Default Bringing friends...."Once you Go You Will KNow"

We are just about to book our 4th trip to Couples. We have been to CTI, CN and CSS last year. We are booking our next trip to CSA for Dec. 2013. We are bringing some friends on this trip. Not really worried about them not liking it because we know they will. When someone asks us about Jamaica we tell this "Once you go You Will know". We suggested to some friends last year about going and they kept asking us about and thats what we told. When she got to CSS she sent my wife a private message on FB that " I now Know What you Mean".... Can't wait to come home in Dec. 2013 to CSA....
    BamaDude...

BamaDude I am impressed that you will have stayed at 4 of the Couples resorts. We are hooked but can't seem to leave CN. We liked CSA too but it is hard to go to the other side of the island. What are your thoughts Ocho Rios vs. Negril
    Mariann. A Bama Dudette from Huntsville

Small world we are from the Florence, AL area... We love different things about each one. They all have their own style and personality. We love the beaches of Negril and love the private beaches of Ocho Rios. But to us the name Couples means you cannot go wrong with any of them. We just love being in Jamaica.... Couples just makes it that much better... We are looking forward to our trip to CSA and cannot wait to share this trip with our great friends...
    Andy & Cindy BamaDude and Dudette from Florence.......

Jimnmariann - Know you didn't ask for my 2 cents on this but we're also CN lovers so I'm sticking my nose in anyway .... LOL .... Definitely Negril side of the island lovers .... We had done a day trip to Dunn's River Falls & the Martha Brae River once so had been to Ocho Rios side but hadn't stayed there before ..... After staying at CSA once & CN 3X (plus 3 other trips to other resorts) we did the SR in May 2009 to save some $$'s knowing that we would more than likely end up in Ocho Rios ..... We got CSS. We thought the resort was GORGEOUS & are glad we went but, that being said, we wouldn't go there again & really have no interest in CTI. We (me especially) missed the Negril beach way more than we thought we would ..... It's night & day difference .... The beach is pretty but in no way compares to 7 mile beach (Bloody Bay) if you're a "beach person". The sand is brown, the beach is super small, & the CN atmosphere was just not there .... The resort was so spread out that we'd meet people & never see them again ... unlike CN, where you see the same people every single day because everything is designed around the pool area. It didn't help that it rained pretty much all day of everyday the week we were there (1 day it was like a typhoon all day) & we were hearing that it was sunny in Negril, which just made it worse. Here's my opinion, for what it's worth - If you are truly a beach person, then stick to the Negril side. If the central pool & pool bar area is a huge part of your love of CN, than stick to CN.
    Julie

I am always fairly surprised that Couples fans invite friends to join them at Couples. Not that I don't have some lovely friends whom I am happy to spend some fun time with but really because being at Couples is our real chance to reconnect with each other each year. We are happy to meet new people but not happy to drag friends along who may expect us to join them all the time simply because we are friends. Also, there are probably a few of my friends who wouldn't mind seeing my wife on SSB but may feel a bit uneasy with me in the buff!!! he he. Whatever rocks yer boat I guess. It's all irie, just not for us.

As you were ladies and gentlemen......

Thanks Andy and Cindy. Are you a Roll Tider or the other one?
    Maxernie - I appreciate your two cents worth. You told me what I think I already knew.
    Thanks
    Mariann

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    It didn't help that it rained pretty much all day of everyday the week we were there (1 day it was like a typhoon all day) & we were hearing that it was sunny in Negril, which just made it worse.
    Maxernie: What time of year were you there? I''m a little worried that what happened to you is going to happen to us. I have booked CSS for our September trip. Last year we were at CN in September and it was beautiful weather the entire week (we got only one afternoon of rain, which isn't too bad in my book). I'm concerned that it is going to be rainy on the Ocho Rios side of the island in September. I'm already (kind of) regretting not rebooking CN, since we LOVED it there!

BamaDude - Come on over to the Dec 2013 meetup thread and I'll add you to our list. Monica and I are from Troy (but our daughter is spending our money at Auburn).

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

We were there in mid May ..... We have also been to Negril at the same time of year (May) 3 or 4 different times & in September twice (as well as other times during the year) & had the normal afternoon shower pop up or sometimes no rain at all so not sure if that is normal for Ocho Rios to get more rain than Negril or not since that is the only time we've stayed there. It was how very much I missed that beautiful long white sand beach, crystal clear water, & the CN atmosphere with everything centrally located with the pool & pool bar being in the center of all the action that bothered me the most ...... It just wasn't the same at all. Like I said before, I'm glad we went to CSS because it's very GORGEOUS but it's not someplace I care to ever go back to. Trip #7 to CN booked .... YAY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Maxernie: What time of year were you there? I''m a little worried that what happened to you is going to happen to us. I have booked CSS for our September trip. Last year we were at CN in September and it was beautiful weather the entire week (we got only one afternoon of rain, which isn't too bad in my book). I'm concerned that it is going to be rainy on the Ocho Rios side of the island in September. I'm already (kind of) regretting not rebooking CN, since we LOVED it there!
    Julie

My name says it all Roll Tide!!!