Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Advice for Newcomers to Couples

What is the single biggest piece of advice you would give to our new guests?
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Relax and enjoy the best vacation you will ever have and see you next year

Relax and enjoy everything the resort has to offer. Don't plan anything in advance, just let it happen.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Focus on your partner, the beach and resort are wonderful, but put your attention on your partner and the resort just enhances your experience.

Sign up for Romance Rewards so you can get the benefit of repeat visits and do the "Trading Places" visit to the resort on the same side of the island you're staying on, just in case you decide to become a repeat offender (A.K.A. Couples Junkie)...like those of us who can't come back enough!

Eat, drink & be merry! You WILL return every year...maybe not to the same Couples Resort but you will always return to one of the four. There isn't a better place to stay.

Take the resort tour so you don't miss any part of it!

To do what calls to them, i.e. Lay on the beach all day or do all the excursions, etc. Don't let someone else tell you how to have fun on vacation but know that you WILL have a wonderful time at Couples doing what ever you choose.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Enjoy and experience everything the resort has to offer. Do as much or as little as you want. Have fun and relax. Everything Irie!

Duane & Mary

To not plan anything ahead of time. I am normally a MAJOR planner but sand gravity is VERY powerful when on island time so I've learned (very hard to do for me normally) to just go with the flow mon!

Relax, do Trading Places, expect to plan your next trip before you leave and don't tip Couples employees!

Get to know the staff at the resort. They are the gems in the Couples crown. Truly amazing people. They will be the reason you will leave with thoughts of returning dancing in your mind.

Be adventurous trying new things on the menu. If you don't like it, you can always order something else.

Just relax and enjoy all things the resorts have to offer. Once you visit you will continue to come back and soon Couples will be like family. It will be the best vacation you ever had!!!

Try scuba diving.

I agree with don't plan anything ahead of time except for maybe one off-site excursion. Let things just happen. It is amazing how wonderful it is to just be with your loved one spending time with them and not 'doing' anything. We love Couples for the laid back-ness of the resort. We let each day unfold as it may. We don't make any plans except for the catamaran and reservation restaurant, otherwise we go with the flow. Makes for a very relaxing, enjoying time as well as allows us to reconnect with each other and focus on us. We don't have any children at home, but we do each have jobs and life can sometimes get in the way of spending time with each other and building our relationship. Couples gives us that time that we need to continuing building our relationship together. My final thought would be to allow for 'us' time.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I agree with BobandJudy and make sure to get to know the people who are serving/helping you. The people there are truly what make the experience great. My only other piece of advice would be to bring a Shout pen in case you get a stain on something you want to wear more than once. And bring some bug spray for night time on the beach just in case. The other thing I will be bringing this time is Crystal Lite packets to mix with water when alcoholic beverages are not on the mind. Or even to mix with the complimentary vodka.
    Relax and enjoy everything Couples has to offer. It's an incredible experience. Oh, and definitely try foods you normally wouldn't. I'm not huge on trying new things and I did while I was there. It's so worth it. Their food is wonderful.

Sit back and relax on the warm sands of the beach. Look up and enjoy the endless blue sky broken only by the white puffy clouds that may bring some rain to paradise (that's how it stays so green). Enjoy the gentle caress of the tropical breeze as it washes across your body and cools you off. Listen to the sound of the waves as they touch the sand and quite possibly your toes. Reach out and caress that special someone who is with you and together immerse yourselves into the relaxation of the resort. Hold hands, look into each others eyes, smile a lot, laugh together, make friends with the employees. love the moment, love life, love those around you and most of all love each other. Don't worry about pounds or how your hair looks. Don't worry about what others are doing or not doing. Don't worry about how you look in a swimsuit or if your outfit matches. Dare to be care free and include that significant other in it. Let the warmth of the Jamaican sun and it's people give you memories that you will cherish for a lifetime and want to renew as often as it is allowed. The memories you make in your heart will last a lifetime, may they only be good ones.

Try the AN facilities at least once

OK, this is for Saturday afternoon arrivals to CSA, other days and resorts could benefit but no guarantees.

If food is an issue then get the Club Mobay and fill up there. That way by the time the 90 min ride to Negril is over you are ready to dump your bags in the room, get in your swim suit gear and head to the beach bars. If it is sunny, get a drink, find a floatie and float. If there is an afternoon shower then nustle your way into said beach bar and start partying. Or go swimming in the rain.

