Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Noticing a trend....

I have been reading the CSS Meet up board posts covering the time frame that we will be there. In one particular thread, "Getting to know you...", there is a poll asking various questions. One question in particular is "Will you go A/N?". I've noticed a trend that it seems the majority of those under the age of 40 respond "No", while once the age reaches the 40's the answers become "yes". Anyone notice this as a trend at the A/N beaches? Do the younger couples tend to stay on the main beaches and the more "mature" couples (40's and beyond) migrate to the A/N beaches?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Seems like it has always been that way.
    Don't know why... I’m not so sure I would have braved it when we were younger...
    Maybe life’s experiences makes may you less inhibited.

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

The younger people think they have something special no one else has. The older people know better.
    I think it mostly revovlves around older people want to try it before they can't, and are more comfortable in their skin.

It seems to me that the younger couples are hung up on looking "perfect" when, little do they realize, they are probably about as perfect as they will ever get in their 20's/30's. I imagine many of them probably have a more immature attitude about being naked and equivocating it strictly with sexuality, vs being free to be yourself. I know when I was in my 20's I was so insecure about myself there was no way I would've gone nude anywhere!

My first a/n experience was at age 44 at CTI, and I have met very few "younger" people at the a/n beach. That being said, some of our best friends are a couple we met at CTI and they both just turned 30, so there are some younger couples out there willing to try it....they are just not the norm.

On average I would say you are correct but you know that averages are just that. We have seen very young and very old plus everything in between.

I've noticed that as well. My feeling is that you really aren't comfortable with yourself until a little later in life. For me that was after 40. As the saying goes...."Youth is wasted on the young!"

Definitely is the case and more obviously so when one is actually there. My guess is that by the age of 40 there exists little or no jealousy that might preclude you from being happy having the most intimate parts of your SO on show for others to see. I love being naked with my wife, it makes me feel proud of her and pleased for myself that she chose me.

Just my penn'orth.

Yes, it has always seemed to be the trend. I think the reason is the maturity levels. Once you reach the age of 40 or so most people are more comfortable with themselves, and with their relationship with their spouse. There are some "younger" couples there, but you notice they to are comfortable with their self image, and their relationship with their significant other.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    I have been reading the CSS Meet up board posts covering the time frame that we will be there. In one particular thread, "Getting to know you...", there is a poll asking various questions. One question in particular is "Will you go A/N?". I've noticed a trend that it seems the majority of those under the age of 40 respond "No", while once the age reaches the 40's the answers become "yes". Anyone notice this as a trend at the A/N beaches? Do the younger couples tend to stay on the main beaches and the more "mature" couples (40's and beyond) migrate to the A/N beaches?
    yes, We have seen that in Jamancia and mexico and the us.

VaCouple,

I can only speak from my experience of being there. I'm sure it probably changes from week to week, depending on who is there as guests.
    What I have seen in two trips is that the majority is probably between 35 to 65. There are a few in their twenties, and even some in their seventies.
    The greatest thing about SSB..... NOBODY CARES!!!!
    Nobody cares about age, gender, race, size, hair color, ethnic origin, religion, or so on. Everyone is welcome, no matter what. No one is ever made to feel out of place by no means.
    The best thing about SSB is you will meet, if you choose to do so, some of the nicest, coolest people ever. We have meet many in our two trips, and still keep in touch with them throughout the year.
    Go and enjoy. You will not regret it.....ever.

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    Completely normal...in our experience in numerous AN and CO environments, the crowd is 35 and up.

My personal theory is that you have to experience life a bit to get comfortable enough in your own skin to be at ease with AN.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014
    ??? - 2015

We are 27 and 28... we will def be at ssb!

