Default Scuba Recertification at CN?

Forgive me - I haven't found the answer to this question in the forums, although I'm sure it has been addressed.

My husband has his Advanced Open Water PADI Certification but, he hasn't had the opportunity to dive since the last time we were at CN in 2009. We are returning in October 2013 and I'm wondering if he needs to recertify prior to getting to Jamaica or can he easily do it there?

Thanks in advance for your help - only 184 more sleeps till we are back to paradise!

~Shawna

At CSS they had a refresher course. I'm sure it was a very condensed version just to make sure you were okay. It was an extra charge. Maybe $50? Can't remember.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

If it has been over 12 months since your last dive, you are usually required to do either a refresher at home or at the resort. I try to do mine at home, so I can be ready to dive when we get there.

I took a refresher in Hawaii last year after over 2 years off of diving and it is very simple. Only about an hour long and went over the basic skills. Definitely do not need to go through a certification all over again.