Default Freaking Out a Bit

My husband and I have a trip planned in May at CSA. We picked CSA because of recommendations from friends who have gone in years past. I am now second guessing myself due to some bad reviews posted lately on Trip Adviser. I have seen several complaints about ants in the rooms. I have been dreaming about this vacation for a long time but now I am a little worried. Does anyone know if these problems are being addressed? Thanks!

here is what you do go back to trip adviser and look at the resort again. Notice how many reviews there are and haw many are negative and that should answer your question. You can not please everyone. Now as far as the ants you are going to a lush land and yes there are bugs and yes sometimes they make there way to places we dont want them, and when that happens at couples they will fix it as soon as they can. Some people you can not please and nothing happens in the time you want it to when there is a problem.

Go with the mind set that your gonna have a great time and I bet you have a better time than you could imagine. Remember nothing happens fast in Jamaica, once you slow down and get the vibe its all good.

Stop listening to chronic complainers & people who have nothing better to do than nit pick just about anything. Mrs. SOB & myself are returning to CSA for trip # 20 in two 'n a half weeks, & can't wait to get there, that ought to tell you something! CSA is awesome, always has been & probably always will be. There is nothing to second guess, you're gonna love it!! Listen to your friends, not some whinners on Trip advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by weewane View Post
    here is what you do go back to trip adviser and look at the resort again. Notice how many reviews there are and haw many are negative and that should answer your question. You can not please everyone. Now as far as the ants you are going to a lush land and yes there are bugs and yes sometimes they make there way to places we dont want them, and when that happens at couples they will fix it as soon as they can. Some people you can not please and nothing happens in the time you want it to when there is a problem.

Go with the mind set that your gonna have a great time and I bet you have a better time than you could imagine. Remember nothing happens fast in Jamaica, once you slow down and get the vibe its all good.
    Don't leave glasses wih sweet residue or food open in your room and there should be no problems, ie dirty plates from breakfast service.

One way to work around the ant problem is to be sure to get rid of ANY used dishes or glasses, etc. RIGHT AFTER YOU'RE DONE WITH THEM! Also, be sure to screw on the top of your toothpaste tube. I hate ants, and these simple "fixes" seem to be a good solution.

CSA is our favorite resort on earth, and I, too, am a little disturbed by some less-than-flattering comments on TA and this MB. Hopefully Couples management will address these issues.

My advice is to go and enjoy all of the fabulous amenities at the resort - but if you're TRULY freaked out and don't think you'll be able to enjoy your vacation, then maybe you should check out CN or CSS / CTI.

Read these boards vs looking on Trip Advisor, which is a site many other hotels and resorts use to bash the competition. The comments you'll see here are from 1st timers, and old timers. My fiance has been to CSA probably 20 times; 4/12-21 will be my 4th time (and our wedding) there. Nothing like it anywhere on Earth, and believe me, we're both well traveled. You're gonna love it, and you WILL be back!

Trip #5 in 14 sleeps!! We wouldn't keep returning if it wasn't paradise. Is csa perfect? No but pretty darn close. No worries!!

Default Run, don't walk!

Quote Originally Posted by LMS530 View Post
    My husband and I have a trip planned in May at CSA. We picked CSA because of recommendations from friends who have gone in years past. I am now second guessing myself due to some bad reviews posted lately on Trip Adviser. I have seen several complaints about ants in the rooms. I have been dreaming about this vacation for a long time but now I am a little worried. Does anyone know if these problems are being addressed? Thanks!
    You're right, we definitely saw an ant once when we were at Sweptaway during one of our 18 visits. Also saw a gecko, a tree frog, a cat and a manta ray!

As far as ants we have never encountered that problem. That could be more a summer issue as we always go in the winter months. Just don't leave food out or sweet drinks that aren't finished. Don't worry as you have booked a great place to go. If it was as bad as some reviews on trip advisor I don't think there would be as many repeaters.

We are 10 days out for our first trip, and I will let you know how it is. We have been to AI's in Mexico, and also Sandals Negril so we will have some resorts to compare it to. We don't consider ourselves as resort "snobs" so should be able to give a reasonable perspective.