Default CTI first-timers

My husband and I will be heading to CTI for the first time (May 29-June 4). We have been to CSA and CN the last two summers.

We were considering checking out the island, but have never done anything like this in the past. The au natural area at CN didn't look very private, but it seems the island will be more welcoming in this respect.

I am just concerned about how often the shuttle takes you there and back. Is there a schedule?

I am concerned that I will get to the island and not feel comfortable and want to head back.

Also, what amenities are on the island? Bathroom? pool? drinks? food? etc?

Do you mean the boat to the island (as opposed to the bus from the airport)? The boat runs on an as needed basis. You basically just stand on the dock (on either the "mainland" or island side) and they'll bring the boat over. The only time we have had to wait to get off the island was when the staff was loading/unloading supplies or when there were more people trying to leave than could fit in the boat at one time.

Bathroom? Check.
    Pool? Check.
    Drinks? Check.
    Food? They have brought buffet lunch out when we've been there, but they don't have wait staff or anything crazy! That would actually be kind of cool.

There is an Au Naturel posting boards on here, and it is very helpful with feedback from people who tried AN at the island for the first time. Boat shuttle from 9-5, anytime you need a ride back, they are very accommodating. Yes, light lunch is brought to the island....fabulous! Bathroom is inside the tower, and pretty basic. The pool is small, 3 1/2 feet deep swim up bar style. There are private areas to the right of the island.
    Have a great time...the people are wonderful!
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013
    CTI 7/1 - 7/10/2014