Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Silly Question.....

Is there ESPN on the Satelite TV at CN? It's football season in the US and I'm a diehard College Football fan. So I'm wondering if they get ESPN since they have satelite? It's not a big deal I'll just DVR it at home but I was just wondering...there is one game I'd like to see while I'm there having a pina colata!

lol! One of the reasons I wanted CSA...love me some football!

I don't think so. My fiance was miffed about the lack of sports during our trip in March. He installed slingbox on our computer and he can watch TV on the laptop and the signal comes from our cable box! Perfect for watching your home team. We can change the channel on the TV at home from Jamaica or anywhere else for that matter. Look into it.

Yes they do. I'm not sure which or how many ESPN channels they get. We were just there last week and the hubby watched it every night while I was getting ready for dinner.

I'm in the same boat as you, I just run up to the computer room every once in a while to check scores. After a few hummingbirds and the vodka lemonade slushy it turns into a slow crawl to score checks and after some red stripes i lay there an

I really want to see the South Carolina Gamecocks versus Georgia Bulldogs on Sept 12th. It will be on ESPN and I believe it's a night game, I just don't know if it's the same ESPN as the ESPN in Jamaica? I assume ESPN is ESPN although I know there is ESPN2,360,U,etc,etc. I doubt it will be on but I will keep the fingers crossed! I've heard of slingbox, might be something to look into. Just figured I'd ask. I'd really be in heaven if I could be in paradise watching the football game I want to see! LOL Thanks guys!

Default Slingbox

Go get yourself a slingbox. 10 minutes to install and setup and you can watch your tv, TiVo, dvd player and whatever else you want to hook up to it from anywhere you have an internet connection. Including,on a Blackberry, Windows Mobile or Palm-based device. Slingbox is da bomb!

I know that it is possible because I watched the ABC broadcast of the Iowa Hawkeyes vs PSU last November at CSA. One of the other guests had to find it on the satellite but was able to do so. ESPN also had games on. Good luck. My Hawkeyes play Northwestern this year when we are at CSA and I'm guessing it will be on Big Ten Network. Randymon, what are the chances we can get Big Ten Network by November?

GO HAWKEYES!! Two years ago i had some of the staff singing the fight song at CN!!! kttch...Where do you live?

Oh man, I need some ESPN at CSS for Monday Night Football when my beloved Titans play the Texans.

We live in Omaha. I grew up in Western Iowa and went to the U of Iowa. I am a HUGE Hawkeye fan. I hate missing the game at home but if it brings the Hawks a win I am willing to watch from Jamaica.

CSS has ESPN and ESPN2 - No Worries you can watch the game. But isn't that what Tivo is for? I wish one of the Bars had some Flat Screens for times like this.

I hope CTI has cable!! My Vikings, with the newly acquired Brett Favre, will be having their first Vikings/Packers showdown on Monday Night Football, Octber 5th. Anyone know if I will be able to watch the game on TV??? I hate just checking scores, I would love to watch on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    My Vikings, with the newly acquired Brett Favre, will be having their first Vikings/Packers showdown on Monday Night Football, Octber 5th.
    I hope you get to watch this one as it is going to be another Vikes win. Have fun my man...we have to wait until March 2010 for our trip. Let us know how it went when you return.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgroup View Post
    GO HAWKEYES!! Two years ago i had some of the staff singing the fight song at CN!!! kttch...Where do you live?

Oh man!!! Take it back! Huge cyclone fans here. Going to the big game Saturday? It's always a dogfight!

Nice to see some Vikings fans. CaptainDiet, we'll be at CTI 3/12-3/20, still celebrating a super bowl victory!

GO VIKES!

WE just got back from CN on Sept 8. They do have ESPN in the rooms on TV. I watched portions of FSU and Miami while getting ready for the night activities. UGA and USC is on ESPN2. They did not get ESPN2. There are all the national networks, ABC, NBC,CBS and FOX from Miami affiliates. Also had FOX NEWS, CNN, Weather channel and more channels than I can remember from the past visits.

Quote Originally Posted by atragichope View Post
    I really want to see the South Carolina Gamecocks versus Georgia Bulldogs on Sept 12th. It will be on ESPN and I believe it's a night game, I just don't know if it's the same ESPN as the ESPN in Jamaica? I assume ESPN is ESPN although I know there is ESPN2,360,U,etc,etc. I doubt it will be on but I will keep the fingers crossed! I've heard of slingbox, might be something to look into. Just figured I'd ask. I'd really be in heaven if I could be in paradise watching the football game I want to see! LOL Thanks guys!
    that game may be carried on the ocho

Def. not a silly question. I asked this back in like April/May about NFL and it turned in to a great debate during the NHL playoffs.
    I', just hoping to catch at least some of the PSU/Minnesota game on Oct. 17 and then my Steelers/Browns game on the 18th. Die Hard Steelers fan, here.
    Of course, I did book our trip over my husband's bye-week (He's a Dallas fan), so he's happy. It's just me who will suffer.
    Enjoy your trip and I'm sure you'll find your game on somewhere!
    Kelly

CTI has ESPN and all rooms have a TV in them. The game room has a big screen.
    Irie Mon

DavenRach, don't worry, you probably won't want to see it since Rodgers and the Packers are going to win anyway. The Packer defense is really gunning for Favre, and has improved a lot. they can't wait for Favre to throw all his interceptions. Rodgers has improved also, and is definetly ready to play. So, don't worry about the game.
    Linda

I really want to see the South Carolina Gamecocks versus Georgia Bulldogs on Sept 12th.

GO COCKS!! MAYBE THE SPURRIER CREW CAN DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR.
    Island Girl

I don't know if I need to laugh or cry. My Bengals play the Lions while I'm at CSA this coming December carried by FOX). Who the hell wants to watch those two "battle it out" anyway? Oh well. More time on the beach with my lovely wife and cold drink. Not a bad trade off if you ask me.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinlife View Post
    I really want to see the South Carolina Gamecocks versus Georgia Bulldogs on Sept 12th.

GO COCKS!! MAYBE THE SPURRIER CREW CAN DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR.
    It will be fun watching the Cocks impose it will on the bulldogs - go cocks go

My apologies go to atragichope. I tried to highlight what you said regarding S.C. and GA playing but it came out on the post like I was saying it. Just trying to agree with ya. Anyway, hopefully they can beat up on Florida Atlantic this weekend.
    Island Girl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast