Default At the Au Naturale beach in CSS

Was wondering if there is a grill at the sunset beach near the an pool?

Yes. They bring lunch over at around noon-12:30 and you can get yummy burgers and fries made to order. Also jerk chicken a patties too! You never have to leave SSB to eat unless you want to. AWESOME!!!!!:-)

There is a grilling station at the pool. They serve a hot lunch there daily.

Here's a visual:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/0b320787.jpg

They set up a few tables/chairs & umbrellas at lunch time (don't worry, this pic was taken in early morning, not at lunch time -- they must have still been up from the previous day !! ):

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/0dc4974e.jpg

Thanks that is wonderful to hear, that way we won't miss any minute of fun at the SS Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Yes. They bring lunch over at around noon-12:30 and you can get yummy burgers and fries made to order. Also jerk chicken a patties too! You never have to leave SSB to eat unless you want to. AWESOME!!!!!:-)
    Does anyone know if the grill at SSB has a veggie option? My husband and I are vegetarians and we would like to be able to have lunch at SSB and avoid having to put on clothes to walk on over to the main beach for lunch.

Hi CA_girl_in_TX, If I remember correctly, there is usually some form of vegetable dish. I remember some awesome vegetable lasagne one day and then one day there were yummy stir-fried vegetables. One thing to remember also, there is a phone by the grill at SSB and you can order room service and have it delivered to you. We saw some folks do that on our last trip!

Default What a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi CA_girl_in_TX, If I remember correctly, there is usually some form of vegetable dish. I remember some awesome vegetable lasagne one day and then one day there were yummy stir-fried vegetables. One thing to remember also, there is a phone by the grill at SSB and you can order room service and have it delivered to you. We saw some folks do that on our last trip!
    SuzyQ - what a great idea! I would never have thought to order Room Service and have it delivered to me on the beach at SSB. I didn't even know they would do that. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm very happy to hear that they will probably have some veggie options at the grill, so having room service delivered to the beach probably won't be necessary. We were at CN last September and loved the A/N beach there but hated putting clothes on to get some lunch. I have a feeling that CSS (because of SSB) will become my favorite Couples resort!

We've tried several times to get room service delivered over to SSB, but have always been unsuccessful. We used to do this at another resort (the old GLB) late every afternoon for a little snack, so we had hoped to do this at CSS/SSB too. Who knows...........maybe it'll work this year when we go........

Jackie

Room service delivered to SSB?? I've got to try that!!

Hi! Please let me know if ordering room service to SSB works! We saw another couple do it, but never thought to try it ourselves! We love the food at the grill! Happy travels! suzyQ

It all sounds wonderful to me, cannot wait to be on Sunset Beach with you all. Wonder if I can get the chicken with out an sauce on it as I have IBS and cant do sauces or coatings of any kind...... So I would be looking for Chicken without the Jerk part of it, when we arrived in couples negril last may, our room was not ready so we were sent for something to eat, I had not see jerk chicken before, and tried to take the coating off, and thought i was safe and took a bite, and guess what, it was very hot hot hot...had two down two gin and tonics to get rid of the burning mouth, but felt relaxed as the gin worked its magic.... Eva...

Why travel to Jamaica to eat in your room? Get out and eat at the restaurants. Meet the staff. That's the real experience.
    CSS October 2012, CSS July 2013

We can't wait either! We have 32 more days!! See yall there!!! We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary a few weeks early when we are there.

Um, Bucketofbeers, above, we're talking about ordering room service to the pool/beach, not the room.......

Though, it is nice to have the option for room service (to your room) too. On our arrival day, we sometimes do room service at CSS after that loonnnngggg day of travel & only a few hours of sleep the night before. We often just don't have the energy to get ready & go to dinner that 1st night.

Okay, that's actually a great idea! I never thought of that. Sorry I didn't read the thread well enough !
    CSS October 2012, CSS July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    Um, Bucketofbeers, above, we're talking about ordering room service to the pool/beach, not the room.......

Though, it is nice to have the option for room service (to your room) too. On our arrival day, we sometimes do room service at CSS after that loonnnngggg day of travel & only a few hours of sleep the night before. We often just don't have the energy to get ready & go to dinner that 1st night.
    Jackie MRP - I agree about being exhausted on the arrival day. Being able to order room service for dinner will be a nice option. I can even see that we might order room service some night during the week (apart from our travel day). For me, being at a Couples resort is all about reconnecting with my wonderful husband in a romantic setting, and sometimes "staying in" is exactly where we want to be. I'm sure most people on this board can relate, right (wink, wink)?

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Jackie MRP - I agree about being exhausted on the arrival day. Being able to order room service for dinner will be a nice option. I can even see that we might order room service some night during the week (apart from our travel day). For me, being at a Couples resort is all about reconnecting with my wonderful husband in a romantic setting, and sometimes "staying in" is exactly where we want to be. I'm sure most people on this board can relate, right (wink, wink)?
    We like to "stay in" everyday! Although we usually eat our dinners in the restaurants.

We had pizza ordered to SSB and ate them on white floaties while standing in the ocean with a group.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Default Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    We like to "stay in" everyday! Although we usually eat our dinners in the restaurants.
    Hee-hee!