Default November Wedding... Private Reception

We are having a sunset ceremony on the beach (if weather permits) on November 13 this year! I have searched the message boards, but have not found many people who have had multiple guests attend their wedding and have had a private reception... I just want to know if there is any advice... any suggestions... basically how it all went Hire a DJ? Hire Mento band? Food? Decor?
    any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jaime

We had a sunset wedding at CSA and hired the steel drum band to play the wedding and a private reception. They provided food and it was held in a private area off of the martini bar. The wedding coordinator should be able to hook you up. We were there for about 1.5 hours after the wedding and then went downstairs to eat dinner. It was awesome. Good luck and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    We are having a sunset ceremony on the beach (if weather permits) on November 13 this year! I have searched the message boards, but have not found many people who have had multiple guests attend their wedding and have had a private reception... I just want to know if there is any advice... any suggestions... basically how it all went Hire a DJ? Hire Mento band? Food? Decor?
    any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jaime
    Can't say yes... but we are getting married at CTI with the Tower Isle package on June 27th, 2013... with 40 guests! I have had a lot of trouble finding information on these things so I will absolutely be posting photos, etc. when we get back!

Quote Originally Posted by kelseyhorner View Post
    Can't say yes... but we are getting married at CTI with the Tower Isle package on June 27th, 2013... with 40 guests! I have had a lot of trouble finding information on these things so I will absolutely be posting photos, etc. when we get back!
    Hello!

We were married at CSA in November 2012. We had 24 friends and family there and had a private reception.

We didn't do a DJ but we did have a steel drum band and used our ipod playlist after they left. The only day it rained was on our wedding day- we postponed the ceremony for an hour and it cleared up so we had the ceremony on the beach. The beach reception wasn't possible though with how much time it takes to set up. We had it inside a banquet room. I think it took a little of the excitement away from having the steel drum band, but it was still fun!

Depends on where you have your reception, but since ours was inside it was set up with the band up front, the bar to the left (when you walk in), at the back were the buffet tables, and 4 round white tables in the middle with 6 chairs. In your meeting with the wedding planner you can discuss how many people sit at each table and where you would like to sit. The food was wonderful and there were tons of desserts. We were glad we didn't upgrade our wedding cake since there was so much to eat! I only wish I could have enjoyed the food more, all of our guests said it was the best meal they had in Jamaica! I would recommend upgrading your flowers. There were tons to choose from and it would have been nice to have those options at home to go through. I felt a little rushed in picking one but besides that the wedding coordinator took care of everything and it was very stress-free.

I was very apprehensive going into the wedding with little information and not knowing what to expect but it all turned out perfectly! PS we had Stacey Clarke come in and do our photography for 5 hours. She took amazing photos and we were very happy with that choice. It did take almost 2 months to get the pictures back though- so keep that in mind!

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Kelly

I just saw all these replies!! Thank you for the information! Kelseyhorner, can't wait to hear about your wedding! Congrats!!