Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We arrived on April 13 around 330pm. I was very worried about the lines at the airport. We were the only plane at the time and zipped right through. So glad I didn't waste the money.

Just bought and used this for a Saturday in April with 8 planes coming in within 30 minutes of us. It ended up being a complete waste of money. We were the FIRST plane to land (totally by chance I know). So we were through only 5 minutes before the rest of our flight and had to wait for our bags. Everyone else waited less than an hour. Had we been the last plane to land in that time frame we would've needed it. After travelling 16 hours to get there I didn't want to have to wait another minute. While it was a waste of money on this trip (by pure luck), we might consider getting it again, who knows.

I'll post my full review once I get some more time - we just got home and it still hurts haha. But the food was terrible at the arrival lounge, it was crowded and we had only about 5 minutes until we were put on a shuttle. It was all very rushed and the lounge itself didn't seem to be worth the money either compared to the couples. However, we did meet Jimmy Fallon in the arrival lounge! He's very nice!! My husband thought that alone was worth the $110

We did not do the departure service - but wish we had because we had a 4 hour delay! We ended up missing all connections and getting home a full day later..... US airways tried really hard to ruin our vacation on the way home The hotel in Charlotte says US airways keeps them in business - but other people we met that fly often from Jamaica haven't had issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmski View Post
    Just booked my club MOBay,not having second thoughts, but now considering TimAir air taxi! It kind of defeats the purpose, getting to cut the lines only to wait for the other guest to make it through! Why drive when you can fly! I'll post upon our return to let you know how it went. 11days!
    You won't have to wait for other guests who would have been in line with you. We used the MoBay arrival service in mid-March (on a Sat) and we left for the resort about 15 minutes after we arrived at the lounge. People are landing before you and those will be the ones you will ride to the resort with. We zipped through in about 10 minutes using the MoBay service. Where it would have been about 1 1/2 hours.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

My wife and I just got back from our trip to CSS, April 13th - 20th. We didn't purchase the MoBay and we really had no need. It took us 30 minutes to get thru Customs/Immigration when we landed. Actually I think that is record time. On departure, I would have to say it was only 15 minutes. Our arrival time was 1:45pm and departure was at 1:30pm, both Saturdays.

Well your gonna get lots of opinions on this. We arrived on Sat 20th and left sat the 27th, to CSS. We did both and that was the BEST money spent. Lines were at LEAST two hours. Lady told us that picked us up Saturdays have been horrible and its gonna get worse now do to all the different immigration laws etc. So we were SO glad we did it. 15 mins in and out and on the bus!

We arrived March 30 along with 3 other plans it was awful getting through the lines We took mobay back home best $ we ever spent Sat must be the most popular day for Arrivals ! We just book another trip for 2014 and without a thought took Club Mobay both ways
    takes all the stress away

Everyone giving the DATES they arrived is great, but I'd really like to know more what specific TIME you arrived! For instance, we arrive this Saturday (yay!) at approximately 9:45 (our plane is supposed to arrive at 9:52, but for the past few days it's been arriving at 9:35-ish- yay!). What are the lines like during that time?
    Thanks!

we are arriving on a sunday. that is the day we usually fly, sunday to sunday. i did get a quote for the arrival service, being 55usd per person. so 110usd total for us. we dont care about the departure, we always get to the airport plenty early and like to shop and such. but, now trying to decide if we want to purchase clubmobay arrival, or just do timair again, which would cost 250usd total. our flight lands at 2pm and flightstats does not have flight info for that far out. decisions decisions!

Just consider it a gamble. Roll the dice. If you don't buy the arrival package, losing results in a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait on line after an already long day of traveling that you could have avoided for $55 pp. Add to this that if your SO knows you chose not to spend a few extra bucks to avoid the long hot wait, he/she might be less than happy with your travel planning skills right from the start. A win let's you skip to the front of all the lines while the people who have been waiting are thinking "why didn't we pay for that".

S/F
    Scott and June

Quote Originally Posted by D&A913 View Post

I'll post my full review once I get some more time - we just got home and it still hurts haha. But the food was terrible at the arrival lounge, it was crowded and we had only about 5 minutes until we were put on a shuttle. It was all very rushed and the lounge itself didn't seem to be worth the money either compared to the couples. However, we did meet Jimmy Fallon in the arrival lounge! He's very nice!! My husband thought that alone was worth the $110

"The" Jimmy Fallon?? That is the coolest story! He is so entertaining and funny! I wonder where he stays in Jamaica???

We are booked to arrive for our first trip to CSA on Saturday, August 17th and returning the following Saturday. I think we are going to get Club Mobay for the departure since our plane leaves at 2:00pm. I am on the fence for the arrival, since our plane lands at 9:50am. Does anyone have any insight on flying in early like that on a Saturday? Is it busy all day long or more in the afternoon?

I have a quick question for anyone who has used the arrival service. We have booked the service (for next Friday! Yay!) and the letter says they will meet us at the bottom of the ramp. Um, which ramp? The one off the plane, or the one down into the immigration hall? (I am notorious for not noticing things and can easily see myself wandering past the designated point).

We saw Jimmy Fallon leaving Jamaica on April 18th. My husband kept looking at him and saying...."that guy is somebody".....lol. He was with his wife and they both looked tired like all of us. Didnt approach him but it was kinda cool anyways.

Just back from 10 days at CTI and used the Club Mobay services both ways. All I can say is "fabulous"! They meet you at the bottom of the first ramp after you arrive (can't miss it) and take great care of you all the way! Cheap money for such first class service. Plus the drinks, food and service at the departure lounge were second to none! Say Hi to Dave and Shaunareka for us!

We landed Saturday April 27th at 10 am and were thru immigration and customs in 10 minutes - checked bags and all. If we landed later in the day likely worth it. The return trip next Saturday had more people in club mobay security line than regular - drinks were nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2