Hybrid View

Default Calling home to canada

Going to css Nov 6-13 just wandering if anyone knows if you can get calling cards there are they expensive didn't know if my cell phone would work.Getting so excited

We were at CSA last week. They had a "Jus Talk" card in the giftshop for $3 USD that works for about 30 minutes. Of course, the resort charges $2 USD per call (and adds it to your tab), but it's still a lot cheaper than what the cellphone folks would charge.

We called the US, not Canada, but I'd think the rates would be similar.

when we were there 4 y ears ago we just had international calling added to our cell phone in case of emergency but had it turned off. At that time when we did use it the charges were reasonable. Also we used "call canada direct" operator which was very easy just need to get the 1-800 number for the area you are going to and make sure it is the canada direct operator you are talking to friends ended up with $500 in phone bills back home as didn't verify! Have an amazing time!

Hi tsayeau,
    We're also from Canada and we did 2 things while at CSA last year. We used Skype most of the time to be able to talk to the kids (and see them) but my husband also downloaded Truphone on his IPhone. We bought some time and were able to call home for $0.06/minute. We were able to call home almost every evening using one of those 2 options.
    Hope that helps!
    Cheers,
    Terri

Truphone????...we have iphones from canada and are going there in dec..so it works..what about extra charges from rogers

Hey gordborg,
    According to my husband, there are no Rogers charges (that's our provider too) because you're using a wireless connection.
    Cheers,
    Terri

Hi gordborg,
    I replied earlier but don't see the post, so I hope it doesn't show up twice.
    My husband said there were no additional Rogers charges (and they're our cell provider too) because you're connected wirelessly.
    Hope that helps,
    Cheers!
    Terri

thats so awsome!!!!....i just downloaded on to my iphone...so when i get there i need to turn of the 3g and roaming...and use truphone on the wifi in the lobby?...now if its like 6 cents a minuite...how do you get billed or how do you pay?

Hi gordborg,
    Yes, when you get there, turn off your 3G and roaming and use your truphone. You buy the time upfront from Truphone, and then use it as you call home. I don't remember how much my husband bought, but we still have over $5.00 to use when we're back at CSA in October. We stayed in the Great House at CSA and our wireless worked in our room, too. Maybe you'll get lucky with where your wireless works.
    Have a great time!
    Cheers,
    Terri

cool....yeah i found where to get minuties...well this is our first time to csa and jamica of course were going down there dec 01-10 to get married on dec 04/09...we didnt know what kind of room we were booking...was told it was all that was left its gardin room...no tv no mini bar..so im guessing no wifi..lol