Default CSS blind duck.....

Just over a month until we are "home". Can anybody tell us if the blind duck is still by the lake at CSS? We discovered him last May and fed him everyday. We had heard that his mate had been run over awhile back. Looking forward to taking my morning mimosa and a plate of bread to the lake/pond , feeding the turtles and hopefully the duck.

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    Just over a month until we are "home". Can anybody tell us if the blind duck is still by the lake at CSS? We discovered him last May and fed him everyday. We had heard that his mate had been run over awhile back. Looking forward to taking my morning mimosa and a plate of bread to the lake/pond , feeding the turtles and hopefully the duck.
    He was still there in December. Let us know when you get back how he's doing!

S/F
    Scott and June

Sadly, the blind duck is gone, killed by some stray dogs. I loved to feed those two ducks too, and I missed them this January. Adrian, one of the groundskeepers told me they plan to get two more Muscovy ducks.

Chris

That's to bad. He'll be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    Sadly, the blind duck is gone, killed by some stray dogs.
    Chris
    I bet he never saw it coming.

(I know that was soooo wrong, but I couldn't stop myself).

Default Bread is bad for ducks

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    It's lovely that you wanted to feed the blind duck that was at CSS. I, too, used to feed ducks bread but then I learned that bread is actually harmful for ducks. Here is some info from Duck Rescue Network:

When wild ducks are fed human food (especially bread or crackers) their organs become engorged and fatty, which can cause them to suffer from heart disease, liver problems and other health complications. Bread also has very few nutrients, and can get compacted in a bird's crop. Many rehabilitators see "bread-impacted crop" in sick and distressed park ducks.

Wildlife experts recommend not feeding wild ducks at all, but if you still want to feed them here are some healthy alternatives that won't harm the ducks (again, from Duck Rescue Network):

If you still insist on feeding ducks or other waterfowl, please do not feed them bread. Substitute cheerios, grapes cut in half, a thawed bag of frozen peas or corn, or kale, romaine or other leafy greens (not iceberg lettuce).

That should be easy enough to do, right? Just save some grapes or romaine lettuce or cheerios (does Couples have cheerios?) from your breakfast or lunch while at Couples, then head over to the pond to feed the ducks. It's a win-win. We humans get some wonderful wildlife bonding time and the ducks get food that won't cause them to get sick or have health-related issues later.

That just makes me very very sad.......

Shame on you Angel!!! Ok so I laughed but its so wrong.

That's a shame, did you ever see all of the people who fed and took care of him?......... Neither did he!

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    I bet he never saw it coming.

(I know that was soooo wrong, but I couldn't stop myself).
    Please you should have stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer49 View Post
    That's a shame, did you ever see all of the people who fed and took care of him?......... Neither did he!
    Ha ha ha ha! I see I'm not the only one with a sense of humor.