Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default ******must read books*****

Any suggestions on must read books for the beach?

Ones I love:
    -Secret Keeper
    -Sundays at Tiffany's
    -Forgotten Garden
    -witches daughter
    -50 shades of grey
    -shopaholic series
    -remember me
    -snow flower and the secret fan
    -the help
    -Sarah's key
    -hunger games
    -20's Girl (anything by sophie kinsella)

Three great books for the beach from this link.
    And if I'm there while you're reading them, I'll autograph them for you!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Gone Girl. Hands down best book of 2012. In my opinion.

And i love a funny read on the beach, like anything by Chelsea Handler.

Can't help you there, I only read horror books. BUT Scott Sigler, JC Hutchins, Mike Bennett are all good reads as well as Stephen king!

Just a second who said I didn't like horror books now I'm excited so please spill your guts!

Rachlm927- I was looking at that book, I will add it to my kobo and check out the author!

Fawnridge that sounds great!

*********<--------This is really annoying. People will read your thread without a "cry for attention", I promise.

That little detail aside, I recommend Dorthea Benton Frank's Lowcountry series - easy reading, light-hearted.
    Also, for a hilarious read: It Looked Different on the Model by Laurie Notaro.

~Peace.

Any Kristin Hannah book is a good, easy beach read!!! Love them all!!

Unbroken
    Anything by baldacci
    The dangerous animals club
    All the borne books
    On spirituality through story tellers
    St George and the dragon and the quest for the holy grail Edward Hayes
    Anything by wangerin, keillor,
    On great off the wall history
    Anything by hochschild
    The river of doubt ( about t Roosevelt in the amazon)
    Just off the wall scary but true
    The sociopath next door
    Great fiction
    Cutting for stone

I love romance and I love super natural as well great if its both lol. My favorites (that aren't on your list cuz we have lots of those in common lol) are Twilight Series, Hush Hush Series, anything by Nicholas Sparks, I saw you had Sundays at Tiffany's have you ready his other Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas? Bared To You Series...can't think of more I need my Nook for my lists lol...

I'm a fan of anything by Vince Flynn or Brad Thor. Espionage!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Any suggestions on must read books for the beach?

Ones I love:
    -Secret Keeper
    -Sundays at Tiffany's
    -Forgotten Garden
    -witches daughter
    -50 shades of grey
    -shopaholic series
    -remember me
    -snow flower and the secret fan
    -the help
    -Sarah's key
    -hunger games
    -20's Girl (anything by sophie kinsella)
    I really do love anything by Christopher Moore.

Have you read any of the Emily Giffin books...Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Love the one you are with, Baby Proof, or Heart of the matter. I watch deadlist catch on discovery channel.The boys from Cornelia Marie are writing a book about their dad that comes out in a few weeks.

Anything by Michael Connelly or Daniel Silva!!

Water for Elephants was a good read

I really enjoyed The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by firegirlsheetboy View Post
    I really enjoyed The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson.
    These are cool. I have read one on each of our last two trips to CSS and have the last in the series ready for June. I never find enough time while enagaged in the day to day to sit down and really enjoy a book.

As far as other books....my wife loves every book in every series by Clive Cussler. The Fargo series is neat because its a husband and wife spy team.

Unbroken is one of the best I've read in a long time.

I am also a fan of the Dresden Files and the Repairman Jack series as well! Scott Sigler is an awesome author, He has free podcasts that are well worth listening too as well as being able to read his books from amazon. They aren't expensive from a Stephen King point of view. but the stories he writes are really good and keep you reading!
    He has a great sense of humor as well. if you get a chance head over to Home | ScottSigler.com

I 2nd the vote for Scott Sigler! Fantastic author with breakneck pacing. A long as you don't read the "Infected" series out of order you can pick up any of his work and have a blast. Good call Keki!

A Prayer for Owen Meaney; City of Thieves and 11/22/63...few favorites..my wife is the reader..will need to get her input - AHHHHH..three weeks can you tell I'm getting a little excited...OH YA
    Mon...

Thanks everyone! I haven't read any of these except for the water for elephants which was good! Thanks again for all of the suggestions I really appreciate it!

Allans_angels-just and FYI I'm partially blind and I use the ****** to locate my posts easily not to beg for people to read. I'm sorry you find this annoying but don't sweat the small stuff.

I haven't read the Dagon Tattoo series, I think I MIT give it a try! Thanks for the suggestions! Nick&Nora those sounds interesting too, I will check them out for sure! So thankful for having a kobo or my luggage would really be over weight!

Karen Moning's Fever Series is AMAZING. If you're into books like Twilight and all that, this series will blow you away. Another secret indulgence of mine is the Black Dagger Brotherhood series--hunky, naughty, naughty vampires! The Shadowhunter series is also a good series. It's YA, but still very entertaining.

I love Vince Flynn and P D James but I've read all their books. If anyone can recommend something along the same lines as those I'd love to know as I need something to read on the flight to CB.

Quote Originally Posted by nguc54t View Post
    I love Vince Flynn and P D James but I've read all their books. If anyone can recommend something along the same lines as those I'd love to know as I need something to read on the flight to CB.
    Brad Thor, Ted Bell, Steve Berry, Lee Child are all good to I'm a Mitch Rapp fan too !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast