Default A few Atrium questions...

Hi all! My wife and I married on 12/29/2012 and because it was a destination wedding (Montana ski resort) and because we wanted to get financially stable first, we put off the honeymoon for a year. After a LOT of research into Caribbean locations, we narrowed it down to Jamaica, then Couples, then CSA, then finally the Atrium suites. This will be my first trip out of the US and my wife's second (she went to Mexico about 10 years ago). We are very, VERY excited! 12/13-23/2013 - should be 10 great days and nights!

I've spent some time reading this board and have gathered a few tidbits about things to bring, what to do, acceptable conduct, etc, but I did have a couple other questions that I can't really seem to find answers on.

1. The Atrium suites now have a minibar, correct? If so, is it stocked with any beer/wine/rum on the first night, or do you have to request it?

2. We really want a second floor Atrium room. How do they allocate who gets what room? Repeaters get priority, whoever gets there first gets first choice, length of stay, etc?

3. Anyone have any earthly idea of our odds at getting a second floor room for that ten day stretch? Or is it just kinda a crap shoot?

4. I have looked at the rooms on the website, but I gave seen some people talk about the "front" door on these suites. Obviously, there must be a main door on the second floor, but I didn't see it in the online photos. Also, where is the staircase for these rooms? Petty I know, but I am one of those people that likes to know what to expect. Can someone describe the general layout of the atriums, or share some photos?

Thank you all for the knowledge you've shared already, and in advance for the responses! We hope to meet some of you all down there. Also, anyone else on Delta flight 435 from ATL to MBJ on December 13th?

1. The Atrium suites now have a minibar, correct? If so, is it stocked with any beer/wine/rum on the first night, or do you have to request it?sign up for the romance rewards( link is on bottom of page) and you can pre select what you would like in your mini bar. It may not be stocked the second you get to your room depending on time, but it will get stocked. Then you just fill out card everyday and they will restock it.

2. We really want a second floor Atrium room. How do they allocate who gets what room? Repeaters get priority, whoever gets there first gets first choice, length of stay, etc?I think it is just luck of the draw, you can ask when you get there and they will try and give you what you want.

3. Anyone have any earthly idea of our odds at getting a second floor room for that ten day stretch? Or is it just kinda a crap shoot?Again luck of the draw but you have a 50% chance of getting second floor. If you can't get a second floor ask for a key to the back door so you can leave form patio.

4. I have looked at the rooms on the website, but I gave seen some people talk about the "front" door on these suites. Obviously, there must be a main door on the second floor, but I didn't see it in the online photos. Also, where is the staircase for these rooms? Petty I know, but I am one of those people that likes to know what to expect. Can someone describe the general layout of the atriums, or share some photos?The front door to room faces the road, patios/balcony faces ocean. You climb a set of 6 or 7 stairs a small landing then up 6 or 7 more stairs. To your left and right are the "front door to your and your neighbors room. As you enter your room you are across from the bathroom. On the second floor the walls of the bathroom don't go all the way up to the vaulted ceiling, some people dont like this; we just kick each other out of room if we need a little more privacy. On the same side as the front door is the closet, it has a few shelves and some hangers. You will also find your safe in the closet. You pick the combination for safe; directions are on safe. Your mini bar is located on the wall that separates bathroom for bed room. Its under the mirror. The rest of the room looks just the pictures and the 360 view.

Hi Wareagle30

My husband and I got a ground floor Atrium near the pool and Palms restaurant when we first checked it. I'm a fairly light sleeper and the noise from the Palms kept me awake. I politely asked the front desk if we could move rooms. They didn't have anything available the first night but the next day the bell man came and got our bags and moved them to another room, and it was on the second floor. Although they don't guarantee room requests, you could email guest services before you arrive and ask if possible to have a second floor room. I had to buy ear plugs to block out the tree frogs and early morning noise. Most people love the tree frogs but I just couldn't sleep with them chirping all night. We were also right on a main path so could hear the morning breakfast deliveries. My husband had no problem sleeping. I'm pretty sure it's just me.

