Default Transfer from Negril to Ocho

Has anyone made this trip lately that can give me an estimated price? How long is the ride now that the road to Ocho is complete, I need to be in Ocho around 3:00? It has been about 5 years since we made this trip. I know I can take the shuttle back to the airport and catch the shuttle for the 'other' resort but just wondering if it is worth the hassle. Can you go back into the airport where the lounge area is located? Any suggestions...

If you are going from a Couples resort to a Couples resort, they will provide the transfer. They will not take you to the airport if you do not have a flight out. They will not pick you up at the airport of you aren't on an arriving flight. We left CSS at 6:00 am in a Couples provided van and arrived at CN at 8:11 am, with no stop at the airport. They will take you anytime you want (assuming you have reservations at both resorts), and if you leave at 6:00 am, there will be no major traffic and no need to stop at the airport.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    They will not pick you up at the airport of you aren't on an arriving flight.
    This is not entirely correct. You CAN show up at the airport the day of your reservations and have a bus come around and scoop you up. You'll need to call ahead, and when you arrive outside the airport, let security know you need to speak with someone from Couples.

Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but this could help someone who has to arrive in JA a day early like we did a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the info! We are not transfering to a Couples in Ocho so I guess the airport transfer is out. So now, I need a driver...

Wally~ How and when did you set up your transfer between CSS and CN? And we're you able to guarantee the early,direct transfer before you got to CSS?We're doing a CSS/CSA split in December, in the past we've booked and paid for a private transfer when we've done a split but it would be great to be able to save a little money by using the Couples transportation. I would want to know for sure though that we could have an early transfer and not have to stop at the airport. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    If you are going from a Couples resort to a Couples resort, they will provide the transfer. They will not take you to the airport if you do not have a flight out. They will not pick you up at the airport of you aren't on an arriving flight. We left CSS at 6:00 am in a Couples provided van and arrived at CN at 8:11 am, with no stop at the airport. They will take you anytime you want (assuming you have reservations at both resorts), and if you leave at 6:00 am, there will be no major traffic and no need to stop at the airport.
    Wally, I've seen this from you before and it remains a great piece of advice. We're doing the CTI-CN split and I'm pretty certain this is the way we'll go about it as well. I mean, ya never know once we're there things can change. But as it stands, I like this suggestion a lot. Thanks for the great tip.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    This is not entirely correct. You CAN show up at the airport the day of your reservations and have a bus come around and scoop you up. You'll need to call ahead, and when you arrive outside the airport, let security know you need to speak with someone from Couples.

Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but this could help someone who has to arrive in JA a day early like we did a couple of years ago.
    Good to know...Thanks!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    Wally~ How and when did you set up your transfer between CSS and CN? And we're you able to guarantee the early,direct transfer before you got to CSS?We're doing a CSS/CSA split in December, in the past we've booked and paid for a private transfer when we've done a split but it would be great to be able to save a little money by using the Couples transportation. I would want to know for sure though that we could have an early transfer and not have to stop at the airport. Any info on this would be appreciated.
    We set it up the day before the transfer at the front desk. No problem. They will take you anytime you ask them to. We wanted to make it to CN for the fantastic breakfast buffet and avoid the traffic. When you arrive at your second resort, the room won't be ready yet, but they have this all figured out too. They keep your big bags and give you a semi-secure place to store your little bags. They put ours in the offcie behind the front desk and we could access them whenever we needed something out of them. They also provide a locker for your valuables, a place to change and a set of beach towels. They do this for anyone arriving before their room is ready! No wonder we love Couples so much!!!
    [

Thanks Wally! I think I might email CSS a week or so before our trip to give them some advance notice that we'll be wanting an early transfer. The two times we've done it in the past we were on the beach at CSA by 10 a.m.