Default Floyd's Pelican Bar

Looking for reviews from anyone who has ever ventured out to this unique little place. Is it in Negril? I know it's in the water. How do you go about making arrangements to go to it? Is it worth the time away from CN? We are already booked for the One Love Pub Crawl. 13 days to go!!! ;-)

The Pelican Bar is a good 2 hours or more away from CN. It sits on a sand bar about a quarter mile off the south west coast of Jamaica near the town of Black River. I would suggest combining a trip to the Pelican Bar with YS Falls, Mayfield Falls, The Appleton Rum Estate, OR Black River Rafting tours. Most people hire a driver to take them and then hire a local fisherman to take you out to the bar on his boat. Any driver/tour company can set this up for you.

I used Joe Cool Taxi for a YS Falls/Pelican Bar tour. US$150 for three people plus US$16 entrance fee for YS Falls, plus a tip for our YS guide, plus US$10 per person for the boat to Pelican Bar, plus we paid for Joe's lunch, plus a Tip for Joe. We left Negril at 8:30 AM and returned around 6:00 PM. Great Trip. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; April 19th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We have researched Floyds quite a bit and want to make the trip along with a quick stop at YS Falls. We are looking at May 15 or 16.

It's 2 hours form Negril. Best to plan a whole day and add a couple other attractions. We did the Back River Safari and YS Falls with the Pelican Bar. Made for a nice day.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015