Default Just a couple questions

We will be at CN June 22-29. We plan on using the AN section of beach but have recently devoloped some fears that we are hoping can be adressed by people on here with experience. We have no trouble with losing the bathing suits, what we are concerned about is we are both fair skinned. We are concerned the beach may become so crowded that shade will be difficult to find when we want or need it. Also, when the resort is at capacity does the AN beach get very crowded so you have to step around people to get drinks and such? We know we are probably just "borrowing trouble", but any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is plenty of shade, you will not have any problem and, no, it will not get "over" crowded...hopefully the new bar will bring in more folks, but on our three visits, March, March, April of this year...you could expect maybe 30ish people; all super friendly and courteous. It was at capacity when we were there a few weeks ago. Have a blast and get ready to book again!

kiddo

I have never been to CN in June, but in March, when it is typically near capacity, you can usually still find space with shade at anytime of the day. The earlier you get there, the more choices you will have. When I go moontanning at 3:00 a.m., I have the pick of the litter!

As far as stepping around people, sometimes the direct path from your lounger to the bar may be somewhat restrictive, but there will always be indirect routes available. It is really not an issue.

Have never seen the beach crowed at all. Shade was always there for the taking.

We have not been to CTI before so I can't address most of your questions but if you are fair skinned I would highly suggest pre-tanning first. You have plenty of time so get out in the sun as much as possible and if need be go to a tanning spa for those very specials places. We were at Grand Lido Negril once when this one couple showed up and she was as pale as a ghost. Hubby was shooting nude photos be beat the band and in two days she was on her way home with severe sun poison. Don't let something like this ruin your vacation, plan ahead!!! Stteve...

Thanks for the replies. Guess we will find out in about a month or so.

As far as being fair skinned and the pre tanning idea, we would much rather use a lot of suntan lotion, shade and common sense.

Pre-tan. Why risk getting sunburned on vacation. Doing it now for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    I have never been to CN in June, but in March, when it is typically near capacity, you can usually still find space with shade at anytime of the day. The earlier you get there, the more choices you will have. When I go moontanning at 3:00 a.m., I have the pick of the litter!

As far as stepping around people, sometimes the direct path from your lounger to the bar may be somewhat restrictive, but there will always be indirect routes available. It is really not an issue.
    This font color is impossible to read.

I read it with no problem Gerbank. You maybe should check your display settings if it is impossible to read on your screen.

Unless you mean you don't like reading posts in that color, in which case I agree.
    Roy

Doctors say pre-tanning is bad and it helps only a little. Good sunscreen is a better choice. ASK THE EXPERT: Will getting a tan before going to a sunny environment protect me? - SkinCancer.org

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbank View Post
    Sorry...you must be using the "Couples Dark" style. If you go to the bottom of the page, on the left-hand side there is a pull-down menu in which you can choose the appearance style. I prefer the "vB4 Default" style myself.

It must be your settings....the dark blue writing on a light blue background is easy for me to read.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbank View Post
    I changed back to the "couples blue" background so that the colors on my screen are white and light blue. Makes it easy to read all messages.

zany2some - My husband and I were probably 2 of the palest islanders at CTI and we survived with tons of sunblock! One thing I had to learn the hard way was to wear a hat - I had my hair in a ponytail the first few days and my part wound up to be the most sunburned part of my body. Peeling scalp is gross!

I was there this past April and there wasn't a problem finding shade. This was our 3rd trip and it has never been so crowded that you have to walk around people in order to get to the bar or beach. Lucky you, you get to sit at the new beach bar at the AN beach. The bartenders there are all great - Mesha can mix up a mean drink! So drop your drawers, lather on your sunscreen and lay back and relax. I envy you!

First, thanks for the tip on the pull down screen at the bottom. Had never paid any attention and I could not read what appeared purple on my screen. All good now!! Two more days to our 3rd trip to CN. Previous times AN beach was not too crowed at all. My wife likes to stay in the shade and we always found a spot with no problems. No problems getting drinks either, just raise our flag or walk a few steps to the bar. Hope Mesha is at the bar again. She was awesome!! Come and Enjoy!!

We are both very excited. Less than three weeks left and all of our question and concerns will finally be answered. We are so much looking forward to some romantic "us" time. We find the au naturel beach a very good way to augment that goal.

Default Foot sunburn OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by zany2some View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Guess we will find out in about a month or so.

As far as being fair skinned and the pre tanning idea, we would much rather use a lot of suntan lotion, shade and common sense.
    As a red head, I have had experience with sun burn a few times growing up. On my doctors advice (my husband) I now apply a generous coat of sun block, with special emphasis on body parts that aren't normally exposed, then re-apply several times a day, at least I thought so. A few summers ago, covered with #30 and in the shade I fell asleep. As the sun moved my feet, yea the tops of my feet were exposed. They turned cherry red. For a few days I went to meals bare foot, wore sandals long enough to get seated, then bare foot again. Now I never forget my feet.

My husband & I are going to CTI for the first time 8/25-9/1.. And first time for AN as well! Excited about the entire trip! Cant get here fast enough!! But I was curious about something.. I understand that CTI AN is not really a "Beach".. Are there other "AN" at other couples resorts that are better? Or are they all good?

My husband and I both pre-tanned before Mexico trip and worked out super! So we are both pre tanning for trip in August! Cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by mdford0418 View Post
    My husband & I are going to CTI for the first time 8/25-9/1.. And first time for AN as well! Excited about the entire trip! Cant get here fast enough!! But I was curious about something.. I understand that CTI AN is not really a "Beach".. Are there other "AN" at other couples resorts that are better? Or are they all good?
    CTI's AN area is an island and from what others have said doesn't have a beach but there are areas you can get in the water. CSS has a very private beach and CN has a beach as well, although much less private that SSB at CSS.