We LOVED having breakfast out on our balcony every morning. It's a light breakfast (your choice of items). We always got coffee, fruit, danish/croissants, and sometimes yogurt. It was enough to keep us energized for a morning workout/walk. We'd have a second breakfast mid morning. These are a few room pictures. The first one is from our ground floor. I think the others are from the balcony.

Name:  Jamaica Feb 2012 002.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  307.6 KBName:  Jamaica Feb 2012 015.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  290.4 KBName:  Jamaica Feb 2012 023.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  286.0 KBName:  Jamaica Feb 2012 024.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  309.2 KBName:  Jamaica Feb 2012 026.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  292.5 KB

First of all; many congratulations. I cant think of many other more romantic stays for your honeymoon than an Atruin Suite at Swept Away. reinthehead has addressed most of your questions, but just to confirm - the bathroom walls dont reach the ceiling downstairs too. Since you dont want to be on the ground floor (why? this is always our choice) a quiet, upstairs room in the centre of the property will begin with the numbers "22**" Hope this helps and I also hope it shows that for everyone who wants to live upstairs, there is one who prefers downstairs, so dont worry!

Hi Wareagle30 - You mentioned wanting to know what to expect when you arrive at CSA - Aside from having chosen a terrific room category, you should anticipate "sand gravity" kicking in within about 24 hours of landing at MoBay. It's one of those things that just can't be helped, and onset may vary within 23+ hours (for us it happens just as we unpack the last piece of clothing. We generally stay for about the same length of time as you, and we've found that every day that sand gravity just gets more and more potent.

CSA is one of our favorite places on earth - hope you have a terrific honeymoon!!

Oh, and PS - we've never found there to be enough hangars in the room, so I'd recommend bringing a few plastic hangars if you have room in your luggage.

We always stay in a 2nd floor atrium suite... Love the high ceilings! The stairs are in the center of the building; some straight, some winding. Some balconies are very large with a hammock, some are quite small with just 2 straight chairs. While you CAN book a room category, you can't request a specific room. My fiancé has been over 20 times....this will be my 4th in April AND our wedding!

As for hangers, just ask for more and they will bring to your room. Do your mini bar request at check in...it's complimentary not a pay bar like in US rooms. There's a sheet to fill out daily for replacement.

You're gonna love CSA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    First of all; many congratulations. I cant think of many other more romantic stays for your honeymoon than an Atruin Suite at Swept Away. reinthehead has addressed most of your questions, but just to confirm - the bathroom walls dont reach the ceiling downstairs too. Since you dont want to be on the ground floor (why? this is always our choice) a quiet, upstairs room in the centre of the property will begin with the numbers "22**" Hope this helps and I also hope it shows that for everyone who wants to live upstairs, there is one who prefers downstairs, so dont worry!
    Well, we have just read and heard that the second floor offers a bit more privacy in this room category. Having never been, I've just sort of been going by what others have said. Also, we are both somewhat late sleepers, especially on vacation, so I figured second floor would be better so were are not awoken by anyone above us.

No matter which building/floor we get, I am very confident we have made the right choice with the Atrium, and you fine folks that have BTDT have validated my belief.

Sounds like 2227 or 2228 are the "go-to" Atrium second floor rooms!

Thank you all for your advice and replies!

-Landon

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle30 View Post
    Well, we have just read and heard that the second floor offers a bit more privacy in this room category. Having never been, I've just sort of been going by what others have said. Also, we are both somewhat late sleepers, especially on vacation, so I figured second floor would be better so were are not awoken by anyone above us.

No matter which building/floor we get, I am very confident we have made the right choice with the Atrium, and you fine folks that have BTDT have validated my belief.

Sounds like 2227 or 2228 are the "go-to" Atrium second floor rooms!

Thank you all for your advice and replies!

-Landon
    You think you are a late sleeper. Please report back in after you go and tell us how that went for you all.