Hybrid View

Default **First time at Couples Resorts & AU Natural ***

SOOO...JULY 21 -27 MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL BE SPENDING 7 DAYS AT THE LOVELY (FROM WHAT I CAN SEE) TI. BUT WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. NEITHER OF US HAVE BEEN TO JAMAICA, SO WE ARE NEW TO IT ALL!! WE DEFINITIVELY WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE "AU NATURAL" ISLAND, BUT AGAIN WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!? SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD FILL US IN ON BOTH.. THE RESORT AND THE 'AU NATURAL" ISLAND. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTION..HOW IS THE ISLAND SET UP? (PICTURES WOULD HELP DARYLJACKSON86@GMAIL.COM) DOES THE ISLAND GET CROWDED? WHAT ARE THE BEST TIMES TO GO? AGE RANGE?.. WHAT SHOULD WE BRING TO THE ISLAND..

AHH SOMEONE HELP

THANKS!

THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT(lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson22 View Post
    SOOO...JULY 21 -27 MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL BE SPENDING 7 DAYS AT THE LOVELY (FROM WHAT I CAN SEE) TI. BUT WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. NEITHER OF US HAVE BEEN TO JAMAICA, SO WE ARE NEW TO IT ALL!! WE DEFINITIVELY WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE "AU NATURAL" ISLAND, BUT AGAIN WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!? SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD FILL US IN ON BOTH.. THE RESORT AND THE 'AU NATURAL" ISLAND. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTION..HOW IS THE ISLAND SET UP? (PICTURES WOULD HELP DARYLJACKSON86@GMAIL.COM) DOES THE ISLAND GET CROWDED? WHAT ARE THE BEST TIMES TO GO? AGE RANGE?.. WHAT SHOULD WE BRING TO THE ISLAND..

AHH SOMEONE HELP

THANKS!
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Read a few threads. If you can't find the answer, ask.

The best thing to do is just enjoy each other no matter what. The island is small but not too small. There is an area if you want to left alone. At swim up bar is best place to meet new people. The things you need to bring to the island is alot of SPF50 sunscreen, book, sunglasses. There is one thing I tell everyone is on the island everyone very polite and alot of fun. You could me amazed at how many people actually look at your face to talk to you there.

Hi Jackson22,

We like to go early, the first boat leaves at 9 am, this seems to be the least busiest time of the day. Don't worry it rarely gets overly crowded. They have plenty of loungers and mats, and if needed the staff will get more.

Age range? All ages welcome, all ages go!

What to bring to the island?... Lots of sunscreen, hat, Ipod, book, your girlfriend. Although you may ditch the Ipod and your book after the first day, you will most likely spend most of your time there talking to other couples. The island seems to bring out the best in people.

Expect to have a great time. You're going to love it!

Yes, there are LOTS of threads here on the message board that will likely answer most, and possibly, all of your questions. Click the Au Naturel link first and start there. Search for CTI, Island, Tower Isle, etc. Here's another good thread to read - Feedback After Your Vacation

My best piece of advise is to stop every once in awhile, look around, and take it all in. Enjoy the moment!!!! Feel the awe of the experience.
    Don't let your trip be a blur, but a great memory.

Thanks everyone for their input.. 3 weeks left! another question.. What facilities are at the Island? i keep hearing about "tower Time' , bowling. water slide. are these actual things at the island?

Facilities on the Island: bathroom, shower (just to rinse off) and a bar with a bartender. I don't think it is a full bar, but there is still a lot to choose from.

"Tower Time" is alone time with your SO. It is against the rules! Wink wink! As far as the other things mentioned...just some of us being comical.

The Island has become a very special place for a lot of us. It is the main reason we keep coming back. I hope it becomes a very special place for you both.

Reread novastar's comment, So true....

Hello Jackson22, check out these 360 degree of the Island. No bowling or water slide. There is a cool castle looking tower that you can go up in and see some great views of the resort and ocean.

Couples Towers Isle

&

Couples Towers Isle

My wife and I will be there July 13-19. This will be our second time at CTI. Once you go to the Island, you will spend every day there. I guarantee it! The food is amazing at this resort too.

Cheers!

Trent & Erin
    Richmond, VA

Don't forget about the water polo on the back side of the island!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Don't forget about the water polo on the back side of the island!
    And the bowling in the basement (Just take the stairs all the way down from the tower)

Or the movie theatre right next to the bowling ally!!

Lol ok i get it..thanks

Default confession of the stolen towel...

We just returned from a lovely 8 days on the island. My husband and I were VERY nervous about going to the island. We decided that we would get drunk and just do it. However, that's not how it happened....

We brought our red stripes with us in the bag. I packed them for courage....in case I couldn't get to the bar. We got to the island and there were no chairs and about 35 people in the pool. OMG, we were both horror struck. What do we do?? So, I decided we would get a towel out of the bag and just sit on the ground. Guess what??? Forgot the towels in the room and no bottle opener for the red stripes. My husband said, "Let's just go." I said, "Nope." I grabbed a towel from a chair and we both got naked right there.

So, I guess this is to admit that I stole someone's towel on Tower Isle. Sorry. A few minutes later, a nice naked lady came over to tell us some chairs were open. Well, the rest of the day was awesome. After that, we always went to the island early in the morning to reserve a spot. However, the rest of the week was very calm and not very many people!!! What a lovely vacation. I will never forget!