Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Club MoBay - Arrival on a Saturday in May

Does anyone have feedback on how busy Sangstar is on a Saturday in May? We're trying to decide if the $80 for Club MoBay arrival (fast-track the immigration line) is worth it or not?

TIA!

We're going next weekend on Saturday and returning the next Saturday. Our flight gets into MBJ at about 10am and leaves about 12:40pm the next week. I'll post on how it goes, but following others tips we booked it. Saturdays tend to be busy. We used flight tracker and found that there were several flights scheduled to land before or after us. All it takes is a little delay to really mess up your day...
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

It's $55 a person for arrival only. $80 is for arrival and departure. We are debating for a Saturday in April. Check out flightstats.com

Same here... We will be arriving May 4th

We are also arriving May 4th! For the last 5 years we have always traveled to Jamaica in May on the first or second Saturday of the month -earliest arrival 10am, lastest 1pm. The first year was a disaster for we flew Jamaica Air and the baggage handlers went on strike on OUR flight. It then took 3 hours to get our luggage. After that we always fly Delta and it has taken 45 min - 1 hour from deboarding the plane to sitting in the bus or cab. It seems that they are aware of high traffic and are very well staffed. Lines may seem long but they go very fast. To me, it's not worth the extra $$. Leaving Jamaica, we love to sit at Margaritaville for one last Red Stripe.

Great info, D&A - thanks!
    I'd love to hear your thoughts when you're back, SusanL.

We arrived yesterday, Saturday, march 30 at 11:40am. I am confident we saved ourselves AT LEAST an hour and 45 minutes by purchasing Club Mobay arrival/departure service. The immigration line was longer than we had even seen it in our previous 4 trips. It started well before the ramp. We bypassed 100's of people. I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't purchased it. In the future we will always purchase it. Even if its only this advantageous (bypassing such a huge line), 1/2 the time I buy it, it's well worth it for the assurance. We were off our plane and on our way to CSA within 45 minutes of arriving on a busy Saturday of Easter weekend! If you can afford it, buy it.

Just curious about when the bus leaves the airport for Couples resorts. If a person doesnt purchase the MoBay arrival pass, will the bus wait for all travellors or is there more than one bus? We arrive early on a Friday morning and wonder how busy it usually is.

There are busses that run all day. no worries mon.

We purchased Club Mobay for arrival and departure on a Thursday. Let me say it was the best thing we did. We flew thru immigration and security while people were standing in line (Spring Break). Had a opportunity for a drink and a bite to eat. Within 30 minutes we were on a bus to the resort. Just make sure when you check in with Couples at airport that you let them know you will be at Club Mobay waiting. We didn't and the bus was waiting on us. On the way back from Jamaica we had arrange to take the Interlink flight to MBJ. We had bad weather the morning we were to fly out of Negril and our flight was cancelled. We ended up taking a Taxi to MBJ. If it wasn't for Club Mobay getting us thru as quickly as they do we would have missed out flight out. Best money ever spent. Just sayin'.

Club MoBay was best thing we ever did.... did not use it on the way in as our flight was 4 hours late out of Atlanta so there was NO ONE else in the airport when we flew in, BUT on the way home on a Saturday, the line was CRAZY long, and my poor husband was sick, and we pulled out our club mobay (which we got complimentary when we booked with our travel place) and we went past all of them! Then down to the nice comfy lounge, and it was amazing. We tell everyone how it was so worth it not to have to wait in line and to have a nice place to wait till the flight leaves. We would pay for it next time, just for the convenience
    Rhonda & Tom
    CSS: July 2012

We used it on April 6th and April 13th. April 6th it was worth it's weight in gold. It took longer to walk from the plane to immigration than it did to get through both immigration and customs. We had no wait while others looked at us like wth? We got to the Couples Lounge, checked in - went next door to the Club Mobay lounge and only had time for a cool towel before our shuttle was ready (no, you do not have to wait for the rest of your plane or others to clear Immigration & Customs). In all it was about 15 minutes from plane to shuttle bus!

For departure it was faster through security than the normal line again and the lounge was nice. They had nice drinks, and lots of great snacks (sandwiches, tapas, muffins, cookies etc.) constantly replenished and fresh. Overall the service was very well worth the $ spent and we'd use it again - for the arrival alone!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanL0412 View Post
    We used it on April 6th and April 13th. April 6th it was worth it's weight in gold. It took longer to walk from the plane to immigration than it did to get through both immigration and customs. We had no wait while others looked at us like wth? We got to the Couples Lounge, checked in - went next door to the Club Mobay lounge and only had time for a cool towel before our shuttle was ready (no, you do not have to wait for the rest of your plane or others to clear Immigration & Customs). In all it was about 15 minutes from plane to shuttle bus!

For departure it was faster through security than the normal line again and the lounge was nice. They had nice drinks, and lots of great snacks (sandwiches, tapas, muffins, cookies etc.) constantly replenished and fresh. Overall the service was very well worth the $ spent and we'd use it again - for the arrival alone!
    This. Same thing for us but we arrived on Sat, March 16th around 1pm. And left around 12:45pm on the following Sat, March 23rd. We saved a TON of time on arrival. The line was up the ramp. We were at the Couples/MoBay Lounge in about 10 minutes after meeting up with our MoBay agent. Departure was nice as well. We were able to bypass the long security line. And the lounge was nice with free snacks and drinks. We are going back in Nov and I've already booked the MoBay passes for us as this trip will be over the T-Day holiday week and will be even more busy, I'm sure. Hubby and I feel it's well worth the money since neither of us are very patient when it comes to lines. LOL
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Thanks Susan! I appreciate you coming back to this to update!

Thanks for the info. We arrive on Saturday April 27th at 11AM from Boston. We are still deciding if we will do this. As of right now we are leaning towards yes....

We are arriving on Wednesday June 5 and departing on Wednesday June 12. Any idea what the airport is like on Wednesdays?

Is it worth the money for Club MoBay if you only use it to get through customs and baggage claim quickly? I like to go to the Couples lounge and hang out there...

We are coming in May 19th around 2pm. How do I find out how many planes are landing that day? I went to flight tracker but can't seem to figure out how many planes land.

Arriving this Saturday and did arrival and departure will let you know, we figured it wouldn't hurt. We usually fly in on a Tuesday or Wednesday and its been so fast so a Saturday should be interesting to see. Doesn't matter how long we are on vaca ( smile)

We have used Club MoBay for departure twice but did not know about it for arrivals? So far we have bought our Club MoBay tickets at the resort since we were only using them for our departures. I didn't even know there was a option for arrivals. Is this new? We were there in July 2012 and will return in July 2013. How/Where do you get the tickets for arrival? I assume these are two separate lounges, one for arrival near the Couples lounge and a different one that we have used for departures down an elevator off the regular concourse.... Any help would be appreciated!

I am also wondering about Wednesday arrivals and departures. Is it worth it to buy the package?

Will be curious to read an update after your return. We are also flying out of Boston (Sat 18 May) and have booked the arrival and departure service.

CMCindyA - to get arrival service you go to their web page at clubmobay.com and email them. They will send you a form to fill out with your flight info etc. then call you (you choose a convenient time) to get your CC information. You won't need actual tickets. The agent will meet you at the bottom of the ramp when you get off the plane. They will have a placard made up with your name on it. They'll walk you through the process. The arrivals lounge is separate, it's right next to the Couples lounge so you won't have to go out of your way for anything!

Arrival service is fairly new.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Just booked my club MOBay,not having second thoughts, but now considering TimAir air taxi! It kind of defeats the purpose, getting to cut the lines only to wait for the other guest to make it through! Why drive when you can fly! I'll post upon our return to let you know how it went. 11days!

we arrived Sat, April 13 and left Saturday, April 20. It was worth every penny! I bet we saved 60-90 minutes arriving and about 30-45 minutes departing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast