Default help with couples negril

We will staying at CN for our wedding and honeymoon in Nov. We have been to Jamaica but not a Couples . Right now we are staying in a garden view but after seeing the suites and reviews I would really like to upgrade to a suite! Any thoughts or opinions would be wonderful!!! Best location? I have heard rooms need updating and are somewhat run down. Also there is traffic noise in some of the buildings... Please help! I want this to be perfect!

Depends on how you look at it - for many of us repeaters, we know that (even on your honeymoon) you won't spend near as much time in your room as you think - so many people just book the cheapest room (which sometimes means you can stay longer). For others, like my husband, the room type isn't important, but the view is. He likes to be able to see the ocean from our balcony, so we always book the room type with the best view. It's really up to what you think you will want.

When people 'complain' that the rooms are outdated and need run down I think it's because they had different expectations and never bothered to look at the online photos before they arrived. For one, the rooms that you see on the website (particularly the 360 degree views from inside) are exactly what they look like - no trick photography. But they are Caribbean meaning it's not the Ritz Carlton. There are tile floors and the dressers are wicker basket drawers. Some people expect marble and cedar, so to them the room may not live up to this.

For noise, if you are in a building near the evening entertainment, then you may be able to hear it until it ends around 10pm. Other than that, NO WORRIES!

Your honeymoon will be perfect - no problem, mon! Just relax and have fun!

I'm also happy to share pics and the resort map if that helps - amy.welch@hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by PeteandSarah View Post
    We will staying at CN for our wedding and honeymoon in Nov. We have been to Jamaica but not a Couples . Right now we are staying in a garden view but after seeing the suites and reviews I would really like to upgrade to a suite! Any thoughts or opinions would be wonderful!!! Best location? I have heard rooms need updating and are somewhat run down. Also there is traffic noise in some of the buildings... Please help! I want this to be perfect!
    Congrats on you r upcoming wedding and honeymoon. We spent our honeymoon at Couples in 2009.

We have always had an ocean view room and been completely satisfied. All of the "non suite" rooms are exactly the same, the building location being the only difference. The rooms are fine; they aren't Ritz Carlton, but they aren't Motel 6 either. They are perfectly comfortable, clean and well maintained. Every now and then some might need routine refurbishing, but that is the norm everywhere. As for traffic noise, we have stayed in Bldg 8 twice and Bldg 7 once, both of which are right on the road. Never had any distractions from traffic noise. You'll hear far more coming from the entertainment at night than you will from the road. By the way, Bldg 8 is "as far as you can get" from the beach, since it's on the outside edge of the property ... and we were a mere 75 yards from the beach!

Relax. It will be perfect, I guarantee, because you will be in paradise with the one you love. The service and friendliness of the staff can't be beat.

FWIW - we ARE getting a beachfront suite this year because, well just because my wife wanted to. Is it worth the money ... maybe not. Is it worth her being overjoyed with the enormous bathroom and being only steps from the beach ... absolutely!

See you in November!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We always book a Garden View so we can stay an extra day. Like Amy said, you really won't be spending much time in your room except to sleep and do what couple's do but really, the beds are the same in each. If you want to make it extra special since its your honeymoon then by all means upgrade but either way you won't be disappointed.

On our first and only trip, we stayed in the Garden suite. We are returning in June and will do the same thing. In addition to it being cheaper, it is an awesome view in its own right. I loved sipping coffee in the morning on my balcony and taking in the sounds, smells, and foliage found only in the tropics.

Pete and Sarah,
    We stayed in a garden suite on our last trip (our 25th anniversary) but are staying in a garden room this trip. The suite was wonderful but as Amy said above, we choose more days over a bigger room this trip. However the Mrs. has already told me that she will miss the hammock. Also, not to totally restate Amy but we found that we were not in the room that much. One perk to the suites is the in room dining. That was the most romantic meal we had in years. The service was great and the presentation effort that was taken was top notch. Good luck with your decision. I don't personally think you can go wrong with any room class.

