Thread: CTI Secrets

Default CTI Secrets

Hi All! I've been reading the threads of the "secrets" about the other resorts. I would love to hear about the secrets at CUT. We will be going there for the first time next summer,and we don't want to miss a thing!
    Christy

Secrets???
    1. Plan ahead for things you want to do while at CTI - there are a number of reservations you need to make and "last minute, same day" decisions could leave you out of luck (at least for that day). You'll want to make your dinner bookings for 8 Rivers Restaurant and Bayside Restaurant (if you want to eat there and both are amazing) as soon as possible after your arrival. Also if you want to do the Catamaran Cruise book that as soon as you arrive. These are all booked at Guest Services in the main lobby.
    2. Also plan ahead if you want to scuba or snorkel - both are booked through the sports desk on the beach by the pier. Don't leave these experiences until your final day or two - if the ocean is too rough, these sometimes get cancelled and you'll have to rebook.
    3. CTI's best non-secret is of course the Island. If you're thinking of giving it a go, visit the Au Naturel threads for lots of discussion about the island. Definitely worth considering even if only to say you "tried it". Also don't leave the island till your last day or two - there's many posts about folks who waited to try until the end - loved it - and then ran out of time.
    4. Best "secret" we discovered about CTI is the "big enough that it had everything we wanted to do" but "small enough you never felt crowded" feel to the resort. And everything in the resort is "right there" - less than a 1 minute walk to anything you need or want to do onsite. Loved, loved, loved this secret!
    5. Dunn's River Falls is fun albeit a little "touristy" for my liking. Watch out for the vendors on the way back to the parking lot though - they a little persistent.
    6. Get up early to enjoy an Jamaican sunrise at CTI, the resort is very quiet and you'll feel like you have the whole place to yourself - usually just a few staff getting the day started. It a view you'll never forget.
    7. Think about checking out the Trading Places options and visiting CSS for a day - you need to prebook this at least a week BEFORE you arrive. Click on FAQs page and scroll down the bottom of the page to "Visiting Other Couples Resorts / Trading Places" to see how to do this. (I wish Couples didn't make this so complicated). But definitely worth the effort for a day at CSS as is has a completely different feel from CTI.
    8. And finally, the staff are amazing - they will greet you with a "welcome home" when you arrive and they mean it. You will feel so comfortable and welcome there.
    Have a great time and "welcome home".

my husband and I have been 5 times feel free to email us and we will fill you in on ALL the secrets! mctighth2400@gmail

Great reply Canadadude. We are there April 25th and cannot wait! Will be booking the restaurants and catamaran @ check in time!

This is excellent I never even thought of the sunrise! Is the best place to watch it on the beach? I thought the trading places was only for repeat guests, we are repeaters but I just found out our romance rewards have expired! I'm not sure if we will get an invite to the repeaters dinner because of this.

For room service do we have to order it the night before like their breakfast menu?

What hot tubs can you use at night, I noticed that you cannot use the spa one any longer after hours.

mctighth, why don't you share your secrets with everyone?

We have been to CSA three times and love it, this year we are trying CTI in August. Would a Trading Spaces day at CSS be long enough for us to see that resort? Thanks for any info.

Randandbets...everyone might not want to know about our kind of secrets lol. plus we have been there a bunch so its alot to share with out some more specific info on what someone has in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    mctighth, why don't you share your secrets with everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This is excellent I never even thought of the sunrise! Is the best place to watch it on the beach? I thought the trading places was only for repeat guests, we are repeaters but I just found out our romance rewards have expired! I'm not sure if we will get an invite to the repeaters dinner because of this.

For room service do we have to order it the night before like their breakfast menu?

What hot tubs can you use at night, I noticed that you cannot use the spa one any longer after hours.
    Re: hot tubs -- did they change that in the last year? We were at CTI at this time last year and we used the hot tubs at the spa in the evening. It was super romantic; we went relatively early -- probably 8 p.m. -- so we were the only ones there. But there are hot tubs near the main pool, too (not the swim-up bar pool).

Room service -- you don't have to order it in advance, just call them up.

As for secrets ... apparently there is a place to get specialty coffee in the souvenir shop by the beach! It's not advertised, and I didn't know until after we came home. I love a good latte, so I wish I had known! Also, if you want to try two entrees on the menu, go ahead and order them! I wanted to try the duck and the shrimp at Bayside, and they were happy to bring out two bowls.

We used the hot tubs in the spa several times at night when we were there in January. One time someone else came just as we were leaving, but otherwise had it to ourselves. You have to be very careful because the temperature can vary greatly. On each occasion one was OK, but the other one was way too hot. It was very relaxing. The guide on our tour even mentioned using the hot tubs at night, so I assumed that meant it was ok.

Don't bother with the spa pool in January. It was FREEZING!

p.s. Meeko, anyone can do trading places if they sign up for Romance Rewards before going. It is simple and free. We enjoyed our days (we did two although you normally are only allowed one, there were only four couples going each time) at SSB away from the wind at CTI.

edit to delete
    Last edited by Allans_Angel; April 18th, 2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: delete

Thanks for the information! Any secrets of the resort would be appreciated.

Kjc5032 on the AU website it says that the spa jacuzzi will be closed in the evening to groups as there was some sort of incident that occurred. So I would assume its closed at night, because if more than one couple show up I guess it could be considered a group. It's too bad that someone ruined this for everyone else.

Yes, kjc is right: we each got a cappuccino from the "logo" gift shop, and it was pretty good! We learned about it on the tour. Not sure what else is available there, but we'll probably go back here more often on our return trip.

Last edited by Jackson22; June 10th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mctighth View Post
    my husband and I have been 5 times feel free to email us and we will fill you in on ALL the secrets! mctighth2400@gmail
    mctighth I tried emailing you to find out some "secrets".. email didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson22 View Post
    mctighth I tried emailing you to find out some "secrets".. email didn't work
    mctighth, I also tried to email you on May 18th. Thought maybe you chose not to reply, so I wasn't going to say anything since that's completely up to you, but is it possible you're not getting our emails?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    mctighth, I also tried to email you on May 18th. Thought maybe you chose not to reply, so I wasn't going to say anything since that's completely up to you, but is it possible you're not getting our emails?
    hey everyone sorry about that..yes was having major problems with the email. Try getting us at mctighth@yahoo instead

hey sorry about that. was having all kinds of email problems. try getting us at mctighth@yahoo in stead

I tried emailing to the yahoo email as well and it wouldn't go thru

Quote Originally Posted by Skinr1 View Post
    I tried emailing to the yahoo email as well and it wouldn't go thru
    Don't know if it went through or not but didn't get any reply when I tried the yahoo email either. Oh well,less than 2 weeks and we'll be there so I guess I'll either find out myself or be able to ask the mctighths in person since they'll be there the same time.

My wife and I will be in CTI early June for our 25th wedding anniversary and second honeymoon. The last time we were there was 25 years ago for our first honeymoon. :-)

Thought I would bump this thread to the top to see if anyone else had any great ideas for our time at CTI. Thanks ahead!

Default Night blooming tree

Take time to go check out the tree that only blooms at night. I can't remember the name of it but it is really awesome. If you get up way early in the mornings before the grounds crew cleans up you can see the blooms on the ground where they had fallen off in the night. My husband and I looked at the tree every night and then on the mornings I was to lazy to get out of bed he brought me a couple blooms to our room.