Hybrid View

Default CN Review - March 22-31

We have just returned from our third trip to CN and our sixth trip to the Couples chain. Overall, a fantastic vacation! Our arrival at the airport went very well, although our shuttle driver didn't talk at all; I prefer drivers that share history and factual info of the island. Upon arriving at CN, the check-in went great and they were able to honor our request for building two.

Since we had credits for booking early, we did the "Magical Memories" romance package. This was great, as we had flowers and champagne in our room, a private dinner in the treehouse and credits in the spa and gift shop. We were also there for two Friday nights and the repeaters dinner, so I had lobster four times this trip.

We both dive and did so often on this trip. The dive staff is amazing!! I even did my first night dive, which I loved. We had two red flag days and two half days of rain, but made the best of it. We sat in the hot tub in the pouring rain with other guests and had a lot of fun.

The entertainment staff is great and so friendly. We participated in some of the daily activities and my husband played volleyball almost everyday. Our housekeeping was fantastic and went above and beyond. The bathrooms are showing their age, but they are scheduled to be remodeled soon.

The food is awesome at night and there are buffets for breakfast and lunch, but fine for us. We love Lychee for the food and Othetie (sp?) for romantic dinners. If you want to eat there, please remember to bring pants for the men. We ran into a few people who were unaware of this and disappointed.

The only disappoints for us were the coffee and liquor. They have changed the coffee and it is now very weak and not at all what they used to have. This is a big deal for us!! We finally started ordering espressos to mix with our coffee to make it stronger, but still not the same. Also, the "top shelf" liquor really seems to be lacking. They no longer have Absolute at the pool bar and one evening ran out of Grey Goose at he piano bar. The evening entertainment could also use a bit of improvement.

We returned on Easter Sunday and there were no lines at the airport. We were at the gate three hours prior to departure, so a long day of traveling to return home. We hope to return again next year, as we continue to run into many amazing guests that we have met in previous years and although a bit of an expense, if you utilize all they have to offer, a pretty good deal for a wonderful time with your significant other.

I must have been diving with you!
    Barry

Thanks for your review...so glad you have another great time! We're back in July for our 4th visit to CN.

Tell me it isn't so about the coffee!!! I love starting my day with a couple of cups of Blue Mountain. That's part of the whole experience since I'm a coffee freak in the morning. We haven't been back to CN since 2006 (CSS the last 3 times) and are looking forward to exploring CN again. Thanks for the review!

I enjoyed your review and happy you had another great trip to CN.

No top notch alcohol is not good...Not good at ALL.

Weak coffee is even WORST..Very BAD deal here.

We shall see for ourselves on April 13.

CN...Couples Negril...Oh,how I do love typing these words.
    Attached Images Attached Images