the G block?