My main point here is that the resorts are on automatic. Automatic party!!!!! Ever show up to a party after it started? Yeah, they are already buzzed and you have to catch up. Careful though. You still want to make it to dinner at one of the great places that night. My analogy is that of a highway. The folks at the resort are already going 60. Can you run up the on-ramp and blend into traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    Sit back and relax on the warm sands of the beach. Look up and enjoy the endless blue sky broken only by the white puffy clouds that may bring some rain to paradise (that's how it stays so green). Enjoy the gentle caress of the tropical breeze as it washes across your body and cools you off. Listen to the sound of the waves as they touch the sand and quite possibly your toes. Reach out and caress that special someone who is with you and together immerse yourselves into the relaxation of the resort. Hold hands, look into each others eyes, smile a lot, laugh together, make friends with the employees. love the moment, love life, love those around you and most of all love each other. Don't worry about pounds or how your hair looks. Don't worry about what others are doing or not doing. Don't worry about how you look in a swimsuit or if your outfit matches. Dare to be care free and include that significant other in it. Let the warmth of the Jamaican sun and it's people give you memories that you will cherish for a lifetime and want to renew as often as it is allowed. The memories you make in your heart will last a lifetime, may they only be good ones.
    This post deserves the "post of the year" award.

Some sage advice up there. Mine is pretty much exclusive to CSA as that is our Couples of choice. But hopefully it will give some thought and ideas to all Couples visitors, regardless of which property they may be headed to.

And so:

Relax, traveling is a hassle. But once you get on the ground in MoBay let your cares go. Even going through immigration, waiting for luggage and going through customs, relax you really are on vacation. You will get to your Couples of choice in due time but please, please don't be in a hurry.

Do try new foods. Let go of the "steak and potatoes" attitude. Try seafood, try Jamaican veggies. If you are going to CSA, breakfast at Palms is an experience not to be missed. Not only for the array of food available, but get a table overlooking the pool and the beach if you can. It is absolutely one of my favorite places and times at CSA. Take meals at a leisurely pace, a time to talk and relax with your partner and maybe some friends. Don't rush meals, it really can be a great part of the Couples experience, not just a time to "fill up". Try as many of the restaurants as possible during your stay. Make reservations, try the buffet, eat something you can tell stories about when you get home. Oh, and another CSA item: go and listen to the two gentlemen that play cello and guitar a couple of mornings a week at breakfast in the Palms, sorry I don't remember what days. They are amazing, their music brings tears to my eyes.

Go to all the bars at least once. Speak to the bartenders, most of them are extremely receptive and even entertaining. Not all of them are loud and boisterous, but nearly all of them that I have taken the time to speak to have been interesting and appreciative of some friendly conversation. They will remember you the rest of your stay, and maybe even next year (some of them are amazing like that). Again if you are going to CSA; go to the martini bar, upstairs from the Palms. It is, in my opinion, the best bar at CSA. Great drinks, a lot of fun and a great place to meet up with friends before dinner, regardless of where you are eating. Many of the drinks on the menus on display at the bars are very sweet, but if you are game to try that sort of thing they are very tasty. And don't complain about there only being Red Stripe beer available most times. It is Jamaica, it is their national beer product and it ain't all bad.

Go to some of the entertainment events through the week. Not all events are for everyone, but you should at least go give a listen or a look. You might be surprised at how much talent is on display.

Make friends. You will meet people from all over the place and most of them are happy to laugh it up, share a drink or a meal, hang out at the pool or the beach and share their Couples experiences with you.

Most of my suggestions have to do with the staff and things available on the property as part of your Couples all inclusive package. In nine trips to CSA we have not found the need to leave the property for additional entertainment or distractions. We love the beach and the things I have listed are the things we enjoy between our time spent on the beach, and to enhance the precious time we spend together on vacation. I think that is what makes all that other stuff so enjoyable, we get to experience it together without having to fret about the everyday worries and things that take time away from each other at home. After all, isn't that what a vacation is all about?

Have a great trip! You will love Couples, I promise.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Enjoy Negril and the people of the island. Get to know them! Enjoy the love of your relationship while doing whatever you are drawn to do in paradise. The warmth of the sun, the food and drinks, the amazing scenery, and the company you keep!

Try the soups!!!!

Ah yes, the soups!!!, and anything Chocolate!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast