Thread: Wedding DJ?

Hybrid View

Default Wedding DJ?

We have our date set for June 27th of this year at CTI, and have booked the Tower Isle wedding package. We are having a full reception, and we were originally planning to bring our own music, but my future mother-in-law has said that she would pay for the DJ. I want to hear about other peoples' experiences with the Couples DJ but the forum won't let me search the word "DJ" because it's too short! Can anyone help me out and tell me how their full reception with a DJ went? We don't know whether we should spend the money on the DJ or do it ourselves! Thanks!

We got married at csa just the two of us. Not sure how big your wedding will be but if I was going to do it over again and we were having guests, I would rent the Mento band. I've seen many weddings on the beach and they add a great Jamaican vibe to the cocktail party receptions I've seen on the beach. Just a thought! Wish I had more answers for you. Congrats and good luck with your planning. It was the best day ever for us.

I'm so glad to hear that the mento band is awesome -- and that your day was wonderful as well. =) Our wedding is actually going to be a larger one -- 40 people. We will have the mento band during the cocktail hour, but we are having a private reception and I was going to just hook up an iPod to the speaker system and do my music that way, but my future MIL offered to pay for a DJ so we are trying to do a little research on him and unfortunately I can't find anything!

And thank you for the congratulations and well wishes... I can't wait!

Have you found any addition information yet? I am also looking into hiring the DJ, but the in-state coordinator said he doesn't have access to email so any requests we make have to go through her and she would forward them on.... That makes me a little nervous!

Unfortunately I haven't really gotten any further! Sophia has given me the DJ's email, but when I asked him over and over again if he had any samples such as audio or videos he dodged the question a few times he finally said he's never recorded anything. Makes me a bit nervous but I can't decide if taking the gamble is worth all the time I would save putting my own play list together and worrying about whether someone was running it correctly, etc. If we do go with the DJ (which I think we will anyway), I'll report back!

We had a steel drum band for an hour and then used my ipod for music. It was fine! Sure a DJ would have been great but I didn't miss it! They have a nice sound system with an ipod adapter.

We just got back from csa last week and saw a large wedding reception on the beach with a tenor sax I think, not sure about that but he was awesome! It was beautiful.

Hi there! I just had my wedding at CTI, and we too planned to do the music with an iPod. Unfortunately, my computer was on the fritz at the resort (I think because of the humidity?) and we ended up booking the DJ. In short, the DJ was AWESOME. Really nice and chill. If your crew likes to dance, the DJ will be a sure bet! We all had a blast. We requested some music too, and he worked some of it in, so that was cool. I wish he would have worked a little more in, but overall I can't complain!

Quote Originally Posted by kelseyhorner View Post
    We have our date set for June 27th of this year at CTI, and have booked the Tower Isle wedding package. We are having a full reception, and we were originally planning to bring our own music, but my future mother-in-law has said that she would pay for the DJ. I want to hear about other peoples' experiences with the Couples DJ but the forum won't let me search the word "DJ" because it's too short! Can anyone help me out and tell me how their full reception with a DJ went? We don't know whether we should spend the money on the DJ or do it ourselves! Thanks!