Hybrid View

Default Passport question.. :/

My husband and I are booked for a trip to CN in June.. We both have never been out of the country before and there for have never had passports, We applied for them together and they were sent off the same time now when I checked the status of them it says his is being shipped to the house processing is complete, mine still says wait 4-6wks for processing... My question is should I be worried? Why would it take so long for mine to process? I may just be a worry wort I dont want anything getting in the way of our trip this is the second time we have booked the first time we booked we had unexpected family issues come up and had to cancel. Has anyone else experienced this before??

You can call the state department and ask, they are always really helpful. My husband's passport renewal was questioned because he was issued a new ID 15 days before he applied (he lost his). He had to submit additional verification papers, including a photocopy of his high school yearbook. It was interesting to see him with hair :P Anyway my recommendation is to just call!! GL!!

Make the call to the state department to inquire about the status, but you still have plenty of time to get the passports. I know it is nerve wracking to have to wait for things out of your control, but you have allowed enough time for the wheels of government to make their slow roll to completing your paper work. It may just be a lag in the update, check it again (I'm sure you have by now) and yours may also soon be in the "shipped" stage as well. My wife and I applied for our first passports, some years ago, at the same time and they arrived a few days apart. Hang in there, I think things will be fine.

Have a great trip!

We had quite a scare when we applied for our passports 3 years ago. We made the decision to go to CSS in February with our trip planned for March. Applied for the passports and paid for expedited processing. Guess what? The post office LOST their own package! Talk about freaking out! Not only did we not have passports, but all our personal information was out there somewhere! We had to reapply, pay for everything again and hope they get processed in time. The guy at the post office worked very hard to get things done and thankfully we got the passports well before we needed them. And also got a refund for the double payment. Then the post office "found" the package somewhere on a truck in Pennsylvania. It sure was nice to get to CSS and SSB to relax after all that stress!!!

UPDATE**** So I was informed I have a warrant for my arrest in a state I have never lived in for Fraud so my passport was denied... We are currently working with investigators to get this all straightened out but Im not sure if it will be fixed and ill have my passport by June. Im heart broken and praying every day this gets worked out as quickly as possible

Quote Originally Posted by jluecks23 View Post
    UPDATE**** So I was informed I have a warrant for my arrest in a state I have never lived in for Fraud so my passport was denied... We are currently working with investigators to get this all straightened out but Im not sure if it will be fixed and ill have my passport by June. Im heart broken and praying every day this gets worked out as quickly as possible
    Oh my.... I would be checking all of my personal information. Sounds like identity theft. :-( Hope you get it all fixed before your trip.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Good luck on getting this fixed. Hope you get it resolved and take your trip. CN is a wonderful place.

ID theft?

Oh my! That's terrible! You may need to get lawyer involved too just to get this wrapped up. A friend of mine was arrested when she got pulled over and there was a warrant out for her arrest for not showing up to court for an accident she never had. Identity theft was the cause of that one.
    I've sent up a prayer that you get this resolved and get to go "home" once and for all. You'll love Negril!

Hoping you get this fix soon!

OMG jluecks23... I wish you all the best in getting it figured out and being able to take your trip.

xx fingers crossed for you xx

Wow, that's aweful ... Hope that it gets worked out so you can enjoy some relaxation!