Good observation and while I cannot speak for CSS (this will be our first visit) I CAN say our beach back home (Playalinda in FL) has a good mix of older and younger. Most younger people just haven't had the opportunity

Love this thread although I wish it wasn't the case! My husband and I are 27 and 26 (yep, I'm older...) and enjoyed the island on our honeymoon last year. There were a few other younger couples, but we definitely saw a trend towards couples in their 40s and 50s. The few friends back home we talked about it with mostly said they wouldn't do it-- not sure if we're more "mature" (can't imagine that is the case), but it doesn't surprise me. In my opinion.. what's the big deal? You'll hear it again and again but everyone is the same on the island (or at SSB, etc). Looking forward to days on the island again this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by aphilly View Post
    Love this thread although I wish it wasn't the case! My husband and I are 27 and 26 (yep, I'm older...) and enjoyed the island on our honeymoon last year. There were a few other younger couples, but we definitely saw a trend towards couples in their 40s and 50s. The few friends back home we talked about it with mostly said they wouldn't do it-- not sure if we're more "mature" (can't imagine that is the case), but it doesn't surprise me. In my opinion.. what's the big deal? You'll hear it again and again but everyone is the same on the island (or at SSB, etc). Looking forward to days on the island again this fall!
    Maybe it's a bit of maturity, maybe it's a carefree attitude. When we first moved to Virginia(in our early 20s), we saw an ad for a nudist resort. I remember thinking that would be fun (all the naked people around), but not sure I'd want to get naked. Lo and behold, several years later (in our mid 30s) we went for an open house free day. We both stripped down and had a good day. Not sure what changed, but happy for it!

Nudity is the great equalizer, I think. We are all equally vulnerable, and after the first couple of minutes, everybody forgets they are naked. My husband and I went to the AN island on CTI (long ago when it was Couples Ocho Rios), we were in our 20's then. It was a great experience. We will definitely be on the AN beach at CN this summer. There's nothing like feeling the sun and water on your bare body.

On our first trip to CTI I was 23 and my husband was 30. We waited until the last day to try the island and regretted not visiting earlier in our trip. We just returned from our second trip to CTI (ages 26 and 33, respectively) and we spent everyday at the island except for one trading places day at SSB.

In our experience the majority of people have been 35+ with a few younger couples (or mixed ages). I am glad that my husband and I are more "mature" than most couples our age. Those other couples really don't know what they are missing.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Default Possibly slowly changing demographic

Just returned from CSS, a very unusual but disturbing younger guest had the bad manners to comment, loudly that a heavy women, reading quietly in the pool shouldn’t be allowed because of her size. Her husband consoled her by saying “honey, just don’t look at her." Obviously this made the woman very uncomfortable; from that point on she sat quietly in her lounge, often covered up. On a few occasions staff asked to leave, because SSB was nude. The ill-mannered couplem gratelfully were only there that one afternoon.

On a more positive note; with the one aforementioned exception a great group, most 59 + but a good number much younger sun followers. One day we counted 41 persons in the pool and all the beach lounges filled. A few more lounges were soon delivered everyone was comfortable. There may have been more people on SSB that day than the main beach, young, old, large, small, handicapped and even pregnant. We left with the impression that SSB is more popular now than ever and that the demographic is slowly changing to a greater age mix. One couple was celibrating their one year aniversary. They were wed at Couples last year. They decided to try SSB, but retreated after stepping a few feet off the road. This annivisary trip they made it all the way to the beach.

Boy do I wish I had overheard that insensitive stuck up *(&%! We just returned from CSS and were at SSB during the whole week and did see the aforementioned covered up woman. While we were concerned that she had covered up, we didn't say anything. I, too, am a larger woman and am very self-conscious about being nude in front of others. I experienced the same rude comments from two very young "hard bodies" 3 years ago during our first visit to SSB. I also have a great, supportive husband who assured me that he loves the way I look and I tried not to let it ruin the rest of our stay, which I can say was a success!

Some day maybe she'll have children, miscarriages, surgeries, etc. and won't be a size 2 anymore! We'll see what kind of comments she'll be making then!

Default Great to hear from ypu

Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    Boy do I wish I had overheard that insensitive stuck up *(&%! We just returned from CSS and were at SSB during the whole week and did see the aforementioned covered up woman. While we were concerned that she had covered up, we didn't say anything. I, too, am a larger woman and am very self-conscious about being nude in front of others. I experienced the same rude comments from two very young "hard bodies" 3 years ago during our first visit to SSB. I also have a great, supportive husband who assured me that he loves the way I look and I tried not to let it ruin the rest of our stay, which I can say was a success!

Some day maybe she'll have children, miscarriages, surgeries, etc. and won't be a size 2 anymore! We'll see what kind of comments she'll be making then!
    We actually got to know this woman and her husband. That evening we had dinner with them at Bella Vista. She refused to mention the insulting couple to her husband who just happened to be a very large alethic built – gentle, but protective guy and formed NHL player. They have no children but are very generous supporting several children causes in the US, Haiti and Dominican Republic. We got this info unsolicited just in conversation about the islands they have frequented. We have exchanged e-mail addresses and plan to keep in touch. Both are large - both have extremely big hearts. It was our pleasure to meet them. Lesson is never miss an opportunity to know good people by prejudging

I'm pretty sure those couple examples of ignorant girls (I say girls because they aren't mature enough to be called women) have no idea what the whole A/N experience is about. If anyone believes that nobody ever enjoys the "view" at an A/N facility, they are not being completely honest. However, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Just because someone isn't attractive to you, doesn't mean they don't have the right to be there and enjoy the A/N experience. The resorts should have a policy that if someone is being that rude and immature, they get asked to leave the A/N area.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by summer swimmer View Post
    Just returned from CSS, a very unusual but disturbing younger guest had the bad manners to comment, loudly that a heavy women, reading quietly in the pool shouldn’t be allowed because of her size. Her husband consoled her by saying “honey, just don’t look at her." Obviously this made the woman very uncomfortable; from that point on she sat quietly in her lounge, often covered up. On a few occasions staff asked to leave, because SSB was nude. The ill-mannered couplem gratelfully were only there that one afternoon.
    I think I may have been there the same day as this occurred. I was wondering why someone would be covered up while at SSB, but now it makes sense. It is awful that the ignorant female caused such a hard time for the woman.

dawi- I understand your sentiment. However, I wish no woman had to ever go through the pain of a miscarriage.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

jandy, I was speaking from my own experience and the affects of the things I mentioned on my own body. I would not wish anyone to have to experience a miscarriage. Iwas only stating the reasons my body looks the way it looks. I apologize to anyone if my wording offended them.

We cannot wait to be on the SSB beach, its the only place where you can totally relax and it does not matter what size or age you are..... I have been naturist for a few years now, and it has helped me to see it does not matter what operations you have had or scars that are there, we are loved for who we are as people see your personality and do not judge you by what you wear. Its totally liberating for me, I am able to relax and enjoy some of the nicest people I have ever met. Cannot wait, only 12 days to go...... Yipeeee..... Eva

As we age, we all have scars of experience, both physical and emotional. Neither should be a reason to be called to judgement. We earned them, they are what makes us who we are.
    Those who judge others by looks just haven't had their own experiences, their own failings. Do not take the words of another to heart.
    If someone has a derogatory comment towards another because of how they look, that person is not worthy of acceptance. They are just inexperienced and have not lived through the things that many of us have. Ignore them.
    I wish I had been there when that comment was stated as I would have made them a hell of a lot more uncomfortable at SSB than she made the guest in question. There is no need for it, nor a place for it at SSB.
    Judge me for who I am, not how I look.
    My life experiences far outweighs any physical being. It is a part of me, a part of who I am. Shame on her for being so shallow. Her day will come. No matter what, there is always some younger, someone older, someone bigger, someone smaller. We all need to know ourselves, accept others for who they are as a person, and just get along. Let the arrogant stand alone, and let them be lonely. The rest of us will live a fulfilled life of love and laughter while the others get left behind....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast