Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSA - Bad reviews on TripAdvisor

I've been looking at TripAdvisor for the past week and there have been some pretty bad reviews lately.

Just wanted to get some feedback from the repeaters.

Couples Swept Away Negril - All-inclusive Resort Reviews, Deals - Negril, Jamaica - TripAdvisor

You'll hear alot on this but I'm headed back in a couple weeks, or less. We've been there a number of times. Forget about it! Go with a smile, show respect, say thank you, and just let it flow. Some people always see things as being half empty.

I read the review and can only say this person had a personal ax to grind or was at another resort and thought it was Couples Swept Away. We are on our way back to CSA for the fourth time and our seventh overall trip to Couples. We have always gotten the absolute best service from an attentive and helpful staff. The resort has more of a laid back beach vibe than a glitz and sparkle look of some other resorts. We like that! If you want to be impressed with all things shiny then go to Cancun or on a cruise. If you want to relax, unwind, and enjoy the Jamaican experience then come to CSA. TA has become a haven for people who take the term "critic" way to literally and feel they should employ the reality TV mentality of bitch and complain to be interesting. Read on though all the threads on this message board and you will understand the love people have for Couples and the fun they had on their trips there. We can't wait to get back home to Couples.

I didn't read through all the reviews from TripAdvisor, I'm only speaking from my personal experience. We were there this past 1/26-2/2. This was our 3rd trip to CSA. I honestly do not have anything to complain about. The staff, service, food, room, beach etc.....all was great ! My husband and I are pretty laid back and enjoy relaxing. We always stay in the BFVS which is located at the far end of the resort. We don't hang out around the Palms area, main pool, hot tub and bar areas, so we might not see the behavior that has been mentioned. And when passing by to go to the Palms, Martini Bar and Lemongrass for dinner, we haven't seen any bad behavior at that time. Nor have we witnessed bad behavior at the far end of the resort. I certainly am not saying that it doesn't happen, we just have not witnessed it.........in the past 3 visits. We are thoroughly satisfied with everything at CSA, and we return again for future visits, which we already have our 2014 trip planned to CSA.
    PS: We don't take the bus.......the last 3 years we have booked a stretch limo from Montego Bay Limo Service. Our drivier is waiting for us when we arrive. There is cold Red Stripe waiting for us in the car and it is an enjoyable drive to CSA. Our driver picks us up for our return trip to the airport and always gets us there ahead of the crowd. No problems Mon......everything is Irie

So out of a few dozen reviews you saw ONE really poor one and you are freaking out? Really? Why do you think Couples serves mostly repeaters? Many of whom have been going for 20 years in a row? Have you ever had a bad day where you failed to hit the mark? Just wondering?

Like the saying goes.."you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time".. The only thing I can tell you from personal experience is that in 29 more days, my wife & I will be enjoying trip # 20 to CSA along with some good friends who are also heavey repeaters, & I can honestly say that we thoroughly enjoyed EVERY ONE of those trips, besides the ocassional hurricane or unusually wet weather that comes along with being in the tropics & that only happened twice & certainly wasn't the resorts fault, & we still enjoyed ourselves. I think that some people just don't get what CSA & Jamaica are all about. If you're looking for glamour & glitz, go somewhere else. If you want a true tropical, relaxing atmosphere , unwind & enjoy everything CSA & Jamaica has to offer, you will not be disappointed with this resort. I truly feel sorry for those that just don't get it, 'cause they will never know what they are missing. Just my humble opinion. Can't wait to come "home" in 29 more days.

Just returned and not sure if some reviewers were at the same resort. We have been a number of times and still find it to be just as wonderful as the first time we went. Yes the rooms are a bit outdated which has been mentioned many times but if folks research where they are going then this would not be a surprise.
    One reviewer said the resort was lacking flowers. Obviously didn't do the nature tour with Fitzroy.
    We did have an issue with light being out and knob for shower falling off but both were fixed promptly and follow up call made to ensure they were fixed.
    Food was great. Did find lunch in Palms to not have quite the variety it has in past but still lots to choose from.
    We have been to many other resorts but Couples brand is still our favourite.

What limo service did you use and how much? Will be there April 27-May 4, looking for an extra treat for husband

Sonofthebeach hit the nail on the head! Very well stated.

No, it is more than ONE bad review out of dozens of reviews. Most of us are smart enough to take a negative review here and there and let it go because some people are harder to satisfy and others just like to complain. However, this is not the case recently. There have been several in less than one week. There has been bad reviews posted on here as well from repeaters. I think there is reason for concern. This is our first time to CSA and we decided on this resort by the wonderful reviews it has received time and time again with only sporadic negative reviews which is usual. I am very sad because I will have to cancel CSA if these reviews continue in the amount that has been posted. I can not take the chance of wasting several thousand dollars.
    Last edited by Gail and Matt; March 24th, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

We found our stay last September to be the best of the last three visits to CSA. We noticed improvements in rooms and entertainment and really enjoyed the trip. We missed Patios for breakfast as it was closed this trip and was open previous stays.

There is also a current thread on TA "CSA - here now and loving it!".

We just booked for Couples Barbados in December as we wanted to check our a new island experience and Couples is in walking distance of lots of local spots, one of the things we enjoy about CSA.

Thank you all for your feedback!

I was just curious and thought I would ask how it really is.

From what I have read through out the message boards, the resort seems to be perfect for a laid back, Jamaican-style, vacation and that is exactly what we want! Can't wait to go...101 days!!!!

PSS: (from my previous reply above).......... I've heard that the TripAdvisor reviews usually tend to be on the negative side. Someone told me that years ago. I don't read them, I read the Couples message board. I figure that people posting on this message board are seasoned visitors to all the Couples resorts, and who would be more qualified to write accurate reviews......the positive and the negative. Just my opinion.

What cracks me up about the reviews on TA are the ones that state they've had multiple visits but they have no other prior reviews or forum posts for anywhere. Maybe it's just me but those tend to make me skeptical at best!

Wow that sounds nice. How much does it cost for the limo if you dont mind me asking?

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I didn't read through all the reviews from TripAdvisor, I'm only speaking from my personal experience. We were there this past 1/26-2/2. This was our 3rd trip to CSA. I honestly do not have anything to complain about. The staff, service, food, room, beach etc.....all was great ! My husband and I are pretty laid back and enjoy relaxing. We always stay in the BFVS which is located at the far end of the resort. We don't hang out around the Palms area, main pool, hot tub and bar areas, so we might not see the behavior that has been mentioned. And when passing by to go to the Palms, Martini Bar and Lemongrass for dinner, we haven't seen any bad behavior at that time. Nor have we witnessed bad behavior at the far end of the resort. I certainly am not saying that it doesn't happen, we just have not witnessed it.........in the past 3 visits. We are thoroughly satisfied with everything at CSA, and we return again for future visits, which we already have our 2014 trip planned to CSA.
    PS: We don't take the bus.......the last 3 years we have booked a stretch limo from Montego Bay Limo Service. Our drivier is waiting for us when we arrive. There is cold Red Stripe waiting for us in the car and it is an enjoyable drive to CSA. Our driver picks us up for our return trip to the airport and always gets us there ahead of the crowd. No problems Mon......everything is Irie

This is the norm for TripAdvisor. Read all the reviews that you can find. Inlcuding this board. You will see that most are very positive. You can't go wrong with any Couples resort. They offer a true AI vacation.

Life is good

Default Question about the Limo

Can you please tell me how you booked the limo service and how much it cost you?

Thanks

It's around $500. We booked through Montego Bay Limousine & Tours. Howard Dunn is the owner. The email address is: info@montegobaylimo.net Their website is: Montego Bay International Luxury Car & Limo Tour | New York limousine and Montego Bay Jamaica limousine service The price might vary a little, you would need to get a quote. You can tell Howard that the Harrison's gave you the information. We love it and wouldn't travel to CSA any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl67 View Post
    Can you please tell me how you booked the limo service and how much it cost you?

Thanks
    We booked through Montego Bay Limo Service. Howard Dunn is the owner. The email is: info@montegobaylimo.net The website is: Montego Bay International Luxury Car & Limo Tour | New York limousine and Montego Bay Jamaica limousine service The phone number in Jamaica is: 876-953-7459 We have always enjoyed it and wouldn't travel any other way to CSA. Price was around $500. You might need to get a quote. Post again if you have any other questions.

Oops.........for robin1373 and beachgirl67...........the email address for the limo service should be: info@montegobaylimo.com

I believe I told you .net Sorry ! And I didn't include the number in one of the replies: 876-953-7459 in Jamaica. Howard Dunn is the owner and the person I've always dealt with. Good luck and post again if you have further questions.

I didn't read the reviews but I just got back from CSS. We met a few couples there who had been to CSA in the past year or two and every single one of them said they either had a bad experience or met someone there who had a bad experience and many of them were repeaters. Only reason it came up as hubby and I were thinking about going back there next fall (Oct 2014) to celebrate our 10 year anny since we got married there. We haven't been back yet. So it's got me thinking. Some of the issues were stolen items. Others were poor service. I noticed CSA has gotten much bigger since we were last there. So not sure what we will do. We loved CSS. And are going back to CN this fall.

We just returned from CSA, our 25+ trip. No complaints. Sports complex, under utilized, tennis program terrific. Yes the beach was full as was the club. Food better than ever for CSA. Room clean. Staff alert/friendly. No problems!

Gail and Matt,

I just went to the link posted. Out of the first 30 reviews, there were only 2 one dot reviews. All the others were 3 or better.

Just FYI from what I said earlier and the reason I said it. Can you fined any other instance where it is 28 to 2 in the other direction?

I have followed the TA for years and see so many positive reviews on CSA....MANY more than the negative ones...
    We have so MANY dear friends that love CSA and visit CSA yearly and believe me,if there were any major issues then I would have heard them over and over again.

GO.RELAX.ENJOY CSA and have a Salty Dog for me..Ruff Ruff

Hugs from TName:  Big Hu9.gif
Views: 575
Size:  46.1 KBommywommy of 10 0 C

I am at CSA right now (March 28th), today is our last day. There are a number of positives at this resort for sure - delicious food at all of the restaurants, friendly staff, a beautiful beach and the view from our beachfront verandah suite. Negatives have included: no electricity upon a late night arrival (so we had to check in by flashlight), having no water (taps or shower) three times over the course of 5 days, and a dinner reservation system that at first was not working, and then only allowed us one dinner over a 5 night stay. We had a lovely vacation, but probably will not return as we can get a lot more for our $ elsewhere. We are in our early 40s and have travelled to 5 star resorts in Mexico, DR, St. Lucia and Montego Bay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast