Thread: CSA for Mom

Default CSA for Mom

This past week my Mother died after a short battle (9 months) with stage 4 lung cancer, she was 56. I can still remember the day she told me like it was yesterday. She said nonchalantly, "I have terminal lung cancer. They estimate I will last 6 months." She passed away on April 10, 2013. I tried like crazy to get her a trip to my favorite place (CSA) before she passed, but she became too weak too quickly for any travel, so today I booked a vacation to CSA for my wife and I, at end of NOV 2013 to celebrate her memory. She would have loved Jamaica, Couples resorts, the beach, the food, and the PEOPLE! Hopefully wherever she is, she will be able join me in this vacation, and finally see how wonderful Jamaica is.

CSA - see you Nov. 28th, 2013

LOVE YOU ALWAYS MOM.

drgerard316,
    So very sorry for to hear of your mothers passing at such a young age.(mine at that!) It brings to mind why I wake up every morning and thank God for air I breath after loosing my sister from cancer in 2011. Enjoy your visit to CSA in November and I'm sure your mother will smiling down on you and enjoying every moment with you! Please save us some Mojitos for our return on December 19th!!

Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother. She would certainly have loved CSA and the Jamaican people.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

I'm sorry for your loss. My mother passed away from lung cancer on September 9, 2012. My husband and I were in Jamaica at the time, scheduled to return on September 10th. We will be returning this year in September to celebrate her memory also.

I am sure you will have your mother with you. Our thoughts are also with you. I have made a trip to CSS and CSA in December of 2011 after my bout with lung cancer, lobe removal, and chemotherapy earlier that year. We missed December of 2012, but are booked and looking forward to December of this year. In two weeks we are off to the Kentucky Derby.

So very sorry to hear about your mother .... She was SO YOUNG .... I'm 51 & that is just way too young. My Mom had part of a lung removed in 2010 due to lung cancer at age 83 .... My husband & I left on the day she was released from the hospital after her surgery for CN to celebrate our 30th anniversary. She is now 86 & the cancer is back .... only this time in other places. She knows how very blessed she is to have lived to be 86 & when the doctors are talking about the time that is left, she is only worried about living long enough to finish the quilt she is making for the youngest great grandchild. Your Mom would have wanted you to go & have the best time ever because I think that's all a Mom ever really wants for her children. Go & say a toast for her at sunset ..... She'll be there, making sure it's a beautiful one.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by drgerard316 View Post
    This past week my Mother died after a short battle (9 months) with stage 4 lung cancer, she was 56. I can still remember the day she told me like it was yesterday. She said nonchalantly, "I have terminal lung cancer. They estimate I will last 6 months." She passed away on April 10, 2013. I tried like crazy to get her a trip to my favorite place (CSA) before she passed, but she became too weak too quickly for any travel, so today I booked a vacation to CSA for my wife and I, at end of NOV 2013 to celebrate her memory. She would have loved Jamaica, Couples resorts, the beach, the food, and the PEOPLE! Hopefully wherever she is, she will be able join me in this vacation, and finally see how wonderful Jamaica is.

CSA - see you Nov. 28th, 2013

LOVE YOU ALWAYS MOM.
    I just said a quick prayer for your Mom. I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer this past year. All we can do is live our lives in memory of them. Have a wonderful trip.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom and best friend to Stage IV SC Lung Cancer on November 28, 2011. Mothers Day is really tough for me, so hubby and I booked a private island dinner for CTI on Mothers Day this year. I figure she'll be there with me

I can completely sympathize... Sorry.

My mom had COPD for years with escalating difficulty. My fiancé and I decided to go the destination wedding route and really wanted my parents to go. October 2012 she had a severe set back and spent a week in ICU and in the hospital for 3 weeks total. She recovered and by thanksgiving she looked great and was happy. We were encouraged that she would be able to improve and be able to travel. Well we already had a trip to CSA mid-December.... On December 5th, I got a call from my brother telling me that Mom passed away at the same age, 56 - utterly devastating. We still went to Jamaica with a heavy heart, it was truly an escape and helped me heal.

Like you, I wanted nothing more than to show my parents Jamaica and to see me get married. Alas, it was not in the cards... So we are now headed back to CSA for 10 nights with our wedding being on December 14, 2013.

Losing a parent shakes the foundation of your life like I never thought possible...

Enjoy your celebration in November!

Sorry to hear of your loss at such a young age. My condolences. Go...enjoy...toast mom at sunset. God be with you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My dad died at 56..but traveled and did so much that he wanted to do..go and live with no worries mon..I am trying everyday to not"worry about a thing"...

Thank you everyone for such kind words! It really did help make me feel better through the last few weeks.