Thread: CTI Island

Default CTI Island

Who will be on the island? April 2013. The more the merrier!

If I can convince the love of my life to go. We will be. There 13-20

Expect us the 11th-18th.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Tell he/she to try it!

I seriously had my doubts and it was like everyone said--you'll like it or not and its better to go sooner than later to find out.

We just got back Friday and the Island for us was the best part about TI. People were friendly, conversation was amazing, and there is just something about being naked in the water!!!!

We tried it two days in and honestly, i got tipsy before going. At first I went off to the right hand side (which was a GREAT suggestion for being "alone" if you're nervous) but the more I drank the better it was. Then we decided to go snorkeling right off the island--which is great for anyone who hasnt tried it!! After snorkeling i realized i was super sober but was competely comfortable. It may take some liquid courage and maybe even 2 visits (maybe 30 minutes to an hour a couple times a day) but after that, i was in love.

We cant wait to go back and the first thing we're doing is heading back there!

I am trying hard to convince her. I have been to several AN beaches, I am dying to see the island. I agree with all of the posters here but she is one tough cookie. I think I will lay off for a while and let what comes natural happen. 16 Days!!

Tips for CTI island newbies:
    1. If you're uncertain, go over in the morning as the island is really quiet - you'll see when the island opens as the staff head over first to open the bar.
    2. Once there, if you're shy head to the right hand side - you'll be out of sight of the pool bar where folks gather to chat and folks will leave you alone - no pressure.
    3. Bring a book, a hat, sunglasses, and lots of sunscreen. "Liquid courage" is of course available at the resort and on the island if you need it.
    4. Don't worry about your age or body shape - all ages, all shapes on the island - all are welcome - no judgmental looks or comments ever (during our visit to the island).
    5. If you "hate it", the shuttle boat goes back and forth consistently so you can escape at any time.
    6. If you're worried about folks on the beach or at the resort seeing you, have a look from the beach - it's almost impossible to identify anyone on the island and if you're on the right hand side, no one from shore can even see you.
    7. And here's the biggest tip... the folks on the island are wonderful - totally agree with Siouangel3's comments above. Having talked to folks who have visited other AN beaches elsewhere where behaviors of some were less than honorable - Couples Resorts AN policies are wonderful in that EVERYONE (and I mean everyone!) we encountered on the island were very appropriate and very respectful - just like minded, friendly people experiencing the joys of sunshine and getting a beautiful "no tanlines" tan.
    Thank you Couples Resort for the island... it was one (of many) highlights of our stay at CTI!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    I am trying hard to convince her. I have been to several AN beaches, I am dying to see the island. I agree with all of the posters here but she is one tough cookie. I think I will lay off for a while and let what comes natural happen. 16 Days!!
    Woodbridgeata, We will miss you by a couple of days, but I hope you and your wife can get to the island at least once. Introduce yourselves to Richie (Crabracer) and Syl, They are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. If anyone can ease her fears or anxieties, they certainly can. Ten seconds after meeting them, will seem like you have known them all your life.

We will be there 22-29 and it can't come soon enough.

My husband and I returned from CTI March 29th and it was our first time doing the au natural and we loved it, the island was great. Can't wait to go back.

Deb agreed to try AN for an hour!!! I just hope she finds it as exhilarating as I do. See you guys SATURDAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    Deb agreed to try AN for an hour!!! I just hope she finds it as exhilarating as I do. See you guys SATURDAY!!!
    Did you make it on Saturday? If so, was it the 13th or the 20th?
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Jandy, may I ask your thoughts of ssb vs. the island???

Quote Originally Posted by jandy View Post
    Expect us the 11th-18th.
    We will also be there the 11th-18th

Beyond Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Jandy, may I ask your thoughts of ssb vs. the island???
    SSB-We only visited for the trading places day. The pool is larger, they have more organized activities, a variety of food, better hours, and you can actually go in the ocean without worrying about sea urchins (but I would wear water shoes because it is rocky).

Island-Is smaller and tends to be more social (which we like), love the view, and you get to feel the breeze from the ocean no matter what direction the wind is blowing. Island bartenders are great. They see you get off the boat and have your drinks waiting for you at the bar.

Overall, we enjoyed both experiences. We have no complaints about either place but my husband and I tend to go with the flow and aren't really concerned about lurkers.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleighrose View Post
    We will also be there the 11th-18th

Beyond Excited!
    Unfortunately, we were there April 11-18th. Enjoy your trip!
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Going in October for the 1st time!
    Question: Are the servers on the island also nude? Just curious. When do you undress, on the pier? What do you wear on the boat ride to the island?
    Thanks! =) Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by armypilotwife View Post
    Going in October for the 1st time!
    Question: Are the servers on the island also nude? Just curious. When do you undress, on the pier? What do you wear on the boat ride to the island?
    Thanks! =) Can't wait!
    No, the servers (and any other staff that come over) are fully clothed.

Get to the island, find a spot, then disrobe.

Whatever you would wear on the CTI main beach or a breakfast, basically normal resort clothes.