Hybrid View

Default Just booked our honeymoon! Any advice for first timers? :)

Well, let me start by saying that I'm a long time lurker. And by long time I mean about 3 years now.

My fiance and I had reluctantly and tentatively decided on the another resort for our upcoming honeymoon this October. Even after deciding, I always ended up back on the Couples website, perusing the photos and message board with a heavy sense of longing in my heart. As a true beach lover, I've always yearned for that crystal clear, amazingly blue water you see in photos. After having some really strange dreams this past month almost nightly and then talking with my fiance, I knew my intuition had been right all along.

Last night we officially booked our honeymoon at CSA from Oct 14-21 in an OVS, and I could not be happier. We're so excited to experience Jamaica together for the first time at Couples.

Any suggestions for us? Must-see places, must try dishes or drinks (the banana stuffed french toast is #1 on my list as I love all things banana), awesome excursions, anything in particular that you would like to share? As excited as I am about our wedding, I'm about 10 times more excited for the honeymoon! Crazy, I know, but nothing makes me happier than traveling.

Just prepare for the rest of your travel lives to be comparing everything else to Couples standards (with little luck)!

Sunsets are unbelievable, catamaran cruise is always a highlight, don't miss it. You can tip the cat cruise crew a few bucks as they aren't couples employees. Seagrapapes is my favorite restaurant but be sure and hit them all. Float in the ocean with your chair cushion with an adult beverage and walk down the beach to your left if facing the water. Lots of shops and little bars along the way. Have a great trip