We always stay in a garden view room, as it is the least expensive but we aren't in the room much more than to sleep. We had rooms by the road and near the entertainment. We hardly ever heard any noise that bothered us. You will have a great time, no matter where your room is.
    Everything IRIE!

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Depends on how you look at it - for many of us repeaters, we know that (even on your honeymoon) you won't spend near as much time in your room as you think - so many people just book the cheapest room (which sometimes means you can stay longer). For others, like my husband, the room type isn't important, but the view is. He likes to be able to see the ocean from our balcony, so we always book the room type with the best view. It's really up to what you think you will want.
    I like a nice view so we do tend to book a higher category room. We booked the Beachfront Suite for our trip to CN this Nov. Hubby's job is pretty demanding and being away for more than a week at one time is difficult for him so getting a cheaper room to stay longer is irrelevant for us since we can only stay a week at a time.

We leave on Sat and return on Sat (gives us Sun to regroup before going back to work). Since we only go for a week at a time, we are able to take 2 separate vacations each year... we prefer it that way. Not so long to wait in between. We just went to CSS in March and will be going to CN in Nov. We booked the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite at CSS but that was more for convenience (less stairs and close to most things) but I liked our room a lot and we had a very nice view. We are actually in our room more than others, I think. I like to go to breakfast and then back to the room for a bit to chill and get ready for the beach. We also go back to our room a little earlier in the afternoon/evening to beat the "shower rush/prime time" and just chill in the room for awhile before dinner. We are out on the balcony/patio, enjoying the view during that down time and later in the evening.

Again, different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by lsm1212; April 9th, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Typo
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I love the garden suite at Couples Negril....the other rooms are fine but I love having the big bathroom, the balcony, the hammock and the larger room. For a 1 week stay, we need the space to spread out. I think we spend more time in our room than other couples, we usually sleep in, go get breakfast and head to the beach, eat lunch, take a nap, more beach time, then go get ready for dinner, and we're back in the room for bed around 11. I'm sure you'll be fine either way but for me, it's garden or beachfront suite all the way.

Thank you everyone!!!! I greatly appreciate the feedback!!! Oh decisions decisions!!!??? I'm open to any advise on the resort,weddings or activities!!!!

My husband and I were married at CN this past December and it was absolutely amazing!! Our wedding was perfect and our room was gorgeous. We booked the Beachfront Suite because I wanted the huge bathroom to get ready in. I was so glad that we had this!! Also, we were in Building 6 on the 3rd floor and had probably the best view in the whole resort. We were there with 14 other couples and everyone that came to our room couldn't believe the view we had. Since you are going for your wedding/honeymoon, I would definitely suggest you book the Beachfront Suite. You only have one wedding/honeymoon so live it up! And about the traffic noise, we were able to hear the music from the restaurant a couple nights, but it's over by 10 so it was never a problem. No matter what room you choose, you will be happy. Hope you have a great time! We are going to CSA this December for our 3rd trip to Jamaica in 3 years

Here are some pictures of the view from our room. I am sure you have seen pics of the inside of the rooms on TripAdvisor or some place else, so I didn't post those.

Name:  PC110259.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  307.7 KB
    Name:  68866_1638510045002_1549861508_n.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  75.5 KB

Now THAT is a view! Maybe we'll have that room come November.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Beachfront all the way! We have enjoyed the suites for many years.. Love, love , love the airy feeling, big bathroom with jacuzzi, extra large balcony with hammock and great ocean view.. (Building 5 may have obstructed views, depending on floor). We like retreating to the room throughout the day for a nap, alone time .. just any time to get out of the sun.. we prefer the breezy balcony with a view to hanging out at the bar. Go for a high floor when checking in for ultimate privacy. It's your Honeymoon.. make it unforgettable!!
    Name:  089.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  271.3 KB

Finally! Others who do spend some time in their room We do too, and that is why we are going for the Beach Front Suite this December!
    Congratulations to you both

Thanks everyone!!! This message board is the best!!!!!!

I don't mean to engage in semantics, but "perfect" is a pretty high bar. I tend to shoot for "pretty darned good" and am pleasantly surprised when things turn out perfectly.