Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Hold them up for her?
    I'd gladly "help"! However, the tan lines would be great conversation topics when we strip down at SSB! It also might be frowned upon at the tanning salon.

I suggest mixing up flat and standup booths, to get better coverage. Otherwise, you will get white shadows.

~Steve

Maybe using the stand up booth, every couple minutes you could stand on your hands. Should tan evenly then.

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    Maybe using the stand up booth, every couple minutes you could stand on your hands. Should tan evenly then.
    Haha, I suggested that to her already. Almost got smacked for it!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Hubby and I always pre tan before we go...but we are nudists so we go to our local nudist resort and tan there. But living in Colorado, it has been a bit cold lately. We have 4 weekends before we get to Jamaica so hopefully it will be nice enough to go up to "our mountain". When we went to Jamaica before joining "our mountain" we did the tanning booths and it worked well, but don't be deceived, just because you pre tan, you can still get burned. I burned my butt the first year and it hurt...so I highly suggest still using sun screen. You will still leave with a wonderful tan.

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    Ok, another question for the experienced tanners....Wife is a bit...."busty", she is concerned that using a stand-up tanning booth would leave areas untanned under her breast. If she uses a table tanning bed, would it leave areas untanned on her sides. Anyone know a good work around for this? How do you prevent the tan lines from your own body parts?
    Just use a lay-down bed, lay down on your belly and lift the girls up..works for me. But, it's really not that big of a deal. In my 6 trips to Jamaica, no one has lifted up my boobs to check for tan lines under them. ...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Morris View Post
    Hubby and I always pre tan before we go...but we are nudists so we go to our local nudist resort and tan there. But living in Colorado, it has been a bit cold lately. We have 4 weekends before we get to Jamaica so hopefully it will be nice enough to go up to "our mountain". When we went to Jamaica before joining "our mountain" we did the tanning booths and it worked well, but don't be deceived, just because you pre tan, you can still get burned. I burned my butt the first year and it hurt...so I highly suggest still using sun screen. You will still leave with a wonderful tan.
    Thanks! We are definitely aware that we still must use sunscreen in Jamaica. Just want to cut down the risk of a burn while there. We've discovered she burns easily I the beds after 7 mins. I have been going in for 5-6 minutes and not really burnt yet (keeping fingers crossed).
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

The color of ones skin is not important! The Sun doesn't care. Why should you!

Just come out and have a good time.
    CSS October 2012, CSS July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofbeers View Post
    The color of ones skin is not important! The Sun doesn't care. Why should you!

Just come out and have a good time.
    Not worried about not having a tan and blinding people with my bare white ass, I'm worried about burning my white ass and not being able to sit the entire trip!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

I do a little of both table and stand up. I kinda rotate while in the table beds but find that a stand up bed works to help even out my sides. I share your wife's "busty" problem and find that I have to "arrange" myself to make sure all parts get some of the light. My husband "checks me over" to make sure all parts are getting an even tan. I am sure you can help your wife with this as well.

Personally, I think pre-tanning is crap. Just slather on the sunscreen, wear a hat, don't be in the sun for huge long extended lengths of time, and you'll be ok. I am pale as can be and burn very easily in the sun. Never done A/N, didn't pre-tan...and didn't burn while at CTI either. I was just vigilant about reapplying sunscreen throughout the day (and would put it on my entire body while still in the room before getting dressed) and did just fine.

Ok, another question for the experienced tanners....Wife is a bit...."busty", she is concerned that using a stand-up tanning booth would leave areas untanned under her breast. If she uses a table tanning bed, would it leave areas untanned on her sides. Anyone know a good work around for this? How do you prevent the tan lines from your own body parts?
    We do a combination of both.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Wife and I don't get naked outdoors much....if ever. Was wondering if we should bother to pre-tan at a tanning booth before going to SSB to prevent burning body parts that have rarely seen the light of day???? Anyone have any input?
    FROM USA TODAY......................

Tanning beds could soon come with a warning label, alerting users to the risk of skin cancer and noting that the devices shouldn't be used by people under 18.

Those changes could come through a new proposal from the Food and Drug Administration, which today announced plans to change the way that the sunlamps used in tanning beds are regulated.

Under the proposed change, tanning lamps would be considered class 2 devices, in the same category as CT scanners, which also expose people to radiation, Shuren said.

If the proposed order is finalized, "there will be requirements that products have to meet in order to go on the market," Shuren said. Tanning machines also will warn customers not to use them if they have skin cancer or open skin lesions, or if they have a family history of skin cancer.

An FDA advisory panel first suggested making the change in 2010, Shuren said.

Reviewing tanning machines before they're sold would help the FDA ensure they're working safely, Shuren said.

Tanning lamps expose people to 10 times as much ultraviolet light as the sun, Shuren said. The World Health Organization classifies ultraviolet light as a carcinogen, in the same category as cigarette smoke.

Just one session in a tanning booth increases the risk of melanoma by 74%, Shuren said.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Definately yes and then reapply sunscreen and you will be fine.

Wife and I don't get naked outdoors much....if ever. Was wondering if we should bother to pre-tan at a tanning booth before going to SSB to prevent burning body parts that have rarely seen the light of day???? Anyone have any input?
    We've done it both ways. DH is very fair skinned and burned the first time, despite sunscreen. I burned the second time--severely. I was in intense pain for much of our second vacation, had small blisters on my forehead and in general, I'm now the poster child for sunscreen.

Two things we found: 1. The type of sunscreen matters. Mr. Fair skin is also very sensitive to a variety of lotions, and the brand we found that we like best both for protection, how it feels, and its ability to not cause a nasty reaction to DH is Ocean Potion. We've tried a variety of brands, and this is the best we've found for us.

2. You still end up with color by the end of your vacation. We recently did a Caribbean cruise, and while we slathered on the lotion like crazy, both of us were tan by the end of the week. The important part was that we didn't burn.

As far as the sensitive bits go, that wasn't really an issue for either of us with the burns. Not sure why, but I have heard that other people HAVE burned sensitive areas

Moral of the story: Spend your money on sunscreen, not a tanning bed.

So, we pre-tanned and were very happy with the results. We did get slightly burnt on our shoulders a couple times, but being tanned already it went away quickly. We did see several people that obviously did not pre-tan and they seemed to stay burnt most of the week.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    FROM USA TODAY......................

Those changes could come through a new proposal from the Food and Drug Administration, which today announced plans to change the way that the sunlamps used in tanning beds are regulated.

Under the proposed change, tanning lamps would be considered class 2 devices, in the same category as CT scanners, which also expose people to radiation, Shuren said.

If the proposed order is finalized, "there will be requirements that products have to meet in order to go on the market," Shuren said. Tanning machines also will warn customers not to use them if they have skin cancer or open skin lesions, or if they have a family history of skin cancer.

An FDA advisory panel first suggested making the change in 2010, Shuren said.

Reviewing tanning machines before they're sold would help the FDA ensure they're working safely, Shuren said.

Tanning lamps expose people to 10 times as much ultraviolet light as the sun, Shuren said. The World Health Organization classifies ultraviolet light as a carcinogen, in the same category as cigarette smoke.

Just one session in a tanning booth increases the risk of melanoma by 74%, Shuren said.

Because the FDA knows best. Hmm...their food pyramid has made America obese. I don't trust a word they say.

I think some people are more prone to skin cancer than others and you know your own skin type better than anyone - tanning beds or not.

Just use your own best judgement, and like everything else, moderation doesn't hurt.

If you're anyone other than a ginger, then try doing a pre tan outside with an spf 8 and/or coconut oil. I'm a red head and must use coconut oil and spf 30 to tan. If you want to protect your paleness, spf 100 will let you retain no coloration from the sun-I came back the color I left!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2