Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 2014

Hybrid View

Default January 2014

It's never too early to start thinking about the next trip. Just sayin'.

Please post if you have plans for next January. We are looking at the week of the 20th for 10 days.

Chris and Sue
    CSS/SSB 4th timers, to be

Hey Chris and Sue,

We haven't booked yet, but the plan is to return the 18th thru 25th. Just gotta keep looking for the best deal.

Bob and Tracy

Bob and Tracy,

Sounds great. I'm good with the room rates and air fare now. If you book before April 24, you get the 7th night free. And the air fare now is significantly less than I paid last year.

Are you the Canadian couple we hung out with this last January?

Chris

Chris,

Nope, we aren't the Canadians. We spent most of our time around the pool. Prices I'm finding now are quite a bit higher than we paid last year, so we'll keep looking.

Bob

We are now booked Jan 19 thru Jan 29, 10 days. Our friends Bill and Mary are booked for the same 10 days.

Anybody else book yet?

Jan 20-27 for us! We've got two other Minnesota couples coming around this same time. I'll tell them about this thread.

Come on folks,

We need some SSB folks to be making reservations for Mid January 2014. It's a great time to go; low humidity, usually sunny but not too hot or burn too bad, and the folks then are great. We played pool volleyball and beer pong l almost every day the last two years. So far, us, and Keith/Ginger, and Bill/Mary, and Mike/Annette, and three other couples they are bringing. Let's get a party started !!!

Ya Mon.

We just booked for Jan 18 - 25 in a Beachfront Suite using the Wednesday Escape!!

That Wednesday deal was awesome! I made sure to publicize that special on Facebook so my friends could take advantage of it.

Bob and Tracy, it's great to hear you'll be back again next year! Only 232 more days for us!

Keith

We couldn't pass up the Wednesday special either! Adolph and Sue will be back Jan. 18-25

Ok, I gathered up names from the January threads, and here's the calendar:

Ed and Holly 2-9
    Jim & Diane 11-18
    Frank and Susan 12-26
    Jeff and Mary 17-27
    Adolph & Sue 18-25
    Bob and Tracy 18-25
    Chris and Sue 19-29
    Keith and Ginger 20-27
    Yvonne & Harry 20-4 feb
    Dave and Mary 21-31
    Barry and Jackie 21-31

I've heard that these couples will be there too, but we haven't seen them post, so we don't have exact dates:
    Carlo and Sharla
    Chuck and Vicky
    Solomon and Bridget

Let me know if you want to be added, or if I got your dates wrong!

Don't forget to post in the "getting to know you" thread if you haven't already!

Poor Ed and Holly. I think we may just have to go for the whole month just to make sure they aren't lonely.

Hey Keith,

It'll be great to catch up with everyone again. It sounds like they're planning some changes with the hot tub and pool at SSB. Let the countdown begin!

Bob

What changes are planned for SSB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob and Tracy View Post
    Hey Keith,

It'll be great to catch up with everyone again. It sounds like they're planning some changes with the hot tub and pool at SSB. Let the countdown begin!

Bob

Sue,

Check out the 'New hot tub at SSB' thread on the A/N board. Randymon confirmed that there will be a new hot tub going in. There are other changes to the pool being discussed, but nothing definite.

Bob

It is going to be a fun group this year! Glad you could make it during the week we're there, Sueboo!

Sue and Adolf, looking forward to seeing you at CSS again next year.

Chris

Keith,

There is another Wednesday Couples special coming up on June 27. Give me some advice. Since I am already booked, can I take advantage of it? The last one was worth about $1500 in savings. Do I rebook and then cancel my original reservation? Should I call a rep or can it all be done on the website.

Chris

Hi Chris - How do you know there is a special for January 2014 coming on June 27th (26th?) If there is a special you maybe able to re-book. Did you book through a travel agent or Couples? Did you buy insurance? Some travel companies have lowest price guarantee insurance, some do not. Some have restrictions such as the trip has to be the same dates, room category etc. You also will lose the $300 early booking resort credits but the last special was too good to pass up. We already get repeat guest credits!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    Keith,

There is another Wednesday Couples special coming up on June 27. Give me some advice. Since I am already booked, can I take advantage of it? The last one was worth about $1500 in savings. Do I rebook and then cancel my original reservation? Should I call a rep or can it all be done on the website.

Chris

Chris, I think it depends on where you booked. If you booked through an agent, call the agent and they can do it all for you; some of my other friends did that. Since I booked directly through the website, I called the 800 number and they helped me. Basically they had me email them with my booking number and say "please change my reservation to the Wednesday special". No need to re-book or cancel anything.

Keith

Sue and Keith,

I did book directly thru Couples. I did buy the trip insurance. I called Couples and they told me the next Wednesday Special is 27June. I'll check the next special and make a decision and call Couples directly.

Thanks,
    Chris

Hi Guys,
    Harry & I will be in resort 20 Jan - 4 Feb any room for a couple of Brits to join the crew?

Welcome - is this your first time to CSS? You will love it! The staff
    is amazing and so is the food. The repeat guests are the friendliest people we've ever met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonneporter46 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Harry & I will be in resort 20 Jan - 4 Feb any room for a couple of Brits to join the crew?

Hi Sueboo,
    Thank you and see you in Jan 2014
    Yvonne

Ya Mon! You're in luck!

We made friends with some Brits last time, but they said they can't make it this January, so you can have their spots!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast