Default Greeter for Trading Places Day

Two years ago when we were at CN, we did the trading places and went to CSA. It was the first time we have done the trading places because we've been to the other three resorts for vacation. We were expecting someone to be there to greet the bus from CN and show us around or at least go over some things about the resort, like where we could get beach towels and which restaurants served lunch, before we started exploring on our own. But there was no one and we even had to ask if we could have a resort map at the lobby desk. It would be really nice if Couples did the trading places in time to make the 10 AM Orientation for anyone that is interested. Last year we went from CSS to CTI for a day with friends we had with us. They had not been to CTI. There again, no one to greet with any info. It didn't matter this trip because we had already been there twice and acted as their tour guide. Anyone have any thoughts on this? If a lot of people have felt this way, maybe Randymon would consider this suggestion.

that sounds like a good idea that would be easy to make happen

I have not done Trading Places yet, but I would feel funny and out of place just walking into a resort that I knew nothing about. I hope someone reads this and at least makes the decision to have someone there to greet the bus and give general information. Thanks for the heads up on this.

I think this is a great idea!!!! We did the trading places from CSA to CN in 2010 and we plan on doing it again this July. We felt really awkward walking around and not knowing what to do or what not to do.

This seems like a very good suggestion, IMO. We've only been to CTI so far but did go to the (very well-done) tour with Alvin on our first morning and found it really helpful. We're returning next year and plan to check out CSS one day. I know that we would definitely appreciate a service like this.

I completely agree that it would be great if they arranged the Trading Places to arrive in time to take the tour. I felt the same way when we did the trading places from CN to CSA. We asked at the desk and we were able to join the tour, I think we just missed the fitness center tour, but we would have been completely lost without it.

We did trading places from CTI to CSS. When we got there we asked for a map at the concierge desk and she asked if we wanted a tour of the resort. We turned it down since we knew where we wanted to go, but it was nice that she asked and was willing to do it.

We have done trading places from CTI to CSS and they actually did a guided tour of CSS for us. Hmm...

I really like this idea...and kind of assumed that was already the way it was set up! We're hoping to do a trading places day to CN next month, and hope at least we'll be given a map of the resort to make it easier to figure things out on our visit.

Each time we did the trading places we were just in time for the tour. When we went from CN to CSA they directed us right to the tour. From CTI to CSS we actually had to ask about it but it seemed most from our group had been there already and took off on there own. Not sure if they changed the times of the tours but it worked out for us.

Thanks for all the responses. It sounds like it is the "luck of the draw" depending on what time you get to the resort to catch the tour. It would be nice if there was a specific process that Couples followed. We will be at CN this July and we are taking our friends over to CSA for the trading places so we'll see what happens.

We were greeted at the bus and welcomed. Then pointed to the beginning of the orientation, which we took. We were very well informed after that and felt very welcome at the resort. Oh, this was CSA.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I think I'd like to apply for the "greeter "position at CSA & would be willing to work for room & board! Where should I send my resume & application?? I know that place so well because it IS my 2nd Home!! Just kidding BUT sure would beat being a greeter at Walmart! LOL!