Thread: Timair

Default Timair

Anyone ever use TimAir??? Is it worth it? Any hassle with baggage, checkin, taxis,tipping???
    KJ

we used timair last year. we loved it. quick and easy. we had made reservations beforehand, but you dont pay until you check in. they have a booth in the arrival area after you clear customs and immigration. they helped with our bags, just wheeled them down to the other end, not a bad walk and loaded us up and we were on our way. we grabbed a quick taxi from the negril landing strip and at our hotel in no time. well worth the money.

KJW,

Timair is wonderful! We now use them every time we go to couples negril and just plan the cost as part of our enjoyment of getting to the resort quicker. This gives us more time to enjoy ourselves on that first day of arrival. This is a post I wrote many years ago. If you put in Timair on the search on the forum, you will find many posts.
    We highly recommend Timir as they have been wonderful to work with and always dependable. They go out of their way to make your travel with them great. Here is my post from the past. Here is a review I put out on Tim Air.

We are heading back to Couples Negril in the near future and again will take Tim Air. A lot of money, but it is so worth it to see the beautiful sights from the air and to get to the resort in 15 minutes. Nice to have that extra time laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. Here's one of my previous reviews on Tim Air.

We are set up to use Tim Air for the second time and we are looking forward to a quick trip to the resort. The first two trips to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. We didn't like the long shuttle and then the stop at a roadside snack place so others could get food and a beer( it was only about 20 minutes from the resort) It was nice to use the bathroom but, the 25 minute delay to our trip was frustrating.

Last year we used Tim Air for the first time. The company was wonderful and very good with me as I was a little nervous about going in the small plane. Our pilot, Curtis was so cool with me. The whole time during take off and getting up in the air, he keep talking to me making sure I was doing okay. As soon as we got into the air, all fears went away when I saw Jamaica from the air. It really is breathtaking and something everyone should try. You really do miss a lot of the scenery being on the ground. It is fantastic being to the resort in 15 minutes. There was a taxi waiting. Always clarify the cost before taking it. He only charge us $5.00 and then we gave him a small tip. The resort within walking distance but, I would suggest taking as a taxi as it is crazy on that road.

Tim Air treated us very well and I look forward to seeing our friends again. We do give the pilot a $20.00 tip. Make sure you set up the reservation so it gives you time to get through customs etc. I didn't set up the time right last year and they ended up waiting for us quit awhile. They never mentioned anything but, I felt bad. In the future, I'm planning on it taking about 1 hour to get through everything, a quick stop at couples lounge to check in and verify us using Timair. I gave a 15-20 minute window from the time we get to couples lounge, pay Tim Air and go through their small security check. Yes, plan to take the jewerly etc. off again before you get out to take their plan. They again are terrific. I would highly recommend taking Tim Air to the resort it is a lot of money but, so worth it. Good

We were thinking of using Tim Air this year for our trip to CSS but got a quote of $460.00 for the two of us one way. A bit more than we expected so we'll be doing the day dreaming of Couples shuttle ride. We did find out that the trip to Negril using Tim Air cost a lot less than Ocho Rios. Not sure why?

That is some great information! Thank you for sharing!
    So you still went to the Couples Lounge? Were you able to get a beverage?

Quote Originally Posted by redsun View Post
    KJW,

Timair is wonderful! We now use them every time we go to couples negril and just plan the cost as part of our enjoyment of getting to the resort quicker. This gives us more time to enjoy ourselves on that first day of arrival. This is a post I wrote many years ago. If you put in Timair on the search on the forum, you will find many posts.
    We highly recommend Timir as they have been wonderful to work with and always dependable. They go out of their way to make your travel with them great. Here is my post from the past. Here is a review I put out on Tim Air.

We are heading back to Couples Negril in the near future and again will take Tim Air. A lot of money, but it is so worth it to see the beautiful sights from the air and to get to the resort in 15 minutes. Nice to have that extra time laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. Here's one of my previous reviews on Tim Air.

We are set up to use Tim Air for the second time and we are looking forward to a quick trip to the resort. The first two trips to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. We didn't like the long shuttle and then the stop at a roadside snack place so others could get food and a beer( it was only about 20 minutes from the resort) It was nice to use the bathroom but, the 25 minute delay to our trip was frustrating.

Last year we used Tim Air for the first time. The company was wonderful and very good with me as I was a little nervous about going in the small plane. Our pilot, Curtis was so cool with me. The whole time during take off and getting up in the air, he keep talking to me making sure I was doing okay. As soon as we got into the air, all fears went away when I saw Jamaica from the air. It really is breathtaking and something everyone should try. You really do miss a lot of the scenery being on the ground. It is fantastic being to the resort in 15 minutes. There was a taxi waiting. Always clarify the cost before taking it. He only charge us $5.00 and then we gave him a small tip. The resort within walking distance but, I would suggest taking as a taxi as it is crazy on that road.

Tim Air treated us very well and I look forward to seeing our friends again. We do give the pilot a $20.00 tip. Make sure you set up the reservation so it gives you time to get through customs etc. I didn't set up the time right last year and they ended up waiting for us quit awhile. They never mentioned anything but, I felt bad. In the future, I'm planning on it taking about 1 hour to get through everything, a quick stop at couples lounge to check in and verify us using Timair. I gave a 15-20 minute window from the time we get to couples lounge, pay Tim Air and go through their small security check. Yes, plan to take the jewerly etc. off again before you get out to take their plan. They again are terrific. I would highly recommend taking Tim Air to the resort it is a lot of money but, so worth it. Good
    KJ

Don't plan on getting to the resort any sooner. We used the Club MoBay arrival service and breezed though immigration and customs on a busy day and then waited at the TimAir desk for a half an hour for another couple who didn't use the arrival service. The flight was great and very scenic.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

TimAir may or may not save you time after your arrival. Two of the three times we have taken TimAir to Negril, we had to wait for a plane (even though we had made our reservation ahead of time). This past January, we were whisked right to the plane without any delay at all. We love the view from the air and enjoy not having to sit on a bus for over an hour (Bob is prone to motion sickness). We especially enjoy TimAir on the return, as it allows us two hours extra at the resort. While that may not seem like much, means extra time on the beach relaxing the final day. It also allows us to have lunch at the resort, saving us the cost of eating at MoBay.

And as Curtis the pilot used to say, "You only have to tip me if I get you there safely."

Default tim air

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post
    Anyone ever use TimAir??? Is it worth it? Any hassle with baggage, checkin, taxis,tipping???
    Have used twince from mbj to negril fourteen minute flight over the island beauty views, no problems, little pricey wife didn.t want to go first time butt loved it. We landed in mbj at 830am on beach in negril by 9am.

KJM,

Here are some more answers to your questions on Timair. To start, I email Timair one month before using them on departure from MBJ to Negil. This email is a quote. Last year, we paid $472.00 from Mbj to Negril Round trip for 2 people. Again, it was round trip not one way. Once I get the email, I then usually copy this email and make my reservation on the reservation page with my copy of the email in the text box. The quote is good for one month. Since we have always made reservations ahead of arriving in MBJ, again we have never had to wait for a plane to be ready. They were always ready for us.

To avoid any problems with Couples Negril, I always send them an email to let them know that we are taking TimAir to the resort round trip and not the shuttle. Then, once we get into the transportation hall, my husband heads over to the Timair booth (just a few steps from the couples lounge)and I head to the couples lounge to verify that they got the email that we are taking Timair. This gives me time to use the restroom. This should give you a few minutes to grab a drink at the lounge and go. Again, we have never waited fo TimAir they are ready to take us to the area to pay the money and get onto the plane.

You walk with them and bring your baggage until you get to the Timair location. It is a short walk there then you pay and fill out a little paper work. They take your luggage weight it and load it onto your plan. Your luggage is there a few seats behind you. Never been a problem them handling our luggage at all. Here is more information from TimAir website on arrivals into MBJ before getting with Tim Air.Montego Bay Arrival Page - TimAir Limited

We have used Timair for three years now and will be using them again on our next flight. To us, it has always gotten us there to the resort quicker and make the whole trip so much more pleasant. Let me know if you have more questions and I will try and get back to you. Good luck on your decision and either way, Have a wonderful trip!

KJW - yes, you still check in at the Couples Lounge. We have always had time to have a cold Red Stripe and use the restroom.