Default How do we manage guests for wedding?

We are looking forward to getting married at CN. I know that there will be some family members who will want to join us. Since this will be our combination wedding/honeymoon, I do not feel comfortable having family stay at CN with us. I recall from a previous trip to CN that there were very nice resorts bordering CN on either side. Has anyone ever had guests stay at one of the adjoining resorts?

Or there is another Couples resort close by... CSA I think. If guests stay at CSA, can we get free day passes between the resorts? What about transportation between the two?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to handle family that would like to share our special day, and also to help keep our honeymoon a special time for the two of us?

If it makes any difference, my hope is to spend 13-14 days there. I have been there previously for 10 days.

Csa is 5 minutes away from cn. If your guests sign up for the "Romance rewards" and do the Trading places perk, it should work out. They provide a bus transfer to the resort but it's limited to 10 couples and runs on m-w-and Fridays I believe. 10am-4pm. There is always the chance that it might be full so sign up early when they check in.
    They could buy a ceremony pass for two hours, or a half day pass also. Ceremony passes are 50 dollars I believe but you might want to verify this info. Good luck!

Csa is 5 minutes away from cn. If your guests sign up for the "Romance rewards" and do the Trading places perk, it should work out. They provide a bus transfer to the resort but it's limited to 10 couples and runs on m-w-and Fridays I believe. 10am-4pm. There is always the chance that it might be full so sign up early when they check in.
    They could buy a ceremony pass for two hours, or a half day pass also. Ceremony passes are 50 dollars I believe but you might want to verify this info. Good luck!

We are getting married at CSA in November this year and we have family staying next door at Beaches. I sent out an little note in the invitations suggesting Beaches with all the necessary information.

Our wedding is at 10 am so after the wedding we'll be purchasing half day passes and heading over to the other resort to spend the day with friends and family and have dinner as a group. For the wedding we will have to purchase the $50 ceremony passes for our guests.

Congratulations on your engagement.

Canuckian Girl

Canuckian Girl

Well, you can only suggest that your family and friends stay at another resort. Unless you're paying for their resort reservation, you can't dictate where they stay.

Here's another option for you: Do a split trip. Stay at CN with extended family and enjoy celebrating your wedding day with them. The day after the wedding, transfer to CSA (or CTI or CSS) for your honeymoon. You'll get the privacy that you want (and understandably so) for your honeymoon without making family members feel like you don't want them around.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I say it's your honeymoon and destination wedding... Of course you want to be alone! Family and friends should understand and respect that! We are getting married as CN Nov.30 and the few guests that are considering coming are looking to stay close by! I think Canuckian Girl is handling perfectly! This is a ones in a lifetime special occasion for the bride and groom after all!!

My little hint that I wish I would have done-personal greetings, ceremony time reminder cards, and thank yous to our guests rooms. We had small cards and gifts for a few, but not all. The front desk staff is happy to make deliveries to rooms if they are given the full name of your guest-even faster if you have room numbers! That would have saved me a lot of running around while we were there.