Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Barbados

Hard to get to from Iowa. Have to ride a cow.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by robandchrissy View Post
    Get to Toronto if close enough. we fly non stop Toronto to Barbados about 9am departure gets us there by 2pm.
    Air Canada eh lol
    WestJet also flies non stop out of Toronto (with connectons from all around Canada)... and WestJet is a way better airline that Air Canada! (sorry, couldn't resist... but it's true!!... better service and less cancellations, esp. in winter when AC cancel flights when it snows)

I just posted another thread, but what are your prices you are seeing? Direct - JFK to BGI? Toronto to BGI?
    From my other post.....
    ------
    Ok, lets try to work together to get this figured out

According to my research, there are several International Airports to fly from (for Eastern/Midwest US)...
    Miami <-- THE most popular city for direct flight to BGI, other Int'l airports often have connection here
    Atlanta
    JFK NY
    Chicago
    Houston
    Charlotte
    Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia
    Boston
    Cinci
    St Louis
    DC
    Toronto

Most common airline I keep seeing with cheapest flights is American (or Air Canada)

Two main arrival times into BGI, 2pm and 10pm.

As far as websites go, Ive found Priceline, Trip Advisor, One Travel to be the best... FareBuzz and Travelation are so-so...

Here is my own personal dilemma.... Our reservation at CB is from THURS 8/1- SAT 8/10. Now, I'd really like to arrive at CB in the afternoon. Problem being, I would have to add on a date to our reservation and arrive 7/31, or arrive on 8/1 at 10pm (and I do not want to pay that much to enjoy the hotel maybe for an hour!) I'd be more likely to arrive at BGI 7/31 10pm and sleep in the airport and get to CB bright and early on 8/1

Now, we do not mind leaving our departing city (we are VERY open to this, will drive or take train or fly, anywhere within 300-500 miles of mid Michigan) on 7/31 and staying overnight somewhere in a connection city 7/31 to arrive at BGI in the afternoon on 8/1.

I REALLY wish there was a way to say: "I want to arrive at BGI on 8/1 at 2pm - where (and when) should I leave from to get the cheapest flight?" ....

Please, if you've already booked, list your dates and departing city > connecting city (or cities) > arrival time at BGI. And, Id appreciate a price range of what's already been booked...

Thanks!!

Kelly and Derrick

In Feb we leave Des Moines, Iowa on Thursday afternoon at 3pm and fly to Dallas and then fly to Miami arriving at 10:30pm. Overnight in MIA and leave in the morning and arrive BGI Friday at 2:30pm. Returning we leave BGI at 8am and are home at 7:30pm the same day. This is actually not a bad itinerary flying out of DSM although I am sure that it sounds horrible to you in big cities with direct flights to everywhere. We don't have direct flights to very many cities out of DSM. I paid $1025 per person for first class. I think coach was going for $735 each when I booked.

We are flying from JFK on American. We were scheduled to fly direct on Monday morning (10/21). Have been tracking our flight since they seem to "disappear" from time to time. Well ours did. New schedule...leave around noon through Miami, 2.5 hour layover arrive at BGI at 10:30 PM.. I don't think so. We ended up adding another day, now leaving Sunday on a direct getting in around 1.

If you are arriving late another trick is to find a cheap hotel for the night of arrival in Barbados and head to the resort in the morning. We have friends who do that all the time when flights are not good.

As you stated Sympa, I was not paying all of that money and arriving at 11 PM. We use a TA so she took care of all of the changes for us. I do my own research but we always book with a TA and take out insurance just for these situations. The airlines are not making it easy to travel anymore. And even after you are booked and ticketed you must watch what they do.

Carol and Dave...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3