Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default January 2014 rates

I am looking at Couples Negril for January 2014 and I noticed that after Christmas the rates jump about 75% (approx 340p/n to 589p/n). I know this is getting into peak season but that was a huge jump. Does anyone know if late December-February is always that much more expensive than other months, or what the reason for it being so much more expensive right now is?

-Thanks

I noticed that too. literally the week between christmas and new years, the price spikes, but then January 2nd the price drops again (although not nearly as far as the previous year) My thoughts are this is a peak time. I remember reading a thread awhile back that said during that week (christmas to new years) CSS was booked with 100% repeaters, because it is SUCH a desired time to go. and then Jan/Feb/March are prime vacation times also. We booked mid April for Negril/CSS 2014, and the price difference from early April to later April is about 200/night cheaper (so far, have to wait and see what specials come out)

That is peak season and we can't afford to go that time of year anymore

We've been going to Couples since 2005, and every year it's the same - the rates drop to their lowest in the fall. Then you go right into high season after Christmas into January, February and March. I can't speak to exact percentages, but the difference between low and high season rates has always been signficant. What has me concerned about the 2014 rates is the huge jump from the January 2013 timeframe to the January 2014 timeframe. Almost a $100/night increase on our room category at CSA. And while the 7th night free promotion is good for people only staying a week, it has diminishing returns for those of us who stay longer. Even our travel agent was shocked at the jump from 2013 peak season rates to 2014 peak season rates.

It's peak season everywhere from Florida all through the Caribbean until mid April sometime. Either wait till the rates go down or pay the price, you won't be disappointed!
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 13th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks for the replies. We went to Couples Sans Souci and loved it last December and we looking to go to one of the Negril resorts next January and was just shocked by how large the post Christmas price increase was. Maybe will choose a different time to come back to couples. Thanks again for the responses!

I also questioned the jump in price, but then I remembered that last year was a sale with up to 56% off the rates if you booked early. That promotion isn't going on this year. My trip this year will cost about $700-800 more than last time.
    Duane & Mary

HI to all:

FYI - 7th night free promotion will end on April 24. IF you are planning on staying at least 7 nights, then now is the time to book.

Couples Resorts

Well Randymon, thanks for the reminder, but it makes things really difficult for those of us that cannot ask for vacation any sooner than fall (Work rule) and the direct flights are not out yet. We like to come in the spring because we can get a direct flight, but the increase in price is very difficult, esp. since we can't take advance of the early booking special.

Hopefully there will be more good deals this summer and later this year. Resort credits are nice but we like the 7th free night better.

I already booked our trips for this year (got back from CSS a few weeks ago and off to CN in November). We haven't decided on where to go Spring 2014 (leaning towards CSS again) but we do know we want to go back to CSA the Fall 2014 for our 10 year anny (since we were married there Oct 2, 2004). Not sure if we can actually be there during our anny or not. We usually don't book any further out than 9 months or so since we try and package our resort/airfare together since it's usually a better deal.

Will plan on booking or Spring 2014 trip this summer. And then the Fall 2014 trip at the end of this year. Fingers crossed there are some deals to be had.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Remember -- it only takes $100 to reserve your rate and dates with our LOVEAWAY payment plan.

Couples Resorts

I agree the January prices are way up. We always book air/resort pkg. and save money but 2014 is alot higher than previous years. We've been to Couples 18 times and always travel the high season. The resort credits are nice but I would rather see the rates decrease $300 to make it more affordable!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    We've been going to Couples since 2005, and every year it's the same - the rates drop to their lowest in the fall. Then you go right into high season after Christmas into January, February and March. I can't speak to exact percentages, but the difference between low and high season rates has always been signficant. What has me concerned about the 2014 rates is the huge jump from the January 2013 timeframe to the January 2014 timeframe. Almost a $100/night increase on our room category at CSA. And while the 7th night free promotion is good for people only staying a week, it has diminishing returns for those of us who stay longer. Even our travel agent was shocked at the jump from 2013 peak season rates to 2014 peak season rates.

Patience, mi frens.

Check back on April 25.

Couples Resorts

If one was to book 2 weeks at the 7th night free and $300 resort credit being offered now only to find a cheaper deal after the 24th, will the cheaper deal be honored?

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Patience, mi frens.

Check back on April 25.
    Does this mean other deals will be available after the current one expires?

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Remember -- it only takes $100 to reserve your rate and dates with our LOVEAWAY payment plan.
    Not if you opt for trip insurance. Not sure what the deadline to get that would be and if it's refundable if you have to cancel.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I wondered the samething.

Quote Originally Posted by MnD View Post
    If one was to book 2 weeks at the 7th night free and $300 resort credit being offered now only to find a cheaper deal after the 24th, will the cheaper deal be honored?
    First off, yes, Couples does have a best rate guarantee. You may have to cancel your current booking and rebook the new deal, but you can get it.

Second, the 7th night free and $300 resort credit are not cumulative. So booking 2 weeks will not get you anything better than booking one week. So, what I would do, is book 2 one week trips back to back. That way you "check out/check in" in the middle of your stay, and can have a second night free and a second $300 resort credit. Then you would have an amazing deal totalling 2 nights free and $600 resort credits. Best luck to you finding a better deal than that.

Hi MnD,
    As you may be aware, you can always cancel your reservation for any reason if prior to 45 days of your reservation date. I think you will find Couples very workable in making a change should a better offer is made available. With your advance booking, you really have nothing to lose.

Also, since making reservations a year or more in advance, airline information such as schedule, rates, best rates, frequent flyer points options, etc., I have found Couples to be quite workable and flexible in making small adjustments to your reservations to accommodate your airline schedule without any change in your reservations such as rate, incentives, etc. This is of course subject to the change is within the same rate period and there is availability. Just another reason we love Couples and book early.

We have booked 14 nights January 2014 and have only paid a fraction more than we paid for January 2013. The rate we got was under USD375 p/n.

sunshineseekers, what resort are you staying at?

I am curious as to how you got that rate. Even with the 7th night free the lowest rate for CTI comes out to $428 per night for January
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshineseekers View Post
    We have booked 14 nights January 2014 and have only paid a fraction more than we paid for January 2013. The rate we got was under USD375 p/n.

We are staying at Negril, same as this year.

When I check the rates for CN in January it comes out to $500 p/n ($584 p/n x7 nights =$4008 minus 1 night free =$3504)

Hi Everyone! We reserved 14 nights prior to the promotion. We knew that Couples always says they will honor a new rate IF you ask for it so I immediately had my travel agent call Couples Reservations directly. We had a conference call & we were told that we could not get 2 promotions/deals even if we made 2 separate reservations, one for each week, checking out & back in the same day! They told us they would not honor 2 free nights & 2 $300 credits. This really didn't make sense to me BUT that's what we were told by Couples Reservations. IF this has changed & Couples WOULD honor that, I would definitely like to hear from management on this & would like to know something BEFORE the special promotion ends! Can you PLEASE HELP us Randymon?? THX very much, Cindy

We are planning on booking for January 2014. The charter flights out of Milwaukee came out this weekend. On wed. the 7th night free and $300 resort credit ends. The problem....the cost of the trip is about $500 more then I expected. Do I book for the deal now or wait and hope something better comes along? I know I can cancel if a better deal but I then lose the travel insurance $ which is about $220. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast