Default What is the average age at the AN area at CTI?

We watched the promo video for Couples Resorts and everyone was in their 20's on what seemed to be their honeymoon. While I know a lot of that is just advertising, I also want to feel comfortable in going there, since we are looking at this as our 2nd honeymoon, not our 1st.

We are now in our 50's and when we were younger, we went to a couple of AN areas here in the States, so it's not necessarily our first time being nude in front of others. But we haven't done anything like this in quite a while. The wife is a little apprehensive and I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable if everyone out there is some hardbody in their 20's.

I've read on here a little that everyone is welcomed, but we might only feel really welcomed if there are at least a few people out there that are close to our age.

Thanks.

We were there during March when the hotel was very busy. Most days the island was also very busy, though we always managed to find a couple of spare beds. As has been written on here many times there is absolutely no judgmental attitude on the island. We saw all shapes and all sizes and everybody having a good time either being social around the bar and pool or just enjoying the sun quietly. Turn right as you arrive on the island for the quiet side and left for the pool and bar. As for ages, we are mid/late 50's and felt very comfortable. I would guess the average age when we were there was around 45, varying from mid 20's to mid 60's.

very few in there 20s on the Island. I did a study a few years ago and the mediun age was 47 years 3 months and 14 days. Go and have fun.

Frank,
    No worries mon! I am in my 50s as well and my wife is 50. We will be there at the end of the week and looking forward to it. I too was a little apprehensive, but after reading this board, I can't wait. Hope to see you on the island.

You will be perfectly at home....we are 50's plus, and our trip 2 years ago was our first, and our first AN. I was all kinds of nervous!!! GREAT people, and I would say average age 40-60.
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013

Nah, don't worry about it!

When we went to CTI (and our first AN!) I'd say the people on the Isle were more 30+ (possibly closer to 40+) We saw one couple who was probably late 20s early 30s, one couple that was probably 60-70s.

As for going by the promo videos, remember, it's a *PROMO* video! It's just like a beer commercial (well, OK, except for the Red Stripe commercials) where everyone is young, hip, and drinking brand X. All the cool kids are doing it, so you should be too!

Go, enjoy the Isle!

Jason
    CTI again in 50 days!!!
    Isle in 51!!! (maybe 50 if we get in earlier than expected!)

We will be returning to the island in 2 days for our second trip. I am late 20s and my husband is early 30s (neither of us a "hardbody"). When we were there 3 years ago I was the youngest islander. There were about 2 other couples in their 30s and the rest were 40+.

I knew going into it that the majority of couples are in the 40+ range. I was a bit apprehensive of that. However, for me, the AN experience strips away more than just your clothes. It also takes away all worries. The last thing on your mind is how old, toned, etc. the other ANers are when you've got a delicious drink in your hand, great conversations going and the ocean breeze washing over your bare skin.

Relax and enjoy. Age really doesn't matter.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

We just returned home from CTI at the end of March and I would says the average age on the island was 50. I am in my 40's and my husband in his 50's and this is the first time that we experienced the Au natural and really had a great time. There were a wide range of ages, a couple couple's in there 20's and a couple in there 60's. Everyone on the island we very friendly and absolutely no judging. Don't worry be happy.

We spent a week at CTI in mid-march and I would agree the average age was about 50 with a mix of ages with a few younger and a few older couples.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Just back from CTI and visited the island 5 out of 6 days we were there. Hubby and i are 43/44 years old and I'd say that we were one of the younger couples. But...as you have read over and over, there was no judgement from anyone. I feel like that was the least judged I've ever felt.

We are both in our early 30s, and when we went to the Island we were definitely the youngest there. Most seemed to be roughly 45-55 or so. That being said, it was definitely a welcoming environment, and we are glad we did it!

What date? June2....

We felt like the young ones our first time... and we're deep into our "20's" meaning we have a teenage child we didn't have young. Meaning we haven't seen our 20's in some time. Meaning we don't care about age as it's all a number. Meaning the youngest ones seem to act more insecure at CTI than us "old" ones do. We are confident and there are more of us and we all party together. Young ones are welcome and we love you too, but fun people who are secure in themselves who like to enjoy the island together are more accepted than the perfect uptight bodies. Let loose, be who you are, and have tons of fun. We have made lifelong friends there. You will too.

Another vote for "regular" people on the island.

There were a few couples that were younger, and technically we were in the younger crowd as well, but most were 40+. We met and chatted with a very nice couple in their 60's the last time we were there.

The hard bodies tend not to go to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ricard View Post
    We watched the promo video for Couples Resorts and everyone was in their 20's on what seemed to be their honeymoon. While I know a lot of that is just advertising, I also want to feel comfortable in going there, since we are looking at this as our 2nd honeymoon, not our 1st.

We are now in our 50's and when we were younger, we went to a couple of AN areas here in the States, so it's not necessarily our first time being nude in front of others. But we haven't done anything like this in quite a while. The wife is a little apprehensive and I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable if everyone out there is some hard body in their 20's.

I've read on here a little that everyone is welcomed, but we might only feel really welcomed if there are at least a few people out there that are close to our age.

Thanks.
    News from the au naturel news front tells us that the young people seem not to be taking up the naturist lifestyle the way they did in years past, so that the young of decades ago are the ones frequenting these spots now that they have advanced in age; meaning that one will find more older people than younger ones at the au naturel beaches.

For future readers, I'd say: do not worry about how you look. Chances are that you will have lots of good company in your age group.
    Last edited by clydealp; March 6th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.